Fancier Pigeons: Hatoful Boyfriend Has Flown The Coop

By Craig Pearson on February 15th, 2012 at 1:58 pm.

dot dot dotThis could only be better if it was a secret game from Valve and Bioware, but there’s very little proof that either of them have anything to do with Hatoful Boyfriend, a game about the complex relationships of pigeons in a boarding school. Haughty doves sneer at lowly sky-rats at St. Pigeonation Institute in this Japanese interactive novel. About pigeons. You might have tried the demo that Alec gesticulated towards a few months ago, but now the the full, official English translation is out, for $5.35.

Here’s rubbish English translation that we fell in dove with a few months ago. Doo you dare?

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Zepp says:

I prefer dating crippled girls. Too bad it makes me mentally crushed . :( Happy single day btw.

2. Meat Circus says:

I don’t think I could coop with too many pigeon puns.

3. InternetBatman says:

I hope there’s a pigeon named noodle. It’s the perfect pigeon name. All pigeon names should have a oo in them so they can say their own name.

4. Sarlix says:

Anyone of similar age remember watching Pigeon Street?

5. Apples says:

Did anyone else read the LP that got posted in the last comments section about this game? It’s so much weirder than you would expect even given the premise. Kind of a shame that it didn’t get as much attention as Katawa Shoujo (although there is some weird fanart out there) but then, the subject matter isn’t as controversial.

6. Jupiah says:

I least it doesn’t have any creepy, awkward sex scenes…

… please tell me it doesn’t have any sex scenes.

• Apples says:

(SPOILERS)
      I didn’t see any sex scenes but there are a lot of scenes where you get murdered. By birds. You decide if that’s better or worse!

7. Synesthesia says:

*inevitable co-op pun here.*

8. McCool says:

About bloody time this appeared on RPS. Unless its already been on. In which case, about bloody time this appeared on RPS again!

JOURNALISM

9. Melf_Himself says:

I finished reading all my unread RPS posts yesterday. Today, around 15 hours later, I find 14 unread posts in my RPS feed.

Do we really need to hear about every single game that gets released? Pigeons for crying out loud. Stop filling up my inbox RPS, you’re not Kotaku, and that’s why I stay subscribed to you :(

Comment on this story