Far Cry 3 Trailer Leaks, Release Date: Sept 6th

By Craig Pearson on February 15th, 2012 at 12:24 pm.

He's pointing where you should click.
This feels dirty: the Far Cry 3 trailer has leaked a day early, a CGI introduction to the lead character’s holiday going stinky. I have just watched it and can confirm there’s bad language, a boat, guns, and a man not shooting someone when he really, really should have. It also confirms the release date as September 6th, and has dubstep. If you want to watch it, the link’s there, although there’s every chance it’ll be pulled by legal ninjas. In that case, there’s a teaser trailer below.

I’d have shot him.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. kregg says:

I watched a black screen, 2 seconds of action, and then suddenly dubstep out of nowhere.

• battles_atlas says:

That wub really tied the thing together

• Hoaxfish says:

After literally days of work putting together the most amazing trailer ever, Dave the audio technician accidentally wiped it all just hours before it was ready for release.

Thinking quickly, he used some random swearing his brother had left on the answer machine, one of the off-cuts of video he found in the computer’s trashbin, and an unfinished piece of dubstep he had been working on between cups of tea during lunch.

Dave hoped nobody would notice.

• Heavenfall says:

Although Dave was consequently fired, the trailer went on to win numerous awards for its “minimalist” and “counter-culture” approach. Little did its viewers know it at the time, but the trailer was later considered the herald of a “paradigm shift” in trailer-making, and would be remembered long after the game was forgotten.

Dave killed himself two weeks after the trailer was released, as it is the curse of all great men never to see their life’s work recognized by their contemporaries.

• coldvvvave says:

> black screen, 2 seconds of action, and then suddenly dubstep out of nowhere.

Best trailer ever.

• Sic says:

I say this is the work of Mr. Tosser.

2. Derppy says:

From the trailers I somehow get the idea, that this game contains swearing.

Also, that dubstep was pretty random.

• Baka says:

I didn’t read the text beforehand and had to start laughing like a maniac when the drop came. Hoo boy.

• Eamo says:

The embedded is not the trailer but the trailer for the trailer, the true trailer is in the link but has already been pulled from youtube.

Also a trailer for the trailer … what is the world coming to.

3. DanPryce says:

Ubisoft Exec: What do our target audience like?
    Ubisoft Underling: bad language, violence and dubstep.
    Ubisoft Exec: Find a few seconds of each, put them together one after another, whack a release date on the end and tease the hell out of it. Bish Bash Bosh. What are you doing for Lunch?
    Ubisoft Underling: Weeping, sir.

4. The Least Fun Human Being On Earth says:

I love, love, love that song, but Ubisoft really are sticking it where it doesn’t belong.

5. c-Row says:

Dubstep is the bullet time of music.

6. Text_Fish says:

I wonder how much they could have improved it in a day. A lot, probably. I’m hoping the official release feels less botched.

7. AndrewC says:

Far Cry 2! Far Cry 2!

8. Tams80 says:

And… it’s down. That was quick!

9. Seniath says:

Suddenly, dubstep! Thousands of them.

10. Phinor says:

September 6th makes no sense because it’s a Thursday.

11. stupid_mcgee says:

Ah, dubstep. The slow man’s jungle. Long live DnB!

12. origo says:

Right, how about posting the link to that leaked trailer? Here’ss it, some guys linked it.
    Link is down now, but you still can find it, internet is wast.

About that leaked trailer – if that’s the quality of the upcoming game graphics, its really impressive. People somehow manage to look even more alive than in other games.

13. puppybeard says:

Speaking as someone who really likes Far Cry 2, if they want me to play this game, the trailer should be 16 seconds shorter.

Also, I’d like to be the first the first to say that the music either is or isn’t dubstep and I either do or don’t care.

14. Dhatz says:

may a hanar rape me, how the feeyuck is this not out yet?

15. kurtcocaine says:

Gotta love the Russians..

here’s the full trailer.

heh even says PEGI 18 in russian.. atleast the 18 part..

16. cluster says:

Leaked really ? sounds like viral advertising to me.

17. DeanLearner says:

Leak of the music from the first level, I promise, I really promise.

Listen to the whole thing.

18. db1331 says:

I appreciate the dubstep warning. Watching on mute.

19. Ross Angus says:

Staring eyes tag? Or are the eyes too small in the frame?

20. PC-GAMER-4LIFE says:

After buying Far Cry2 this would have to be pretty special for me to buy another title without Crytek involvement & it will use Uplay DRM .

21. 2PartReturn says:

Is Far Cry a continuous story, or is it just a shared name? I didn’t ever bother finishing the second one, it seemed like a totally different gameplay style.
    As for the obligatory comment on this soundtrack, it was pretty awful.

• mbr says:

Yes the first and the second one have no connection at all. With Far Cry 2 Clint Hocking and his team wanted to make a game but they needed a way to sell it and so because Ubisoft owned the Far Cry name they choose that. That’s the only reason it’s called that and so it seems with this game aswell, maybe to a lesser extent.

• puppybeard says:

If you play to the end of Far Cry 2, it turns out the Jackal is a super-powered mutant bullet-sponge, who you have to shoot 18,000 times.

22. GallonOfAlan says:

Dubstep? Sounds like someone building a fucking shed.

23. Anthile says:

I just hope the people who actually make the game have nothing to do with the people who made this trailer.
    In other words: press X to drop bass.

• Skeletor68 says:

I would play this game… Is Dance eJay still going? Lol, I remember making some kind of horrifically lame dance ‘choon’ on the demo about 12 years ago.

24. buzzmong says:

Dubstep

25. mbr says:

I really hope the dubstep was just placeholder. I mean wtf… Having dubstep in a Far Cry trailer is like having dubstep in a Syndicate traile- Oh wait.

26. iaguz says:

Why not just post the fucking trailer? Goddamn I hate ‘Announcement of an announcement of an announcement’, especially when trailers tell us absolutely nothing about the game other then:
    1) It has guns
    2) it has environments
    3) it gets released at about this point. Maybe.

27. FuzzyPuffin says:

Here’s the actual trailer: http://vd.reborn.ru/?a=watch&id=86350

Looks good up until the action and bad music starts.

28. Tams80 says:

I don’t understand how people can listen to dubstep on it’s own and even in the teaser it seems bad, but with some action I do sort of like it (see full trailer). Then again I don’t understand how people like dance music outside of clubs.

29. impish says:

They seem to have forgotten to show the main character slow walking to the dubstep.

30. povu says:

Ah, one of them teaser for a teaser for a game things.

31. Brun says:

What you meant to say, clearly, was:

Release Date: Sept. 6th.
    Release Date for Ubi’s second-class customers (PC): Sept. 6th + 1 month.

32. Ridnarhtim says:

I missed it :(

33. Icarus says:

A trailer trailing a trailer…

Down with this sort of thi– WE NEED TO GO DEEPER *horn*

34. Messiah Complex says:

I liked the trailer. But then, I liked the trailer for Dead Island even more.

35. briandb82 says:

Far Cry is one of the amazing games ever. This is what i have to say. I found ur website via http://de.napshare.com – the Social Bookmark & News Page!

Comment on this story