Imaginary End: Forget Me Not Annie

By Adam Smith on February 14th, 2012 at 3:40 pm.

A necessary bear

Happy Romantic Obligation Day! What a great feeling to wake up knowing that if I don’t behave in an out of the ordinary fashion, I won’t care for that special someone as much as I appeared to yesterday. To put everyone in the mood, here’s Forget Me Not Annie, a game in which a young girl hallucinates horribly, clutches to an imaginary friend for dear life and is the victim of assaults by the cracked porcelain dolls of a thousand nightmares. It’s free, built in the Unreal engine and has a teleportation device in the form of a sinister, mumbling teddy bear. What’s not to love? Apart from Enforced Affection day, of course. That’s not to love at all. Trailer below.

Crikey! It’s quite an impressive looking project.

Next Halloween maybe I’ll find a game about the old man who sat on the expensive bouquet of flowers I’d bought when they were clearly right there to see on the bus seat next to me and then just sat there for the rest of the journey without reacting as they crinkled and wilted beneath his softly parping arse.

Seen at Indiegames.com.

, , , .

1. jonfitt says:

Aaaaargh!
    I don’t know what’s creepier, the bear or the doll.
    It’s the doll, but the bear is still creepy.

Bluerps says:

Why, thank you. That woke me up.

… though now I’ll have that feeling for awhile were I’m slightly afraid to look away from the monitor, because I’m not entirely sure if there isn’t some kind of nightmare creature standing right next to me, just outside my vision.

If you meet that old man again, you should show him this trailer.

3. diebroken says:

So Howard the bear is both a portal and a weighted companion cube(tm) in one? Intriguing…

4. Gnoupi says:

I heard of another Annie walking around with her creepy big bear.
    But usually it was others who were running away scared to death.

Out of topic aside, this game seems quite creepy and interesting, but probably too much on the scary side for me.

5. magnus says:

Unfortunately I can’t play this as Windows 7 has just ‘helpfully’ informed me that ‘This program was reported as unsafe’.

• HothMonster says:

From the look of that video, it may be right.

• Tei says:

I recommend you Windows 3.1. Is a militarized OS, every time a program try something naughty, General Faul stop him. You can also invoque the Control Commander any time to kill and rogue application.

6. menderslan says:

Just played through this, it’s really quite good. Very atmospheric, and there are a few pretty good mechanics on display. I’m looking forward to a full release.

7. googoogjoob says:

>no game settings beyond switching between xbox and pc control schemes
    >runs in one resolution in a window

help what is going on

8. Bhazor says:

Ha! Today cocks squirt only from obligation!

9. lynn_kraken says:

I just love creepy teddy bears and twisted kid minds. Though it may not have put me in the adequate mood for my-love-doesn’t-come-cheap night.
    AND you can unlock achievements by dying, which I excel at!

10. terry says:

It crashed on loading three times, there was no mouse pointer on the main menu (which has unhelpful options like “Sequence” and “Alterations”), there’s no graphics settings so I was stuck with a resolution that my monitor couldn’t display in fullscreen or playing in a tiny window, super laggy and smothered in film grain, and early on where you’re supposed to swap places with the bear the F key malfunctioned and I couldn’t get any further. I’d say it needs a bit of work.

11. BrokenLady says:

(operative system version) Versión del sistema operativo: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    (regional ID config.) Id. de configuración regional: 10250
    (aditional info) Información adicional 1: 6723
    Información adicional 2: bfb9dc8d890af4e349f892e2d1967372
    Información adicional 3: 668d
    Información adicional 4: c1dcde15ff034fbb0ac27c38d18e6e88

Ok so…my english is not that good but….SOME1 HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just starts loading and then CRASH. T-T