Paradox Party: Four Games Streamed Tonight

By Craig Pearson on March 28th, 2012 at 5:15 pm.

Better than Eastenders
Paradox Interactive are getting a taste for the limelight. Mmm, citrussy. Tonight at 8PM CEST, which my brain refuses to accept is 7pm UK time, they’ll be showing off four of their upcoming games on their Twitch TV channel. There’s something for everyone, as long as you like 2D shooters, dwarf-based strategy, co-op action adventures , or competitive RTS. Do you like those? I’m interested in The Showdown Effect, personally. He’s dreamy.

Each game will have a trailer, a live demonstration and a live Q and A with the developers, so even if you’re not wholly fascinated at the games, there’s plenty of potential for disaster: what if during a live demo one of the developers accidentally clicks the wrong exe and we’re treated to the first public viewing of Half-Life 2: Episode 3? There’s a small, tiny, miniscule chance it might possibly happen. You can’t say it won’t, because the future is a blank canvas of possibilities.

Here’s one they did with Crusader Kings II.

Watch live video from Paradox Interactive – Paradox Plaza on TwitchTV

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. mentor07825 says:

Boo…I’ll be missing out on all these because I’ll be stuck in college doing work :( I hope they upload everything to YouTube or something.

2. Torgen says:

So, 2pm Eastern Colonial Daylight Savings Time? (It’s 12:38pm EDT as I type this)

3. Miltrivd says:

How the hell can they do 4 games, show them at the same time, prolly be released in close succession and the 4 look like so much fun? There must be some kind of law against it, I’m sure…

• Javier-de-Ass says:

Because they’re a publisher, and these games are all by separate studios none of which is their internal one. They’ll also be released super buggy and hardly working. That’s how they can do it. Amazing achievement.

4. c-Row says:

I guess Cartel will be none of them?

5. Torgen says:

Well, that was more info and some live footage of A Game of Dwarves that has me interested. Room construction feels a lot like Dungeon Keeper, but you can delve down 50 levels, and there’s FUN at the bottom it seems. Hoping it’s more detailed than DK.

• Phantoon says:

There’s Fun? Oh boy! I love Fun. Especially since after a while of building traps you’d eventually make a few impenetrable entrances and the game would just stagnate.

6. Squire says:

Liking the game designers chat but not this other guy on the right, styling himself after Tony Montana I assume, he seems like a bit of a twunt.

7. Miltrivd says:

Lovely stereotyping, ignorant comments about Brazilian gaming development. Way to ruin an otherwise good stream with nonsense based on ignorance.

8. Splotch says: