Fall In: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Is Live

By Adam Smith on March 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm.

You’ve read the interview (right?), some of you have even tried to throw money at the screen, and now the screen will actually accept your money if this is something you’d like to support. The Kickstarter page for Wasteland 2 is now live and is currently receiving about $1,000 per sentence I write, which means I should stop writing sentences and just paste in the link. The page has details of the incentives, quotes one of our readers, and also contains an informative and rather amusing video that explains why Fargo wants to make the game, and also recreates the difficulties he’s had convincing publishers that the world wants a Wasteland sequel. “There was a Fallout 1 and 2?”

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Lokik says:

Now someone just needs to tell Toys for Bob to do the Kickstarter thingy as well, so that we can finally have Star Control 3 (yes, such a game doesn’t exist).

• InternetBatman says:

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from them already. They have wanted to do it so long that now would be the perfect opportunity. Also, since they could keep it 2D the price would probably be pretty low.

2. eclipse mattaru says:

I’m gonna ask you to pretty please stop referring to our good chum Brian here as “Fargo”, because every time you do that the first thing that pops in my head is that retard from GameSpy; and I *really* would want to not approach this oh-so-promising project with such abject imagery lingering in the back of my mind.

3. Zylinski says:

Pledged $265! I deeply respect Brian Fargo and Mark Morgan, Fallout 1 & 2 are my absolute favourite games. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

400k and counting!

4. Angel Dust says:

Pledged $30 and I might up that in the coming weeks. My wife is super keen for this too. She loves turn-based RPGs and not because of tactical depth or anything like that, but simply due to the fact that the action orientated RPGs of today are too hard (twitch skills) for her to play.

What I really wanna know is how much did Wizardry pledge? :p

• Havok9120 says:

I automatically assumed he was one of the 10K guys, or at least the 5K. I mean….I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him defending an RPG before.

• Wizardry says:

My finances are my own concern.

*casts invisibility on the treasure he has accumulated over his 30 years of raiding dungeons*

5. Jae Armstrong says:

A little under 11 hours and halfway there.

VICTORY!

• LionsPhil says:

Well, it’ll probably slow down after the initial surge of fans, even allowing for people having the chance to hear about/get around to it.

But yeah, woo. That number went up fast.

6. Havok9120 says:

Halfway baby.

I demand an update from you Limey webmonkeys.

7. Brothabear says:

lol fuck that. I rather Invest in games like grimlands or ravaged, stuff I know will be fun the moment its relased. Top-down turn based. It had its hayday but with the money I put into my Rig, Im not really looking for games that dont take advantage of it.

8. Huygens says:

Well, by the end of day 1, the situation was as follows:

580,106 dollars pledged, from 10,134 backers, which means the project is already funded up to 64% of the original target.

Things are looking good, I’d say.

9. Jackablade says:

9 hours, but their goal was less than half the size. Fargo’s fund isn’t quite as quick as the unstoppable Schafer gravy train, but they’re not far behind.