A Game Of Thrones RPG Trailer Is Bloody Murder

By Jim Rossignol on March 29th, 2012 at 8:32 am.

Er, hello.
Gosh, things are getting fraught in A Game Of Thrones RPG trailer-land. Dudes are getting stabbed and bashed with big metal clubs. Men and women alike are making accusations and sounding cross. There’s even something about cockroaches, so it sounds like they need to get the fumigators in to that castle. Yeah, I have no idea what’s going on, frankly, but it sounds exciting. Join in with vociferations below!

“No YOU made me the drink the black.”

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. mckertis says:

Atlus ? What ?

2. Spider Jerusalem says:

and in the game?

3. capeutaine says:

Why so many graphical glitches in a trailer ?

4. wodin says:

Best trailer so far, know what i found a refreshing change? English actors in a RPGFantasy setting, hurray. That alone has me interested.

Always feels very wrong when a fantasy game has North American accents, seems odd for some reason.

• Tom OBedlam says:

Which is odd isn’t it? I have the same prejudice, but it doesn’t really make a great deal of sense, as even in medieval England they didn’t have what we would think of as English accents.
      I find the most grating accenting to be stuff like the witcher 2 where everyone but and his bird is British.

• wodin says:

Funny in Sci Fi I expect an American accent on the whole and have no problem with it.Odd.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Lexx a European production, yet they stocked the show with a bunch of American actors and one hot Euro chick? That seems very odd to me. At least Red Dwarf was authentic.

• Influenza says:

It was partly funded by Channel 5, I think, but Lexx was actually Canadian. Thus the north american accents. It was shot in Halifax, but probably not the Halifax you’re thinking of; Halifax, Nova Scotia. I know this because I was also filmed in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Er… Born. Born there.

• Martel says:

Funny, I have the same thought….Fantasy = British accents. And I’m an American.

5. Taerdin says:

Please be good please be good please be good please be good

6. neils says:

Brother Bowlcut, Screamy McOnfire? I’m sold. Though the spoilericious 8-bit version looked promising: http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6579356/game-of-thrones-rpg

7. SkittleDiddler says:

Cyanide, eh? I’d be interested in this game otherwise.

Seriously, screw Cyanide for the crap they have been pulling with Blood Bowl. Concurrently selling multiple release builds of the game while cockblocking owners from competitive play against those who own a different version; bollocks to them, as you British say.

I wonder what they have planned for AGoTRPG – exclusionary retail copies for each of the six Stark children perhaps?

8. Jimbo says:

Voice acting!

9. smeaa mario says:

atlus, focus and cyanide coming together… this just has to be something good. let us play the wait and see game until then.

10. Ett_1762 says:

why are the graphics so bad?

Other than that, seems awfully generic. If there will be a demo I might base my judgment on that.

11. Stevostin says:

This looks WAY uglyer than the released screenshots.

12. Askeladd says:

Who are those people?

13. frenz0rz says:

Bloody cockroaches!

14. Carra says:

They missed their pun chance at the start. “Once you go black, you never go back”.

15. gritz says:

Oh man those shoulder pads…

16. kud13 says:

That is just confusing.

also, no offence to the Brits on the board, but I find constant British accents in fantasy jarring.

Especially after I was spoiled by the Russian voiceovers for the Witcher, with TV actors doing the voice work.

• misterT0AST says:

I actually hate translated voiceover in my language.
      In Italy we have very good voice actors, but all immersion goes down the tube once you figure out the same guy who dubs Commander Shepard AND Arthas Menethil does the voice for Spongebob Squarepants.

17. Werthead says:

The voice acting was terrible (apart from James Cosmo reprising his role from the TV show, and even he sounded bored) and the writing was pretty appalling.

I was hoping this was going to be good, and the combat at least sounded interesting. But it doesn’t seem very true to the books either. Red Priests don’t go “RARGH!” and burst into flames to trigger some kind of superpower. If your Red Priest character can do things Melisandre and Thoros can’t in the books, it’s going to be rather jarring for book fans. And non-book fans probably won’t get past the mediocre graphics and bad writing.

I’m going to be interviewing George R.R. Martin in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about raising the question of the computer adaptations not being very good, but I don’t think there’s a polite way of doing it.

18. daggerbite says:

I’m not sure what I just watched. I’m semi-interested in this… but what did I just watch….

Comment on this story