Battlefield 3 Patch Contains Tweaks, Adds Shortcuts

By Adam Smith on March 29th, 2012 at 2:30 pm.

The Battlefield 3 patch rolls out today, bringing some excellent tweaks as well as adding “shortcut items” that allow players to buy items rather than putting in the hours to unlock them – “If you’re new to the game, this is the perfect way to gain some ground on the veterans online.” Or maybe you’re just a lazy man-/vehicle-shooter with money to burn? If so, these are the items for you, with an ultimate bundle that unlocks everything and smaller collections available. Some people are predictably furious, whether due to price or due to the fact that newcomers can jump to the top of the tree straight away. Personally, as I gibbered about earlier, I’m increasingly disinterested in these multiplayer unlock systems. Other changes listed below.

The updated commo rose looks nifty and seems designed specifically to improve the PC experience, using the keyboard and mouse in a more intelligent fashion. A big hurrah for that.

Improved minimaps too!

You can read the rest here, including details of passive SOFLAM use, IR flares for all and the addition of horns to all jeeps.

, , .

1. Mordsung says:

Meh, some of the first weapons you get in this game are still what you end up using well after unlocking other stuff.

If the higher guns were objectively superior to the early guns, I’d have an issue with this, but since they’re not it doesn’t bug me at all.

I’m an AK-47/74/101 man, and that’s the first gun you get in the game.

• Calneon says:

That’s true, the M4 and M16 are generally regarded as the best engineer and assault guns.

• Mordsung says:

I personally dislike how the iron sights on the M series of assault rifles are represented in videogames. While they’re great sights in real life, in games they’re not as good as the AK style sights as the AK style sights are open, giving you more vision of the field when you ADS.

The M-series rifles have that closed circle which really kills your vision.

• Jacksie says:

Yeah the AK iron sights are definitely superior. It doesn’t take long to unlock RDS though and the M4/M16s are definitely the better guns in the game!

Yaaaay horns!

Horns! Woo! Horns! BEEP!

Beep.

• Jeremy says:

Definitely true, but there is still something to be said about the various scopes and add-ons you can get for each gun. It doesn’t really bother me much though as skill can’t be faked, so a horrible player with all the best weapons and unlocks is going to be worthless.

• sneetch says:

I don’t think you unlock the scopes and weapon attachments through the bundles. You just unlock the weapons, equipment and perks from the vehicle and kits.

It’s bloody steep too, it’s €5.50 each to get the items and weapons for the Assault, Engineer, Recon and Support kits, €8 for the air or ground vehicle bundles, with some bundles to make it “cheaper” (the Ultimate Bundle costs €30!) I mean, holy crap! Makes the €15 map pack look like a bargain, maybe that’s their motivation.

But you know what, if someone wants to pay that then why not. I’m surprised they don’t just sell a bundle with all the rank unlocks too.

• Monkey says:

All the gear but no idea

• Knufinke says:

The guns are fine.
      A jet without upgrades is absolutely useless however.

• DrGonzo says:

P90 all the way! Not sure if it’s actually better or whether I’ve just watched too much Stargate and secretly want to be MacGuyver.

2. Calneon says:

Nice that they responded to people asking for a new coms rose. Also, not bothered about the instant unlocks, the game is far enough in that most people have all the unlocks so it’s not like I’m at any more of a disadvantage. I wouldn’t buy it anyway personally, I do get a lot of enjoyment unlocking the guns one by one and trying them out.

• Droopy The Dog says:

I love how the “new” com rose is just a return the BF2 one. They always knew, deep inside, it was better than that silly gamepad friendly one.

3. Duckee says:

The biggest benefit for me of this patch is the weapon balancing. It seems they want to make all the weapons more potent, but in different situations. For instance the AEK971 is now more suitable for close quarters, whereas the AN92 has been buffed again to be the superior long range AR in the AK series of rifles. Good changes all around.

I am hoping this creates a wider diversity of weapon usage, because you often had a CS scenario where everyone just used a few weapons.

• grundus says:

Yeah, it does SEEM that way, but yesterday I went 34 for 18 with a sniper rifle on Kharg Island, which never happens. I don’t even get scores that good with LMGs or ARs, or didn’t before the patch anyway, I was using the QBU-88 with 4x scope and no other attachments yet I was raping everyone at any range, my deaths came from trying to use vehicles because every other fucker in the game had Javelins, and the other other fuckers had SOFLAMs. In fact I do clearly remember getting a lot of kills on people just because they were running around with Javelins in their hands… But even so, I managed to hold my own against automatic weapons at point blank range.

I don’t really know what DICE can do about that, though, aside from make sniper rifles less powerful at close range than at long, which to be fair would be entirely accurate because in real life the bullets would over-penetrate at close range and do much less damage than they would if they tumbled, like pistol rounds do at close range.

ANYWAY, I haven’t tried other classes yet so couldn’t possibly comment, but fuck Javelins basically.

4. philbot says:

Heat seeker missiles are a waste of time now, dont even do damage any more, after playing in the jets for the last few hours.

• Brun says:

I never used Heat Seekers in the jets anyway, due to all the countermeasures against lock-on that you can get from Jet unlocks. The guns have always been the better choice for air-to-air combat.

• Memph says:

I’ve always considered hopping into a jet to just indulge in air-to-air dogfighting a gargantuan waste of time, a player and a vehicle.

5. torchedEARTH says:

I think they have given the unlocks too soon after releasing the game. To me it smacks of losing interest in this iteration of Battlefield too quickly.

Paired with the close quarters combat DLC I just find myself wishing for Counter Strike GO even more.

If they want to get me back on side, more games (including BF3) need to have modes where you get one spawn per match. That, for me, is real excitement.

6. suibhne says:

Maybe I’m missing something here, but I’m pretty disappointed that every patch seems to increase the power of air vehicles vs. grounders. It’s like DICE staff don’t even play the PC version, where air vehicles are practically unchallenged unless you get 3 or more Javelins working together with 1-2 SOFLAMs. The coordinating costs are so high on a pub server that it’s generally a lot easier to just try to avoid the air vehicles altogether.

At least tanks and RPGs got a buff vs. air.

• Mordsung says:

Well, to be fair, air assets should be absolute terrifying to ground troops.

BF isn’t exactly a simulation, but it’s also not exactly arcade. If you drew a line from CoD to Arma, BF would land somewhere in the middle and they try to keep themselves there by making vehicles as terrifying as they actually would be to foot soldiers.

As you even said in your post, team work will take that air asset out easily.

• sneetch says:

Yeah but a helicopter can still take two stingers before being taken out and it’s relatively easy for a good helicopter pilot to back off out of range, land, repair and get back into the air again.

I’d be happier if laser painted Javelins weren’t fooled by IR flares. It used to be that flares would take as long to regenerate as it takes to reload and lock on again at least they’ve “fixed” that by making Stinger lock ons quicker.

We’ll have to see how it plays though.

• Mordsung says:

Also in the patch notes, flares don’t break lock on anymore, they instead confuse the missile meaning flare usage will require much better skill and timing than before.

Flares sucked before because they broke lock, now you can keep lock and the helicopter pilot has to make sure he blows flares at the right time.

End result is a more skill based air game.

• sneetch says:

Oooh! I missed that! Now that is interesting! I’m looking forward to this one now.

• NeuralNet says:

FYI, IRL SAMS are as cheap as chips.

• Nick says:

huh.. no one who was any good ever flared when they were locked on before, only after they got incoming missile tone.

• Brun says:

Agree with Nick on this one, blowing your flares early usually meant damage or death.

Also, yes, in jet flight sim games like Falcon 4 MANPADS (Stinger and similar hand-held anti-air missiles) are a bitch and a half because usually they don’t show up on RWR (being passive weapons they do not rely on radar signals to track their targets). Playing a low-level strike or SEAD mission in that game was a constant struggle to stay low enough to avoid the nastier, fixed-location SAM emplacements while still dodging MANPADS.

• Conrad B Hart says:

I am in complete agreement. Two players working in unison can usually pick off an unskilled helo pilot, but it’s nigh on impossible to take down a jet. From their patch notes, it seems like they want to encourage more people to try the aircraft but I can’t for the life of me see why. I have quite enough invincible air jockeys raining death upon me already, thank you very much. Perhaps it’s a console/PC thing?

• Brun says:

Those air jockeys are hardly invincible vs. the anti-air vehicles. I don’t know if they’ve nerfed them recently but the anti-air tanks were absolutely lethal to jets, to the point where I would just avoid flying within their range, which was considerable.

• Svant says:

Well yes because atm the aircraft are completly useless against ground so all they do is fly around and dogfight each other and every once in a while ram a helicopter. They should add the bloody A.10 and frogfoot on all maps with jets. They at least have a decent gun to kill tanks. This would also give the jets something to do with those fancy air-to-air missiles… Putting fighter-jets only on every bloody map is stupid as hell.

• shaydeeadi says:

So you not use Guided Missile or the FFAR pods? Those things own land vehicles to all hell. I don’t fly jets but when my tank gets hit by that shit I know it. Heatseekers are crap anyway, use the cannon for dogfights.
        Frogfoot/A10 are horrific against armor but at least they get super cocky and leave themselves open to a 120.

• Nick says:

cannon and rockets are both good vs ground if you aren’t a bad pilot.

• MaXimillion says:

At least with BC2, the guy in charge of balance was a console player. I’m not sure if he’s still in charge of BF3 balance.

• shaydeeadi says:

Console schmonsole you fool. It’s Alan Kertz (Demize99) who has been working on the games since 2142. Like whether he played on a console or not matters when balancing aircraft and vehicles against one another.

• Unruly says:

When it came to BC2 it definitely mattered. They supposedly made a “PC optimized” flight model that was in use at launch, which in reality made the choppers fly like a beached whale on PC while their console counterparts were nimble as hell. Then when they based all of the balance changes on the console versions you ended up with air assets being absolutely worthless on the PC thanks to the combined effects of beached-whale controls and un-dodgeable, un-removable tracer darts(vehicle smoke didn’t work at all for choppers on PC). Demize even came onto the forums, in the BC2 PC section where there was video proof of the choppers not having functioning vehicle smoke, and at one point said something along the lines of “Everything is working as intended.”(http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1055125-choppers-now-useless-7.html#post14411709) only to come back a few weeks later and say “Oh, you were complaining about it not working on the PC version. I only tested the Xbox version.”(can’t currently find that post, as I can’t log in there to do the search) As if it were any secret, or should have come as any surprise, that the complaints in the BC2 PC section of the EAUK forums were actually about the PC version of BC2 rather than the Xbox one.

The blanket changes to weapon balance in BC2 at launch was also proof that they were balancing primarily based on the console versions. 40mm grenade launchers got nerfed into oblivion on PC, despite being rarely used, since they were overused on consoles while the M2CG, which was overused on PC, got massive buffs. And that’s just one example, albeit the most egregious. By the time they decided to fix the flight model for the PC and actually bothered to balance it seperately I had given up on BC2, as had the majority of my friends. It just wasn’t worth it. Especially so when the developer that was responsible for balance changes pretty much said he was basing his decisions primarily off of the console versions at that time.

It may not be entirely the same case with BF3, but there are definitely areas where the versions differ and need to remain different. The initial attempts to perform all-encompassing balance changes to everything in BC2 proved that you can’t treat the console and PC versions as though they’re the same. There’s just too much of a difference between the performance of players using a gamepad and players using kb/m in an FPS, and overall gameplay can change dramatically because of that. Just ask the guys who made Monday Night Combat about what they learned when they brought it to PC.

Revisor says:

After having played for almost 70 hours and unlocking and testing every infantry weapon I have uninstalled BF3.

It’s like sugar – it’s fun and tastes great but ultimately it’s empty, without a purpose.
    After my gaming sessions I always felt empty and sorry. And what’s worse, I played at the expense of time with my SO and a quality sleep.

I’m glad it only took me 70 hours. With BFBC2 it took me over 300 hours to realize the emptiness.

• Mordsung says:

Technically, all games are empty. It’s always just a matter of how long the veil lasts.

Eventually, all FPS break down into a point and click game with varying degrees of difficulty in actually clicking your target.

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

No, they’re text adventures!

You see many MANS in front of you.
        >use gun on men
        There are no MENS here.
        >use gun on mans
        You MISSED.
        >use gun on mans
        You MISSED.
        >use gun on mans
        You MISSED.
        You have been shot in the HEAD by MAN.
        You are DEAD.
        You hear: “rofl lol”.

• suibhne says:

What do you think a “non-empty” gaming experience would be like? Or is that simply impossible after a certain time investment? Is the real problem simply that games like BF3 can essentially be infinite timesinks, versus gaming experiences which are designed to be time-bound and can therefore fit into “real life” in a more obvious, immediately comprehensible way?

• sneetch says:

Never mind.

• philbot says:

It must suck to be you.

• Rawrian says:

Heh, I know the feeling. I felt it the strongest when playing Diablo 2.

8. iARDAs says:

Lame!

• iARDAs says:

Yeah I am with you bro. It is totally lame.

• dotslash says:

haha, made me chuckle! :)

Also, still only 10 points for driver assists, that is totally utterly stupidly ridiculously absurdly insanely lame

• dotslash says:

actually, looks like they’ve upped it for helo pilots to 50 points. This really should be retrospective though. I wonder how long an update statement would take?

9. TODD says:

I still consistently use the starting weapons for every one of the four character classes – the Support’s M27, the Assault’s M16A3, the Recon’s Mk 11, and the Engineer’s RPG and M4A1. The vehicle unlocks are a much bigger deal.

• Max.I.Candy says:

The m16a3 is pretty much the best assault weapon, although i prefer the f2000.

• Brun says:

I never use the Stinger or Javelin on the Engineer. The homing capability is not worth the slower firing times (due to lock-on) and losing the ability to use them as anti-infantry weapons.

10. Moraven says:

More awards for skillful heli flying
    One of the balancing items we have done in this game update is to better reward skillful heli pilots. To do this, we have increased the pilot’s score for transporting passengers who make kills from the heli. The assist score for heli pilots is now 50 points/kill. In a fully loaded transport, four passengers who make 1 kill each will give the pilot a sum total of 200 points. This balancing change is also present in the PlayStation 3 update that went live yesterday.

Best change ever. Since BF2 I have prided myself in being the best Blackhawk pilot. Staying alive to keep the offensive spawn alive. Orbiting with a tilt to allow your gunners to rack up kills. Having an engineer on board to keep you in tip top shape. Taking evasive diving maneuvers as needed from other air threats.

• TormDK says:

As someone who has experienced a pilot like yourself in action I can only give my praise for your actions, and my thanks!

It’s a boring job to most people, but with a Squad that knows how to use such a resource it can shift the battle easily.

• MasterDex says:

Yeah, it’s about bloody time those of us willing to give our lives to transport soldiers to the frontlines got rewarded. We’ve only been waiting what? 6 years? Did 2142 reward us significantly? It’s so long ago, I can’t recall. I know in BFBC2 it was a waste of time and tickets anyway.

tomeoftom says:

There is actually nothing more fun that flying the Kasatka or Venom with four friends. Sky Bastards Unite!

• Tams80 says:

Brilliant!

This has been the case in Battlefield P4F for a while, good to see BF3 gets it. Now, just the issue of finding good gunners… actually, anyone who even wants to get into my helicopter. I’m not THAT bad a pilot. Honest!

• starclaws says:

Orbiting is easy. It’s the pilots that do the high risk rocking chair into flat hover for a moment allowing your gunner un-phased level aiming to rack up 12 kills in 5 seconds flat that prove to be monumental.

Smashbox says:

Thank goodness. I’m so sick of having to play the game to unlock things!

12. Quasar says:

“Commo”? Is that a word? Short for what, ‘commonication’? Surely it’d be “comms” or at least “commu”, if they insist on making up silly noises.

• Mordsung says:

Commo Rose flows off the tongue better than Comms Rose or Commu Rose.

We do this with other words, such as combo.

In general, the English language has a habit of shortening words with Os or Ys, as they just sound “proper” as endings.

• YourMessageHere says:

It’s the military. Manipulating words isn’t what they do best. See also: Humvee, Recce.

13. diamondmx says:

Step 1) Take all the items people would normally expect and put them behind a grind-wall
    Step 2) Increase the height of the wall slowly
    Step 3) Wait for this to become the accepted norm
    Step 4) Allow players to pay to bypass the wall
    Step 5) Profit from allowing players to bypass a grind that you added, that wasn’t even there 5 years ago

Notice how there’s no ???? step.

• sneetch says:

Their top men have been working on removing that ???? step. Top men.

• diamondmx says:

It is ingenious, and it is the sort of thing that makes people hate MT and DLC.
        They are now generously letting you avoid a problem that they created.

All ‘convenience’ MTs suffer from the problem that there must be existing inconvenience, and if it doesn’t exist, you have to create it.

Lots of players – “I don’t have enough inventory space”
        Before MTs: We’re adding a way to get more inventory space, or just increasing inventory space.
        After MTs: We’re *generously* allowing you to buy more inventory space

Lots of players – “The XP grind is really long and boring”
        Before MTs: Let’s tweak the formula so everyone has more fun.
        After MTs: Why not buy one of our potions to increase XP rate!

Lots of players – “It takes too long to travel between A and B”
        Before MTs: Let’s add a faster travel system, or increase travel speed, or do something to make the trek fun
        After MTs: Why not buy a teleport from our store!

Either these annoying inconveniences come about from poor design, or they are deliberately designed in, either way it’s an excuse to squeeze more money from players by making ‘fun’ a artificially limited commodity in a game you often have already paid for.

• TormDK says:

Considering that you earn points faster in BF3 than any other BF game in the series, your point falls of a bit short.

• diamondmx says:

I don’t recall there being ‘points’ in BF1942.

• YourMessageHere says:

Considering 1) what DiamondMX said and 2) that even if you embrace the idea that players love unlocks, you earn points and unlocks glacially slowly compared to certain other unlock-happy modern military FPS games, it seems fairly hard to disguise the fact that the unlocks are there purely to manufacture a barrier.

• MasterDex says:

Let’s be fair here. It was there five years ago. BF2 and 2142 had unlocks and it took a hell of a lot longer to get them all – if you were lucky enough to even do so – than it did in BFBC2 or BF3. Granted, there were less things to unlock back then but it still took longer. If I remember correctly, I’m still missing an unlock in 2142 for the engineer and I’m a Brigadier General.

You make a fair point but unlock systems aren’t quite so devious as you make them out to be. They work on a simple concept – rewards keep players coming back. It’s like achievements. If you’re playing a game and you get an achievement, even if it’s through the normal course of gameplay then it gives you a boost and you’re more likely to stay playing the game that little bit longer. If on the other hand, you had everything available to you from the start, you might find yourself quickly losing interest and moving on to something else.

14. BoZo says:

Unlocks are so 2007.

15. Etherealsteel says:

I really hate the whole idea of unlocking weapons, unlocking upgrades to that weapon, it’s fine. You should have all weapons available at the start. People enjoy playing the game because they ultimately enjoy playing it. If you think about BF1942, all weapons were there, actually less weapon selection than BF3 and people played the hell out of it for years and still do today, believe it or not. I want EA to do that, not this dangling a carrot in your face hoping to make you keep playing.

Goodtwist says:

Aw, they put VOIP into the game, nice.

Uh no?

PoulWrist says:

Thank god for that small mercy. Battlelog voice is enough.

tomeoftom says:

PoulWrist: a modern multiplayer game without VOIP is insanity. I can’t tell my teammates “spot the tank so I can bomb it” if I have to type it while flying. If I only ever cooperate with my friends-in-real-life, and I never want to work with my team, doesn’t that make the whole point of classes kind of pointless? TF2 was great; being able to jump into a server and have fun with strangers – make jokes, discuss the round that just finished, egg people on, and most importantly actually cooperate (‘engi behind that wall’ or ‘hit the uber early, just in case’). This modern thing of games where you just drop in and noiselessly shoot people for an hour is creepy.

At the moment the time when BF3 is really fun is when my friends can come play, but that’s relatively rare. When I’m playing with three or four people the game is three or four times as fun, and it’s incredible. They need to implement VOIP at least between just your current squad (so no cacophany of team chatter), and soon. As for people like you who evidently don’t like most mic users (fair enough in juvenile shooters like COD/BF3), there could just be an option to disable VOIP in the client. Very, very simple.

• sneetch says:

Yeah, it’s dumb that VOIP is missing. I mean I think that in general most people just won’t use it, but they should include it and the ability to mute individual players on the score screen would be enough to take care of the people who just use it to grief their own side (the standard ability to bring up a votekick or a voteban (24 hour) would also be nice).

• SkittleDiddler says:

Battlelog might count for something if it were actually useful. It’s one of the most convoluted voice chat clients I’ve ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Goodtwist says:

Sorry, I forgot to put the sarcasm sign in front.

To me it’s moronic beyond comprehension to NOT include VOIP into a FPS. It’s not that we wouldn’t be in 2012, though.

How doesn’t like VOIP shall disable that function and everybody shall be happy.

• UberMonkey says:

Yeah, the lack of VOIP is insane. I see a lot of people claiming it would be madness, but I’ve never really had a problem with open VOIP on the TF2 servers I play on (granted, only 16 players per team). Have admins, have a community around your server, it’ll be great. Almost everyone I regularly play TF2 with is someone I met randomly on one of the servers I frequent thanks to open VOIP. For obvious reasons this has never happened in a BF3 game, and it’s not that often I can get more than 1 or 2 of my friends together to play a game.

The current system is built for people who already have established teams and will be using external VOIP (technically I think they were thinking of consoles when they did this — no server admins), but that’s a terrible assumption to make unless you only want existing clans and league teams to play your game beyond the first couple months.

17. Bobtree says:

It looks like progress, but awfully late and slow. If BF3 is EA’s flagship title then they should update it once or twice a month, not as seldom as possible.

I STILL want a big spawn map that you can click on like in the old games. The usability of BF3′s is very very poor by comparison. The console and widescreen layout sucks. I have a 21″ 4:3 CRT only 2 feet away, let me USE it!

The recent influx of casual players who got it in the spring sale have also made for some very painful and punishing matches (no team balance), especially on the B2K maps which are much more demanding to play well.

18. aircool says:

BF3 rocked for about three weeks until it became obvious it was the same old sh*te with incredibly annoying voices.

Hopefully Planetside 2 should bring the online FPS up to date :)

19. Eldray says:

Play Quake Live or Unreal Tournament 2004 or 3 instead of this crap.

20. Raziel_Alex says:

I forgot to ask this until now, but is there an RPS sever for BF3?

21. Xan says:

30€ to unlock everything. 8€ for ground and 8€ for air vehicles. Wow, just wow.

I hope nobody pays for that, it’s a ripoff, even if you’re a casual player with little time.

On the bright side, some of the patch changes are very nice, especially a functional commo rose and faster lock-on for AA missles.

22. simulant says:

Unlocks are ruining this genre, IMO.

I don’t want to play with players who are playing for unlocks. I want to play with players who are interested in the tactical objectives. I know that unlocks are popular but they are a sucker play. Unlocks appeal to a base and unhealthy compulsion in most of us. They are being used against us, to extract more money & time. The more people that realize this, the better off we will be.

Do you want to help your team mates win or do you just want to unlock that next accessory?

It’s like nicotine in cigarettes….

23. db1331 says:

I’m loving all the whiners on the BL forums crying because they can’t sit in a tank the whole round anymore, now that one person can’t repair a tank faster than two people can damage it. That and the one hit kills on choppers with rockets are much needed changes. Nothing was more frustrating than lining up a beautiful RPG shot on a chopper, getting a hit marker, then having the guy fly off and repair. Also, the flares no longer breaking missile lock is brilliant.

• shaydeeadi says:

If you are committed to taking a tank out, it was never too hard to sneak round the back and take out the repairmen while teammates keep the tank busy. They have now made it chumptastic, 1 shot to disable a tank is a joke and basically rewarding lone wolves popping a quick rpg/smaw and then winning against a 2-3 man tank team.
      If anything they should of moved that stupid disable threshold down to 25%, not made infantry even more effective against armour since they are buffing jav/soflam/guided against them.

24. MajorManiac says:

Horns on Jeeps!!! Surely this is the update we have all been waiting for.

25. Mathute87 says:

This game won’t ever reach the Bad Company 2 quality and the fun someone can have with it.

I never thought I could say this but CoD fanboys (who are as moronic as any other fanboys) were right: This game is boring. But not every time, only when there are no vehicles around.

The buyable “shortcuts” are a slap in the face. If they had added those when the game first released, then it’d be fine.

26. rockman29 says:

The commo rose looks like the one in Battlefield 2.

What were they using before???

27. UberMonkey says:

There are only 2 things I want from BF3:
    -Proper VOIP in game. It works on TF2 and CS/CSS servers with decent admins, why not here? It’s never going to happen (something about them only licensing the VOIP tech for battlelog), but I can dream.
    -Colorblind option for the pale green/pale orange map and in-game player markers. I’m partially red/green colorblind (I don’t have trouble with most red/green, but some of these more pastel colors can be hard for me to distinguish at a quick glance). BFBC2 had an option that make the green (in-squad friendly) more of a yellow, and this worked perfectly.

Oh and while I’m here, to stay on topic: Creating a wall of unlockables you have to climb just so you can charge to bypass it is pretty terrible. Boo unlockables, I hate them.

28. spelvin spugg says:

Looks like something I would be interested in if it were not for the fact that it’s released by EA.

Hell will freeze over before I ever pay another dime for an EA product.

Well, the fact that it has for-pay unlocks makes me very much less interested as well, but EA is a deal breaker.