Beta Unblocked: Blacklight: Retribution’s Open Beta

By Craig Pearson on February 14th, 2012 at 9:48 am.

Robocock.
Another game that’s gone through the retail meat grinder and come out as a tasty free-to-play sausage is Blacklight: Retribution. I’ve heard good things about Zombie Studio’s multiplayer FPS, but I’ve been kept from the abattoir by a big sign that said “Closed: BETA!”. Aside from the questionable typography, it kept me at arm’s length. Well now we get to see how the gaming sausage is made as Blacklight: Retribution is going “Open: BETA!” on February the 27th. Let’s have a peek at how the game’s looking, via the magic of Flash-based video.

This is how you capture a hardsuit, which you’ll be able to freely do at the end of the month. Now if you’ll excuse me, I just talked myself into a breakfast of free-to-play sausages.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Anthile says:

Hm, trailer reminds me of the FEAR series. Also, I had scrambled eggs with mushrooms on toast for breakfast. It was delicious.

2. Prime says:

[reads image alt-text]

Never mind his kneepads, that’s some mightily impressive robo-junk on display there! Look how it catches the light…

3. tomeoftom says:

Looks like NeoTokyo with no taste. :( man, I miss that mod.

4. pmh says:

I still have 2 closed beta keys from the IGN Prime promo if anyone wants to play before it goes open. Just shoot me a PM in the forums and I’ll send them over later in the day. If more than 2 people PM me, I’ll pick 2 at random.

5. Dezztroy says:

Been in the closed beta for a while. It’s an alright game I suppose. The fact there are only NA servers severely hinders my enjoyment though.

6. MonkeyMonster says:

entertaining… burn them out then steal :D mwahahahahahaha.

Mmmm sausages.

7. Suits says:

Punkbuster breaks the game for over half of the people wanting to try the game -_-

8. Lemming says:

Lemming’s thought process:

1. “I’ve never heard of this”

2. “Oooh look at that screen shot! modern Heavy Gear type game!”

3. “Oh wait, no it isn’t”.

4. :(

9. misterT0AST says:

awww… For a minute there I thought this would be a new Exteel. I miss that game.

10. Shortwave says:

I tried really hard to dig the beta, but I wasn’t feeling it.
    But that was WAAAAAY long ago so I’m gunna’ jump in again tomorrow and see what’s up.
    >.<

11. Lev Astov says:

Thanks a lot, RPS, now Google and Youtube in particular won’t stop advertising breakfast sausages at me. This is making me hungry.

Comment on this story