Reminder: Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign Up Ends 6pm GMT

By Jim Rossignol on February 24th, 2012 at 1:51 pm.

Just a quick reminder, since you probably want to get on there as much as we will be on there. Does that make sense? No. But anyway: sign up for peace of mind, and also access to an MMO before it is finished. The link.

, , .

1. Domothy says:

Do it! Do it now!

• Orija says:

Actually, don’t do it so that my own chances are a bit better. You wouldn’t want to play a beta anyway, that’s just too mainstream now, you know.

• Gnoupi says:

Press the button!

2. jjujubird says:

*crossing fingers to get in*

I never get into betas :(

3. Revolving Ocelot says:

The last beta I got invited to was for Starcraft 2. I’d never played the original. It was… awkward trying to give proper feedback, considering my games consisted of “get roflstomped by players who played SC1 for 8 years”.

I haven’t played Guild Wars 1 either. Wahey!

• Gnoupi says:

Hopefully, not at all the same thing here, in my opinion. With all what they are changing anyway, having played GW1 doesn’t really give you a lot to start in GW2.

• St4ud3 says:

What would stop you from just installing it on your desktop?

4. povu says:

Shhh you’re ruining my chances!

Oh who am I kidding.

5. jimmm25 says:

Ha! Look at you all trying to sign up with your gaming PCs. It looks like being a student with just a cheap laptop is finally going to be useful for gaming, as they would probably want the game to run on the latest integrated chipsets. Though I’ll probably end up getting in when I’m back at home, and have to play the game on a laptop while my PC just sits there, idle.

• Gnoupi says:

Or you can also register with both computers, and two emails.

• jjujubird says:

my “gaming pc” is pretty middle-of-the-line, kind of old.. so I’m hoping that helps my chances.

6. SquareWheel says:

Already did it, but I realized afterwards I’d probably have to sign an NDA which is a no-go for me.

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

That seems unlikely.

• Revolving Ocelot says:

From the FAQ (http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/), which contains a link to the current signups, so it’s definitely up-to-date:

Do I need to sign an NDA to participate in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event?

Yes. All participants are required to sign an NDA. All content in the Guild Wars 2 Beta Events is confidential. If you are participating in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event, you should also not disclose that you are a participant.

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

My bad. It literally says that when you try to sign up.

Still, why is an NDA a no-go for you?

• Gnoupi says:

By the way, from this NDA, you can’t even say publicly if you are taken into the beta.

7. Dominic White says:

From assorted developer rumblings I’ve heard on forums where Arenanet folks post, a large part of what they want to do with the upcoming public closed beta is stress-test the World Vs World PvP. It’s meant to support battles (albeit spread over four maps) of 1200+ players at once. Naturally, they probably want to make sure their server architecture is up to the job. That’s a very big job.

• Gnoupi says:

Anyway, with this kind of betas from a big company, it’s usually two tests:

- the volume test (as described): “let’s see if our servers won’t explode on release day”
      - the system configuration test: “let’s see if it runs on the widest range of system configurations possible to make sure we don’t have a wide forum rage” (from ATI users) (just an example) (not that ATI users are used to have a game not work) (not at all)

For the second one, the more exotic your rig is, the more likely you are to be chosen, I guess.

• Maxheadroom says:

Balls, kinda regret ticking ‘primarily PvE’ on my app now

FriendlyFire says:

If exotic is what they want, then I have some chances. Many games seem to dislike my computer…

matte_k says:

Wanted to sign up for this, but as my PC is FUBAR due to an exploding PSU (i’m using my girlfriend’s laptop to access t’interwebs), i can’t get in- the autodiagnostic tool is eading the laptop specs, which are unbelievably slow :(

9. Reapy says:

Whoops, forgot to do this 2 days in a row, now at work and won’t be home to run their profiler in time, fail!

• cyrenic says:

I think they said they’d run more than one signup period, so you should have a chance at a later date to sign up.

10. Maxheadroom says:

I wish you’d stop reminding people about this. More people sign up = less chance of them picking me!

11. Spacecraft says:

I’ve been beaming “I must have this beta” signals in ArenaNet’s general direction (I live very close to them). Here’s hoping it worked.

12. GrandmaFunk says:

well, they just tweeted that they’re rounding the million beta sign-ups mark.