Behold! May 15th Is Diablo III Day

By Jim Rossignol on March 15th, 2012 at 1:12 pm.

May 15th 2012 is the release date for Diablo III. Blizzard said this: “Starting that day, gamers with a thirst for fast-paced action and adventure will be able to purchase Diablo III at retailers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. In addition, gamers in the regions above as well as in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil will be able to buy Diablo III digitally via Blizzard’s Battle.net® website.” The Russian version of the game is delayed until June 7th, that’s for digital and retail.

So that is who can buy Diablo III on 15th of May. Are YOU going to buy it on release? Or not? Speak!

__________________

« | »

, .

1. killmachine says:

no, i won’t buy at launch. probably don’t buy at all, i’ll see. too expensive, too streamlined and dumbed down. i didn’t see anything that got me super excited about the game.

i’m more looking forward to torchlight 2.

2. Squirrelfanatic says:

Hey, May 15th is my birthday. :) Looking forward to that date.

Edit: Won’t buy the game though. But there will be cake!

• DrZhark says:

@Squirrelfanatic
      you’re a gamer. you should know. The cake is a lie

3. Jad says:

Always-on DRM was not acceptable when Ubisoft did it, still not acceptable when Blizzard does it.

• Thants says:

Agreed. It’s kind of sad how much blatant abuse gamers will accept. I’m going to support companies that don’t treat me like their enemy.

• derbefrier says:

Funny when I was playing the beta I didn’t feel abused at all and while I agree always online is not needed for all games it most deffinately is for diablo unless you like bot spam, cheaters and and having a horrible online expieriance.

• jrodman says:

But if you want an offline experience, it’s a complete failure.

• alinos says:

Except that always online isn’t going to stop horrible Bot Spam otherwise every MMO known to man would be Bot Spam Free.

And it remains to be seen if things will be hacked.

As for Terrible Online Experience, It’s A) based partly on the two things above. B) If you have shitty internet you going to have a Terrible Game Experience because offline isn’t an option

I know people who live probably 10km further out from civilization than me. And their internet is useless for gaming of any kind because it drops at least once a minute which isn’t a problem for internet usage since the net just resumes.

Timing out or having massive lag spikes is not useful in games though

• Screamer says:

Exactly, why the exception, because its Blizzard? pfffft! No offline, no sale. They designed the game around an auction house anyway….

• RegisteredUser says:

+1 to OP

4. Arglebargle says:

I don’t like most Blizzard games (which has saved me loads of cash), but I am considering getting the new Diablo as a work at home job…..

5. Suits says:

maybe when it’s done

6. lociash says:

This concept of always on DRM doesn’t jive well my shoddy Australian internet.

• Svant says:

Especially not when you consider that you need a connection decent enough to handle actually playing online not just verifying your cdkey constantly.

7. SketchyGalore says:

5 days after my birthday, sweet! <:D

8. RegisteredUser says:

Anyone supporting this game is a shortsighted addict, who willingly surrenders his freedoms to serve under the DRM pay-for-items whip of Blizzard.

This game should be boycotted, not hyped and teased.

I just bought the St. Patrick’s Day Indie Royale bundle(includes Hard Reset and Jolly Rover, a walking-talking dog themed parody adventure), my 5th purchase of their line. THEY offer fun/good gaming for an affordable price without DRM.

Meanwhile anyone buying Diablo 3 is saying to the world: I love to financially support companies who restrict access to how and when I can play my games.

For once I wish the zomg-must-has-nao addicted gaming crowd would make the right call and say “The buck stops here”.

• Olddan says:

Except most of us couldn’t care less. My internet connection is perfectly fine and I’m actually looking forward to making money selling the odd rare drop on the RMAH.