In London: The RPS Social Club Is On Tomorrow

By Jim Rossignol on March 30th, 2012 at 2:30 pm.

Perhaps you like hanging out with human people? And you are in travel range of London’s dark heart? Then you should use your legs (and possibly London’s excellent public transport!) to propel yourself to The RPS Social Club. It’s happening here from 6pm. Many friendly RPS readers will be there. They are not like the others.

__________________

« | »

1. Kyrius says:

will you ever como to brazil? ever? please?

2. retropixl says:

sucks being on the other side of the world. my social skills need sharpening, after being stuck inside a room staring at a computer screen, lucky if I get enough work done to go outside before 2100

3. Meat Circus says:

I shall be spreading my love about to all who would taste it.

4. Seniath says:

Many friendly RPS readers will be there

Also, Ansob.

5. inkreis says:

Just a few steps from Mass Effect 3′s upsetting ending. Coincidence?

6. GenBanks says:

Will any RPS writers be there?

7. SanguineAngel says:

Gosh I really need to re-attend! I will see what plans the other half has in store for tomorrow

8. Donkeydeathtasticelastic says:

How accomodating are you for weirdoes who have barely commented, never posted and really, seriously need to get out of a location to do things that involve people and not, for instance chickens..?

• SanguineAngel says:

I suppose it depends just what you do with chickens and whether you will be doing those things with people…

• Donkeydeathtasticelastic says:

I do not intend to hurl chunks of stale bread or have my shoes loved by randy poultry.

Which… is probably for the best.

• SanguineAngel says:

Well, after a tankful a beer, I am sure plenty of RPS’ers might appreciate the stale bread…. some might even try their luck so maybe it will be fairly similar after all!!!

9. Brun says:

London’s excellent public transport

“Mind the gap.”

10. Lambchops says:

Bah, these are always held when I have other plans. Bah, I say!

• Alexander Norris says:

In fairness these are announced 2-3 months in advance on the forums, so it’s entirely your fault for making plans. :P

11. Adynod says:

Unfortunately I’ll be travelling in the opposite direction of London this weekend. :( Next time maybe!

12. djbriandamage says:

This social club you speak of.. is it two-handed or can I dual wield them?

13. fugo says:

word of warning to anyone wishing to use the victoria line – its closed this weekend, but they are running a ‘replacement bus service’

14. Tom OBedlam says:

I shall be there, just in case any one is worried

15. deke913 says:

If NASA can produce evidence that it could be possible to make a space elevator to the space station, then why, pray tell, can that not make a flipping bridge that reaches to London.

Our technology is being squandered…SQUANDERED I say!

16. Milky1985 says:

Well if my housemates leaving drinks gets cancelled or delayed for smoe reason i’ll head along and say hi to people.

Good chance to get blind drun….. i mean say hi face to face to all the rps readers!

17. McCool says:

Aha, I’m so poor I’ll have to walk it, but I’ll be there. Erm, hopefully with some money to buy beer. Will do tricks for beer?

18. AndrewC says:

At the last one of these I went to we ended up talking about horse cocks. This was excellent, and I strongly suggest instigating a ‘Time To Deviancy’ criteria to these nights.

I won’t be coming to this because I became a cheap CGI effect like that dude from Babylon 5.

19. AndrewC says:

Oh also, I suggest making a list of everyone who wants to come but can’t, and then drawing them at the social and sticking those drawings to the wall, so they’ll kind of be there after all.

Then you can take pictures of the pictures and link to them here

It will be cute.

20. DrScuttles says:

Sounds like plenty of fun, but it involves being around people.
    Though I’m sure you’re all lovely chaps. I’ll just blame the rubbish Victoria line instead, on account of living within spitting distance of Seven Sisters.

• McCool says:

You live in Seven Sisters and you are turning down an excuse to get out of there for a night? :p

Get the bus man. The Social Club is awesome. There is about a five second gap of awkward, and then you realise everyone in the room can wax lyrical on Deus Ex, X-COM and everything else under the PC sun, and it just feels so right. Seriously, its a pub filled with people with the same tastes/quirks/possible disdain for humanity as you. Always a blast.

• AndrewC says:

Good God, man: GET OUT of Seven Sisters! Take the 259 to Finsbury Park and take the Picadilley! RUN out of Seven Sisters if you have to! And spit at it while you are leaving.

All you have to say is ‘i feel a little awkward’ at the social and everyone will be so quick to tell a joke about the adopted sons of mutated elves you’ll soon forget you were ever nervous.

RUN!

• rapchee says:

srsly, i don’t like parties, but i’m looking forward to seeing these guys again

21. HexagonalBolts says:

Hurrah, I might be able to come!

22. nandocanedo says:

Ow! I was in London just last week… Would love to be there. :(

23. Roxton says:

I should be coming to this. As a first-timer, is there any generally accepted way of identifying you, or myself?

24. Fire_Storm says:

Another first timer here. I’m going to go with waving, like a simpleton, as a method of identifying myself…

• lynn_kraken says:

As a matter of fact, there is no special code or dress code (cf the forum thread), it’s upstairs and it is enough to identify the people I guess.
      Me and the mister will be first-timers as well. I’ll wear a geeky t-shirt just in case.