Double Fine’s Adventure Kickstarter Tops $1,000,000!

By John Walker on February 9th, 2012 at 11:43 pm.

Cha-CHING.

Double Fine’s Kickstarter (currently wobbly under the weight of money), the planned month-long fund raise for $400,000, has just crossed $1,000,000 in the first 24 hours. One. Million. Dollars. In a day.

I know it’s crazy, but it kind of makes me a bit teary-eyed.

I’m sure some people have said, “That’s money that could have gone to charity,” but you know what? Lots of money goes to charity too. This is money being given to the arts, and it’s a great thing to see.

As I said earlier, I’m sure that when Schafer typed in the “400,000″ into the Kickstarter box, a part of him would have wondered if he was pushing his luck. I mean, that’s an awful lot of money, and it’s a lot to ask for a game that doesn’t exist in any form. It’s reliant on a reputation, and a desire for a genre.

But what a reputation. This is Tim Schafer, one of my real heroes. Day Of The Tentacle means so much to me, and is a game I keep going back to, to remind me of the standards I should be demanding from comedy in games. Grim Fandango was Schafer’s most personal creation, and is rated by very many as the best example of the genre. And Psychonauts – well, I’m not sure there’s any chance that I won’t spend the weekend replaying it now. What marks out these games (perhaps not DOTT so much) is the emotion that pours out of them. They’re so touching, so much deeper than the surface suggests. And they’re so damned funny. Oh, and he’s only got Ron Gilbert working with him.

And what a genre! While it does seem that only German developers remember why such graphic adventures were so special, the audience certainly hasn’t forgotten. And despite a peculiarly concerted effort by both the gaming press and publishers for the last fifteen years to constantly decry it as a failing field, there’s a lot of love out there. And a lot of money.

This display of giving has been remarkable to watch. Not altruistic, obviously – people want the game. Anyone who has been refreshing the Kickstarter page can’t have failed to bristle with excitement when they’ve seen it’s leapt up by another $10,000 in the last five minutes. 26,000 people have backed this, pledging an average of $40 each. And sure, a publisher can see those as tiny numbers if compared to game sales, it’s crucial to remember that this is in under a day, and it’s only by people who’ve been following the story! There’s been no long-term advertising campaign, just the press generated by a day’s excitement. And of course for DF, there’s no debt, and no publisher breathing down their neck.

This isn’t a sign of how all games will be funded – obviously not. This isn’t the death of publishing, or whatever other rather silly comments some have made today. But what it is, is a loud, clear signal from the gaming audience that the middlemen are not always necessary, they are not necessary for the creative industry to succeed. Because this isn’t a lone example, this is one of many creative projects that have found their way to success through the patronage of their customers. Whatever happens next, direct funding is going to play a large part in it. And it’s impossible not to observe that on a day when gamers give a million dollars for a game that doesn’t yet exist, Ubisoft’s customers couldn’t play games they’d paid for and received. The contrast is important to notice.

But most of all, there’s going to be a new Gilbert and Schafer adventure game, and that makes me just beam. And seeing this much money come in from people passionate to make it happen – well, it’s just joyful. A properly happy thing.

Let’s hope the game’s good.

, , , , .

1. Tomo says:

You wrote that v. fast John! Impressive!

2. Suits says:

I couldn’t tell, because kickstarter crashed while everyone was refreshing the page to see it hit 1 million. :o
    Last amount i saw was 999.425, then it went down for a bit.

3. Dizzard says:

I didn’t even see it happen, kickstarter has gone offline. :o

Clavus says:

God I love this industry. Kickstarter broke the moment they hit the $1M.

• LionsPhil says:

Software development is a field absolutely bristling with competent professionals.

• BooleanBob says:

Lionsphil: That’s a joke about neckbeards, right?

*puts hand to neck self-consciously*

• Masked Dave says:

I hate comments like this. Why the hell would Kickstarter have randomly invested a huge amount of money to handle a user load like they’ve never seen before?

That many user’s constantly refreshing a page is basically a manual DDoS attack.

Servers are expensive.

• Optimaximal says:

Maybe they had to re-program the integer that holds the currency value because they never expected it to top 6 figures?!

• Memphis-Ahn says:

Kickstarter guys are probably pretty happy about it though, seeing as their 5% cut is $50,000 now (and will only keep going up).

5. Tomo says:

“But most of all, there’s going to be a new Gilbert and Schafer adventure game, and that makes me just beam.”

Hear, here.

Gap Gen says:

I can’t believe I didn’t see that name pairing in that way before.

6. pakoito says:

Is there any way to play Grim Fandango on Windows 7 that doesn’t make me wish I could die? I mean proper controls at least…

• Brumisator says:

Ask and ye shall receive.

I find windowed mode helps, except in cutscene movies where it won’t run windowed.

• ThunderPeel2001 says:

Actually you’ll probably have difficulty even with that. ResidualVM is your best bet. Here’s some instructions for you:

How to run Grim Fandango on Modern Machines

• Waltorious says:

I just wanted to say that I used the same installer that Brumisator linked to, and had no trouble running the game on Windows 7 64-bit. The only thing I noticed were some infrequent sound hiccups. But it’s possible that ResidualVM will fix those, I haven’t tried it.

Point being that the installer mostly works with very little trouble. Just in case setting up ResidualVM sounded like too much hassle.

jezcentral says:

Let’s get them to do kickstarter to re-release Grim Fandango with a spiffy new Special Edition.

dartt says:

If you have problems with the sound after using the installer Brumisator linked to, try setting the processor affinity to a single core in the Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC > Processes > GrimFandango.exe > Set Affinity > Untick all but CPU 0).

7. Flint says:

Might as well just fund that Psychonauts 2 while we’re at it.

Rinox says:

Someone start another kickstarter quick. Let Notch meet the amount raised and voila!

• NinjaOxygen says:

It made me a little sad that the Kickstarter was not for Psychonauts 2, but this is still fantastic news.

I’d happily do it again in October for another Psychonauts game!

• Ignorant Texan says:

This could happen. Tim Schafer return tweet to someone asking how much it would take to turn this into Psychonauts 2 was $20 million, so only a little less than $19 million to go!

• LionsPhil says:

Why, when you could have Tim Schafer’s writing and worldbuilding in a game, would you prefer the gameplay underneath that to be a dodgy platformer, rather than a point-and-click adventure, a genre which focuses on the strength of interactions more complicated than “jump” or “shoot”?

• Flint says:

Nothing wrong with Psychonauts’ platformer mechanics, it’s got really solid gameplay. But yes, a new original adventure is of course the best thing but could be nice if in addition some of this money could act as a seed for eg another Psychonauts; I’m not sure how you’re going to spend an additional 600k+ for improving aspects of a classic-style adventure game, I’d rather they saved some of the money left over for other projects.

• TonyB says:

And don’t forget that if they get to $20.4 million they can make both. Everyone’s a winner!

• adonf says:

@Rinox: I don’t think Notch is going to give away millions of dollars just like that. My impression was that he was offering to finance the game but that he’d want a return in his investment if the game made any money (basically what a publisher does, maybe giving them creative freedom and without the shark ethics big publishers have)

Rinox says:

@ Adonf

Oh, absolutely! I wouldn’t expect Notch to do it (purely) out of the kindness of his heart. After all, most people donating to this project are ‘investing’ in a small way. I mean they’re getting a copy of the game already, which isn’t much, but still an important incentive. :-) I’m guessing Notch would want something else than 5000000 copies of the game for a potential investment though, haha.

8. Palehorse says:

I got a page refresh to show me 1,000,268. Still looking at it with a smile on my face. Checked twitter right after and saw the RPS link to their article. Stunning typing speed!

9. Kevin says:

Seriously, can we not let that genre die the ignoble death it so richly deserves? I’m sorry, John, but I will never forgive Funcom for subjecting us to that “feed the undercover cop a mint slathered in green goo” puzzle in the Longest Journey, no matter how good the story was in that game.

• Eddy9000 says:

You didn’t see the bit on the kickstarter page that said it was funding a traditional point n’ click adventure game then? It’s just that I can’t see all the people who have given their money to fund a point n’ click adventure game feeling like they wasted it when it’s used to fund a point n’ click adventure game.

• Shih Tzu says:

Actually, the game briefly crossed genres today, according to Schafer’s twitter account:

“Guys, I’ll make you a deal. If we hit $980k I’ll add RTS elements to the game! And if we hit $1M, I’ll take them back out!”

• Jerakal says:

/headdesk

You are a paragon of your species sir.

Ignoramus Pompesius

• D3xter says:

Or how someone else put it, Kevin isn’t a name but a diagnosis :P

• FataMorganaPseudonym says:

“If it turns out to be another point-and-click adventure game, it seems to me like money-well-wasted.”

Ah, you’re just trolling. Gotcha. I’ll stop reading your comment there.

10. Navagon says:

This is how it should be.

11. ulix says:

As I said in the other news:

SOMEONE TELL CHRIS SAWYER ABOUT THIS, NOW!!!

• Untruth says:

+1 for Sawyer

• Navagon says:

Thirded!

• frenz0rz says:

I would donate to this.

FriendlyFire says:

Oh my, yes!

And Chris Roberts too.

• BurningPet says:

+100 $ if this happens. I don’t even need any other incentives,

• LionsPhil says:

I dunno, I got the impression Sawyer wasn’t so much hurting for money as he was just largely a lone gun. He already spent money outsourcing art and music all the way since the first Transport Tycoon.

• Untruth says:

You’re right – Sawyer apparently made a lot of money ‘back in the day’.

I got the feeling that Sawyer just lost his will with it all – selling rights to RCT3 and then suing due to misplaced royalties surely seemed like the last straw. That said, Locomotion was just not as good as TT – not because it wasn’t TT – it just lacked some of the detail that made TT so lovely.

I’d love to know what he’s up to these days, and if he has plans for anything else ever…

12. fiddlesticks says:

Apparently, Chris Avellone could imagine funding an old-school isommetric RPG in the same manner, if his twitter is to be believed: http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisAvellone/status/167668841458040832.

In any case, I’m quite happy for Tim Schaefer and his crew and fairly certain that my money has been invested wisely. Let’s hope they will make the most of it.

• Wizardry says:

Yeah but his definition of old-school isometric RPG is something like Planescape: Torment.

• Bhazor says:

@ Wizardry

That’s a strange typo. You end up making that sound like a bad thing.

• Ed123 says:

That’s because Torment is a JRPG /rpgcodex

• faelnor says:

Yeah, a… typo…

• Infinitron says:

Sup MMXI.

ffordesoon says:

If that happens, I won’t just put money into that Kickstarter, I will raise funds for it. Seriously. I’ll make calls, I’ll meet with people, trade sexual favors, whatever.

• InternetBatman says:

I really think Obsidian would be a great company to do this kind of project. They have a hardcore fanbase, and underserved genre, and a couple celebrity developers.

c-Row says:

*gets out credit card*

• NathanH says:

I agree with Wizardry.

Lars Westergren says:

Avellone: “I admit, I’ve got Kickstarter fever now. I feel like a bunch of doors suddenly appeared in game development.”

Commencing hyperventilation.

It's not me it's you says:

$100 if Avellone is the lead writer and picks the rest of the writing team.

Lars Westergren says:

I’ve already pledged to pledge $1000 if an Obsidian Kickstarter appears. :P

• Cerius says:

$500 if the development team looks like this

Project Director: Tim Cain
      Lead Designer: Josh Sawyer
      Creative Lead: Chris Avellone

+ George Ziets, Eric Fenstermaker on the writing team

Aside from that other names like Scott Everts.
      Justin Cherry directing the Art.

• MasterDex says:

The DF kickstarter has me excited enough, the thoughts of a fresh isometric RPG headed by Chris Avellone is just too much right now!

And if it did turn out anything like Planescape: Torment, I’d be a very happy gamer.

13. captain nemo says:

+1 faith in humanity

Nero says:

I’m very happy to be apart of this! 1 million is just crazy. I think I might replay Psychonauts for the third time this weekend to celebrate. A new adventure game by these fine guys makes me very happy.

15. castle says:

This is wonderful. But let’s not forget–if things don’t go as planned (e.g. long delays, difficulty making it under budget, release of a buggy/unfinished product) this could just as well end up being a cautionary tale in regards to big-budget Kickstarter funding. This project will most certainly be in the spotlight this year, and the finished product will no doubt see a lot more scrutiny as a result.

• Hidden_7 says:

Good thing they’ve got well over twice their budget in the first day then, should help ease those problems.

It’s also worth noting that a part of this is the experience of the development being open, and under scrutiny. The whole process is being documented by a film crew, that will release monthly updates. It’s not merely a new Schafer/Gilbert adventure (though it is that) it’s that out in the open for everyone to see.

Schafer even mentions in the pitch video that even if everything goes to crap, it will be documented going to crap, and hopefully that will be worthy in its own way.

All that being said, this seems like exactly the thing that is well within the company’s ability to deliver. I don’t forsee this being a tortured struggle of a development; the ambition is fairly reigned in, and they’ve got a lot of experience.

• Skabooga says:

A prudent and cautious approach is certainly a good thing to have, but we just raised one million dollars in 24 hours. Tonight we make party!

I’ll wait at least until the summer until I let the worries kick in.

16. The_B says:

Just hold me, denizens of RPS. I want us to share in the moment.

17. Bhazor says:

Know what would be funny?

This game turns out *really* bad. I mean “7th guest without the lucid plot” bad.

• Sarlix says:

This would be very unfunny.

It would score 0.0001 on the laugh-O-meter ™

I think you may be having a sense of humour malfunction

• FinBen says:

A remake of 11th Hour then, perhaps?

lurkalisk says:

I’d say that would be hilarious. Terrible, surely, but hilarious.

• Grygus says:

Seems to me that two of the three leading causes of bad games – lack of funding and publisher pressure for a premature release – have already been averted. All that’s left is bad design, and that seems less likely in this case than in most others.

I am not a gambler but would bet a lot of money that this game will be above average at worst.

18. Armante says:

$1,000,000 and counting.. that’s awesome
    Very happy to give them my $15 to be a part of it, and looking forward to seeing how it develops

19. Nintyuk says:

I think Indievestment Is a great business model that’s popped up since Minecraft’s inspiring it. It allows gamers to affectively commission the kind of games they want to play. And now with double fine doing it, it proves the concept can work more than once.

• MellowKrogoth says:

It’s great, except that you get many fans who back the game in its early stage and then go batshit insane on the developers when the game doesn’t go in the direction they want it to, features are not added fast enough or bugs fixed quick enough for their taste. See: Minecraft “fans”.

ffordesoon says:

“And it’s impossible not to observe that on a day when gamers give a million dollars for a game that doesn’t yet exist, Ubisoft’s customers couldn’t play games they’d paid for and received. The contrast is important to notice.”

That’s what’s astonished me about Kickstarter for a long time. It says so much about the people who consume media, and about how unsatisfied they are with the way the media conglomerates distribute it.

• captain nemo says:

ffordesoon says: 02/09/2012 at 23:58

I think i will put this on a tee-shirt

DavidK says:

I’d like to know how this compares to pre-order sales. What did, say, Witcher 2 pull in during its pre-order period?

Man Raised by Puffins says:

Yowzer.

23. JackDandy says:

I’m loving this. What a great thing in general.

I can’t wait to play it!

24. faelnor says:

I’ll quadruple my pledge if the game includes Securom!

25. Drake Sigar says:

Those who say “that’s money that could have gone to charity” are the same people who break up Internet arguments with “what’s wrong with you? Kids are starving in Africa and you’re arguing about insert subject here?!” Want to talk about DRM? Sorry, kids are starving in Africa. Your favourite movies? You heartless jackass, kids are starving in Africa. Your fight against cancer? Oh get over it, kids are starving in Africa.

• Heliocentric says:

We should cut out that cancer and feed it to the starving children.

• westyfield says:

Quit your whining, don’t you know there are kids starving in Africa?

• celozzip says:

@drake notsureifserious.jpg

• GameCat says:

Who cares for African children? Why doesn’t help poor people in your country first? OH ITS BECAUSE AFRICAN CHILDREN ARE SATRVING.

Stop buying games, AFRICAN CHILDREN ARE STARVING BETTER HELP THEM.
      Don’t eat, AFRICAN CHILDREN ARE STARVING AND YOU’RE EATING THAT PORKCHOP, YOU BASTARD.
      Why you just buyed this new clothes for your son, BETTER SPEND THAT MONEY TO HELP AFRICAN CHILDREN.
      Why you just offered money for african children charity, AFRICAN CHILDREN ARE STARV… oh wait.

PS. I don’t have nothing against african children, but please, stop insulting someone for beign greedy bastard that want spent his OWN money for his pleasure instead of giving it everyone.

26. Tusque D'Ivoire says:

that title picture plays very well with the current kindom of amalamadingdong ad!

Petethegoat says:

This is absurdly delightful.

28. Greg Wild says:

Death of publishing? Definitely not. But it’s definitely an indicator of how the games industry might be diversifying further.

Though I think a lot of that hinges on whether or not the Internet retains a free infrastructure; ACTA/SOPA and their like will go a long way towards propping up older business models at the expense of the more dynamic start-ups and crowd sourced financing.

29. Baines says:

Think of the backlash if people don’t like the final game, though.

And just what might happen when after a year or so, people start complaining and doing online petitions and calling for legal action because the game finished and out already. (Because with that many donations, someone will start complaining if a game isn’t in their hands inside of six months from the time they donated.)

30. alundra says:

Somebody page the GSC guys to do this for Stalker 2, and while you are at it, tell them enter the second decade of the 21st century and self publish to any or all of the major digital e-tailers out there.

On a related note, do I hear a mass of indie bund….I mean, kickstarters coming?

31. thestage says:

corporate donations, fantastic, I love this place, see you all on the other side, etc.

32. Jimbo says:

Two Player Productions have been fired. The documentary is now being made by Pixar and will release in cinemas worldwide.

33. Soon says:

So, a sequel then.

34. Sarlix says:

This makes the tentacle in me happy.

+1 spacecake for the screenshot

35. elnalter says:

Betting 100% of this money is PC gamer money. Schafer, in the slim chance you’re reading this article please at least port your games to PC because we are the illest community.

• InternetBatman says:

On Doublefine’s faq page they have why aren’t your games on PC like three times.

36. ColOfNature says:

SOMETIMES ALL CAPS IS NOT JUST ACCEPTABLE, BUT NECESSARY.

37. Diogo Ribeiro says:

man, i bet it was notch, hahaha

38. Captain Hijinx says:

This is history in the making

Awesome stuff.

F5′ing the whole day

39. outoffeelinsobad says:

Videogames.

Lambchops says:

Hooray!

And wasn’t it entertaining, having a look at the page seeing it go up by at least a thousand dollars every minute or two!

Me I went for the 100 dollar option. Partially because the poster sounded cool, mostly because it’s a Schafer and Gilbert adventure. Who the fuck doesn’t want that?

The fact that people have kept on donating even when the target has been long surpassed, that shows something about the respect these guys command among those of us whose love of gaming was at least in part inspired by playing the games these guys were involved in. Frankly I can’t wait to see what they come up with (I just pray they have the balls to stick largely to their creative vision and not allow it to be diluted by what the people in the discussion forums think they want – and I include myself in this assessment!).

Anyway, it’s crazy, it’s awesome and I’m sure it’s going to be one hell of game. At the very least it has put a smile on my face (and rather amused me that I happened to wear my swanky new Manny Calavera t-shrt today, with no clue that the character’s creator was about to score such a massive coup!).

Bravo, etc!

41. beemunk says:

The people want Point ‘n’ Clicks! Other devs take note.

• Moraven says:

The big publishers with the money do not care about 31k+ people. They want to sell millions, they only want blockbusters and will spend millions trying and failing. Shareholders want the next WoW or CoD.

Jeff Vogel of Spiderworks ‘Avadon’ wrote a great article of being happy with his niche, having fun and still making enough to feed his family.

Publishers push for profits so their shareholders and executives can get their big pay checks. Smaller developers just want to sell enough so they can feed their families at the end of the day, and hopefully profit some to reinvest into future projects.

42. edit says:

Brilliant. I bet most people never thought they’d see a big budget point&click ever again. It’s looking like this is becoming one. I’m certainly glad none of the publishers who have been convinced of the death of adventure games get to put their hands in this pot. This is real supply&demand stuff. Really warms the heart to see such a huge burst of support for these guys, who created most of the defining digital experiences of my childhood.

• ulix says:

To be fair:

Many of the modern German P&C adventures are fairly big budget. In the sense that you couldn’t really make them any better from a technical standpoint, while still retaining the classic P&C formula.

Games like “Book of Unwritten Tales” or the newer Deadalic adventures already have famous voice actors (for their German versions, at least), gorgeously painted/rendered 1080p backgrounds, great animations, etc.

Sure, they only cost one or two million Euros to make, but you really couldn’t spend any more on these games.

• edit says:

True, I had forgotten about the German adventure market, and it reminds me that I’ve been meaning to play some of those games. I even have an unplayed copy of The Whispered World here somewhere..

• ulix says:

Tim even reminds us of the German market in his Kickstarter Youtube video, with one of the greatest quotes I’ve heard in a while:

“…these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost artform, that exists in our dreams, in our memories… and in Germany.”

Lambchops says:

I love that somebody is trying to manufacture some controversy about this!

I mean really, has anyone else spotted anything other than overwherlming good will yet? Nope, thought not.

• InternetBatman says:

Shocker, fake controversy created on a page designed to look like the gawker network.

• Kaira- says:

Well, to be honest, the author isn’t saying people are insane for supporting, he(she?) is questioning those who criticize the whole kickstarter-thing.

44. mangrove says:

Ruddy marvelous!

45. Angel Dust says:

And to think that there are still 32 days to go! Obviously the pledge rate will decrease significantly as time goes on but I suspect there are many still intending to donate. Like myself. I haven’t pledged yet ‘cos I’m broke but next week, by gum, I’m throwing $30 (wish I could go higher) into the pot!

46. Stalinclause says:

The fact that someone gave $10,000 dollars to this project is baffling. Surely they must be not actually going to pay? I can’t imagine, no matter how rich you are, that you could ever justify giving $10,000, as a donation, to people to make a videogame! How is that even possible!?!? And the fact that 10 people gave $5,000, or that 66 people gave $1000!!! There must be something about this website that I don’t understand or something, because there is no emoticon which can express the degree to which my brain is melting.

• TLGAthena says:

Believe. I wouldn’t be surprised if Notch tossed in ten grand just for the *hell of it*.

This is a company that has generated some genuinely wonderful works, and the project they’re aiming to provide will be educational to pretty much anyone with a desire to develop themselves, as much as it’s liable to produce another wonderful, zany piece of videogame entertainment.

This said, what happens if they end up with 30-40 mil, do we get Psychonauts done SR3 style…

Actually watching little kids whacking a brain with a giant purple dildo might not be so excellent…

• Sarlix says:

I guess you missed the part where they get to have lunch with Tim Schafer. Plus all the other cool stuff that comes with giving 10k. Go read the website – http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure

• Ignorant Texan says:

Notch has already confirmed that he donated 10k(he indicates that it would have been more, but claims that’s the maximum allowed by Kickstarter), but that he is not the one who will be having lunch in San Francisco as a reward.

This is what Tim Schafer tweeted in a response to a question as to how much it would take to turn this into crowd-funding Psychonauts 2 -

TimOfLegend Tim Schafer
      @
      @TruVisionary $20MM minus $1MM

• RakeShark says:

I’ve donated $1,000. Call it misplaced zealous affection, but Tim Schafer’s games are a fond memory of my formative years. I hold the man in high regard within the games industry, because he’s one of the very few digital kings of comedy. I don’t believe I OWE him $1,000 for the memories, the games he made, or for him being him, that number’s probably closer to $150 for having to torrent Grim Fandango and a couple other LucasArts adventure games. However, $1,000 is the bet I’d make against all comers that games can be funny, beautiful, and even tangentially educational, and Tim Schafer is a hell of a ringer to back that bet.

I suspect others have different reasons for donating as much as I do. For me though, Tim Schafer and Chris Roberts are they only people I’d consider giving a stupid amount of money to help them achieve something at the level of quality they are very much capable of.

ffordesoon says:

@OP:

Clearly, people are better than you think they are.

47. Rattlepiece says:

Tears of joy. But only a few. Very few. Ah, so much love.

48. Vinraith says:

If only project I cared about could get that kind of funding. Still, good for them, I hope everyone gets the game they’re hoping for.

• Sarlix says:

I look at this as being positive for PC gaming as a whole, not just for this game. Well hopefully anyway :-)

49. Jerakal says:

Just when I had about lost faith in the internet as a hive of scum and villainy, you guys go and surprise me again.

50. InternetBatman says:

It would be nice that if they get way, way, overfunded if they could use it to build up a bit of nest egg. Maybe fund another microproject. I’d like to see them have greater independence in the future.