Good Snooze, Everyone! Here’s An Alan Wake PC Trailer

By Craig Pearson on February 15th, 2012 at 10:46 am.

He's not in his pants or covered in crumbs. Fail writer!
Remedy’s sleepy writer sim Alan Wake is out on Steam in a day and a bit, after the lengthiest beta test we’ve ever experienced. As far as I can tell, it’s a perfectly accurate recreation of the life of a writer: just this morning, my breakfast was interrupted when I realised I had been sitting on my foot and that foot was now asleep possessed by a demon intent on enslaving the world to do its bidding. What does it want? It wants YOU to watch the launch trailer they’ve just released, or it’ll smite you with corns. I’ve embedded it below, to save your soles.

Anyone picking this up? I am looking forward to it, but I do wish there was an Alan Wake Typing of the Dead style game as well.

It’s out Feb 16th, fact fans.

Via GameRanx.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Carolina says:

I enjoyed it very much on the 360 and I am definitely picking this up on Steam, because I didn’t get to play the two extra episodes back then.

• pants says:

Oh dang, hadn’t even thought of that! Absolutely loved this on 360, never played the episodes though, I refuse to buy things over xbox live. Can’t wait to give it a replay on PC.

Wait, it’s out tomorrow? What?

• Electricleash says:

Would certainly have bought it at the time, however following their pointing out that it will NEVER come out on PC, I decided to watch the whole thing through on youtube…

• djbriandamage says:

The PC version also has mouse and keyboard support as well as adjustable FOV. For a game that’s *never* coming out for PC they sure know what PC gamers love. I just hope we’re not expected to pay $50 or $60 for this already ageing game.

• wazups2x says:

@djbriandamage

It was already priced awhile ago.

It’s only $29.99 USD

2. sneetch says:

Odd, no price on Steam, no pre-order nothing like that it’s as if we… we’re still asleep aren’t we!

*Screaming ghost flying straight at your head!*

Oh my! At least we’re awake now! Or are we…

3. Stevostin says:

I’ve already seen this years ago, I think? Maybe not, but it certainly isn’t hugely impressive to me.

4. hosndosn says:

So disappointed this turned out to be Max Payne with a flashlight. The early previews (before they ditched the PC version) showed a pretty amazing open world/exploration concept.

• Moni says:

Max Payne with shooting, and guns.

• Milos says:

Guns, but they shoot bullets.

• DocSeuss says:

They’d changed the open world nature of the game fairly early on. All we ever saw of the thing was a tech demo (there was no exploration concept, and the proper game actually facilitates some exploration)–which, by the way, the game still uses, as it has some of the largest, most detailed maps ever seen in a linear game. I’ve been lost on a couple of them because they’re so huge. Then you’ve got stuff like the lodge level, which does not suffer any noticeable drops in quality all the way across the lake and into the mountains.

The reason for the change is basically all story. A lot of the levels were paced in a linear fashion. Even levels that never made it into the game, like the burning sawmill, seemed to be planned linearly.

As it is, Max Payne with flashlights is fucking awesome. When isn’t Max Payne awesome, after all?

• DrGonzo says:

When he’s Mark Wahlberg.

5. The First Door says:

While you wait, you can always watch the live action prequel, Bright Falls:

Couldn’t find a version without all those annotations, sadly. Anyway, I quite enjoyed it when it was released on Xbox… even if it is a bit cyclical to have a TV mini-series based on a game base on Twin Peeks.

Revisor says:

Thanks for the link. Also you can disable the annotations by clicking the bubble icon next to the quality icon. (A fact I also didn’t know until a few weeks ago when someone showed it to me. :) )

• The First Door says:

You’re welcome! I think it’s surprisingly good for what it is, and it links into the game pretty well too.
      By the way, you’ve just made my day telling me about that button, a hug is totally in the post.

• exenter says:

You don’t know how to disable annotations? oh, wow

• The First Door says:

Mainly because I just don’t watch videos with annotations as they are almost always pointless and the button doesn’t appear when there aren’t any!

6. xfxian says:

This game has such a great soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk

Really looking forward to finally play it.

7. Khemm says:

I think I’ll get it, despite the mixed reviews – but preferably the boxed version if I can get it somewhere. Shame about the forced installation through Steam, but I’ll stomach is somehow.

Craig Pearson says:

No love for the “soles” pun?

9. PC-GAMER-4LIFE says:

Uses Steamworks on PC for all versions. Lets hope Steam pricing is not messed up $=£ like it usually is!! Retail SE is only £30.83 Steam need to sell this for around £20 otherwise I will wait until 2nd March for retail which registers on Steam anyway.

10. Igor Hardy says:

“Bright Balls” – a kind of unexpected name for a town in a horror game.