The RPS Bargain Bucket: The Glory Of Looking

By Lewie Procter on March 31st, 2012 at 1:55 pm.

I was a bit poorly last week, and couldn’t quite manage to hold it together long enough to compile a bargain bucket. Normal service has resumed now though, so read on for this weekends top discounted PC downloads. You can always rely on SavyGamer.co.uk to bring you updates for the latest gaming price drops.

Avadon: The Black Fortress, Canabalt, Cogs, Snuggle Truck, Swords and Soldiers & Zen Bound 2 – £4/€4.81/$6.42
Two days and a bit left on the latest Humble Bundle, which gets you Windows, Mac, Linux and Android versions of all these games if you beat the average. You can pay any price you want, but only get Swords and Soldiers if you pay more than average. This bundle includes Steam keys for all the games that are on Steam, and soundtracks for Canabalt, Snuggle Truck, Swords and Soldiers & Zen Bound 2. The new version of Canabalt on Android is bad ass.

Trine – £1.40/€1.60/$2
Trine 2 – £5.99/€6.49/$7.49
I’m a little bit confused by this offer. In Pound Sterling, it looks like it is cheaper to buy Trine 2 and Trine The First separately, rather than the Trine 2 Collector’s Edition which includes a free copy of Trine. Maybe the Collector’s Edition comes with some other stuff too. Thoughts on both of the lovely Trine games from Jim here and Alec here.

Split/Second: Velocity – £3.99
Apply coupon “pcgamer20″.
I’m not sure of the regional availability on this deal, but it’s worth giving it a try. This game slipped by under-loved, and the developer Black Rock Studios sadly shut down following it’s release. It’s a game where sometimes you get to press a button that makes a building explode. It’s great looking, and has some seriously spectacular moments. The PC version is a bit of a bare bones port, but it’s perfectly serviceable. You’d be silly not to grab it at this price.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution – £5.99
Apply coupon “pcgamer20″.
The same regional availability uncertainty as above for this deal, however since this is a Steamworks game it is much more suitable for data-smuggling between individual users in different regions. John said this about DXHR:

Despite its obvious visual console shackles, this is a game that remembers what PC games were once all about, and honours them. It’s a refreshing reminder of what games can be in the current swamp of six-hour follow-em-up shooters, and stands shoulders, chest and waist above. When games get close to the glory of Looking Glass, our expectations can rise extremely high. That Deus Ex: Human Revolution meets so many of them is a remarkable feat.

More here, and loads more RPS coverage here.

Deal of the week
Saints Row: The Third – £7.99
Apply coupon “pcgamer20″.
The same regional availability uncertainty as above, and indeed the same Steamworks based data-smuggle loophole too. Whilst I’m repeating myself, I may as well refer to John again for opinions:

It’s so fundamentally dedicated to being fun that its prehensile penile puerility ends up feeling redundant in the midst of the blaze of silliness and action, and barely noticeable. Car mechanics being called “Rim Jobs” doesn’t register as you play, and I do wonder if by SR4 they’ll have dropped the puns-for-eleven-year-olds entirely. Because what they’ve created doesn’t rely on that background hum of childishness – it’s got a foreground explosion of grotesquely violent entertainment to keep you constantly busy.

More here.

Also of note:
Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition – $11.99 (USA only)
Empire: Total War – £2.49/€4.99/$4.99
Tropico 4 – £10.18/€15.28/$13.58
Indiegala 3
Activision Promo at GOG

Find yourself loads more cheap games over at SavyGamer.co.uk.

1. sinister agent says:

If anyone hasn’t yet bought Deus Ex 3, do so. It really is excellent, and the second most Deus-Ex-y game ever made. It’s worth far more than that price.

• Rich says:

Definitely. The boss fights are a bit of a pain but the rest of the game feels really true to Deus Ex (particularly the good bits).

• Skabooga says:

I will chime in to say that not everyone (okay, maybe just me) dislikes the boss battles, and as mentioned above, even if you do hate them, they are only a teeny-tiny portion of the game.

• 12kill4 says:

There’s nothing in the first few boss fights that a butt-load of stun gun rounds to the face won’t cure.

• Contrafibularity says:

• Zwebbie says:

Personally I thought DX:HR was a solid and fun experience, but ultimately forgettable and lacking the magic Deus Ex moments in which you actually devise solutions instead of choosing them; when you’re amazed at the possibilities that the developers thought of, or when you’re not exactly sure they considered your particular solution at all. At that price, it’s probably worth it, but it felt very by-the-numbers to me. Opinions differ, though.

I also think it’s the second most Alpha-Protocol-y game ever made, for what that’s worth.

• d32 says:

So, Alpha Protocol worth a try for someone who enjoyed Deus EX (1 & 3), enjoys RPGs and already owns it?

• terry says:

Absolutely. The combat is iffy at best but it has hands down the best dialogue and branching storyline in pretty much any game.

• Lykurgos says:

I’d say no. I’ve played about 8 hours worth of it. I found the stealth and combat both extremely fiddly both using a controller and a mouse/keyboard, and that killed the enjoyment for me.

However, I would agree with Terry, the dialogue and story appear engaging.

• Vinraith says:

Since you own it, there’s no harm trying it. Personally, I could never find a control scheme that worked for me. That’s a shame, because I got the sense there was an entertaining game in there, I just couldn’t find a path to it.

• Zanchito says:

I played it with absolutely no problems, going stealth + hacking. I didn’t have a problem with the controls nor the camera, but I seem to be a minority or something. :P The game is kinda meh until you get out of the Middle East but after that, wow!!!

• Runs With Foxes says:

Alpha Protocol is decent, but it’s nothing like Deus Ex.

DX1 is an immersive sim (not an RPG) with Looking Glass pedigree, and there are still few games like it.

Alpha Protocol is an attempt to meld third person action and RPG, and each part suffers for it. It’s more about narrative choices, so it has more in common with Mass Effect — but is better than that series.

DXHR takes as much, if not more, from Metal Gear Solid as it does from Deus Ex, like the stealth design and the cutscene-heavy narrative focus. It rejects the immersive sim design of the original game, and that’s its greatest crime.

• Zwebbie says:

d32: I thought it was very much like Human Revolution, both in good and in bad ways: good dialogue with a bit boring characters, sneaky and cover based shooty gameplay that’s solid fun without being particularly clever, hacking minigames that drive you mad, terrible boss battles… Now I know I like Alpha Protocol better than most people and Human Revolution less than most people, but AP is definitely worth a shot. Unfortunately, it starts off with the weakest of the four hubs, so it’s hard to form a quick judgment about.

Also, be sure to invest points into the Pistol skill; the ridiculously overpowered Chain Shot skill isn’t quite HR’s Typhoon, but it does make the boss battles much, much more bearable.

• Phantoon says:

To be fair, Deus Ex’s opening level is terrible.

• Gira says:

Wash your mouth out with soap. Liberty Island is one of the greatest pieces of level design ever. I found it hilarious when I saw the DXHR devs had to cut it in half. Amateurs.

• Jim9137 says:

You can have a trucker beard in it.

• Dreforian says:

The ham-fisty-ness of the forced encounters/plot points notwithstanding, DXHR played just like DX for me. In DX there was no rule saying you had to pick one route or methodology and stick with it to the end and that meant I could ~explore~ an area and find ~every possible route~ for continuing on before ~choosing~ which way I finally used to continue the story with. DXHR let me do exactly the same. I would concede that you receive fewer tools in the newest entry than the original so that there’s less granularity to the solutions you might devise in order to progress.

• Zwebbie says:

Dreforian: My most memorable moments of Deus Ex were the ones in which I got the feeling that I as the player was particularly clever. Some of those were anticipated by the developers, like shooting a UNATCO trooper on Liberty Island to get an early Assault Rifle, or disposing all the UNATCO troopers in the NSF HQ before sending the signal. Others, I’m not sure – climbing into Castle Clinton over stacked crates or jumping off aforementioned NSF HQ to avoid all hostiles with the sprinting augmentation. Deus Ex was, in my opinion, very good at making you come up with solutions it never mentioned. It doesn’t, for example, ever mention that you can kill Anna Navarre on the 747. The only options you’re actually told about are to kill Lebedev or let Anna do so.

In Human Revolution… not so much. At one point I tried to stack crates to block a camera’s line of sight, which I thought was quite clever of myself, but the physics didn’t allow for the stacking very well, and then I noticed a big “punch through this wall if you want to avoid the camera”-signal… It always felt that I was picking a solution the designers had laid out and clearly presented to me.

Awkward analogy: if Deus Ex: Human Revolution is any puzzle game, the original Deus Ex is SpaceChem.

• Dreforian says:

“Deus Ex was, in my opinion, very good at making you come up with solutions it never mentioned”
            Point well taken. In DX you’re mostly on your own, and environments feel more open and less engineered to send you along one path or another. DX:HR, from marketing videos to in game dialogue sort of hand you everything you need. In DX all your cleverness goes into just making it through, whereas with HR that cleverness only comes into play when you set extra challanges for yourself.
            Example: early on when you’re infiltrating the factory there’s a hallway guarded by a turret. You could put some hard earned points into hacking, and disable it. Or just sneak through a vent and go behind it. If you’re a stealth bug like me that vent looks mighty enticing since crossing the hall would at least alert the turret. HOWEVER I’m also a stark raving completionist, especially when it comes to DX. So to avoid detection I took the vent, grabbed some cardboard boxes and very carefully stacked them in front of the turret so that it was blinded. Once that was done I could go back through the vent, cross the hall and hack/loot the office, all without having spend any points in either hacking or strength to disable the turret. Just because I was given choices didn’t mean I couldn’t make my own.
            Basically HR is engineered to more explicitly enable certain playstyles from the beginning, whereas in DX you don’t know what situations you’ll be in or how to tackle them until you’re already at them so your choices have more weight. To add some of that DX charm back into HR you kinda have to set extra challenges. The Missing Link DLC does a better job of recapturing the DX experience I think, especially with certain achievements. I really hope the devs get another chance to learn from their mistakes (and also don’t spoil all the possibilities in gameplay videos again).

• JackShandy says:

I keep seeing people say this, and I don’t think it’s true. Human Revolution has every one of the things you’ve mentioned.

You can kill a friendly Swat team member to get an assault rifle in the first level. You can stack crates to block the sight of cameras. You can stack crates to get somewhere high up, and leap off from high places to escape enemies. There are multiple instances where it doesn’t tell you what your options are; to get another example from the first level, it’s possible to stun Zeke before he can shoot the hostage in order to capture him AND save her, even though the only obvious options presented are “Let Zeke go or sacrifice hostage”.

Here’s some more things I discovered that made me feel smart. You can shoot cameras with the stun gun to disable them for a short time. You can just shoot the big glass cannisters on the bomb to defuse it. You can shoot through the tiny grates in doors, and you can break down doors by throwing heavy objects at them. Guards deactivate laser grids, even when they’re dead. I only found this on youtube, but everything has weight like it did in Deus Ex, so you can kill people by throwing corpses at them.

The main problem with Human Revolution is that it’s levels are much smaller than Deus Ex. That’s a shame, and hopefully Eidos will make a game with levels that big someday. When it comes to clever solutions, though, Human Revolution’s as good as the first.

• Dreforian says:

Ha I only discovered you could stun cameras (AND TURRETS) with the stun gun waaaaay late in the game. I kinda miss being able to just turn them off by sneaking up on them. Had to look up how to disable mines so I basically avoided them completely until the last area. Moving at your absolute slowest is really hard when you have to climb or fall from crates to get close enough.

• kyynis says:

@JackShandy: Ah yes, lugging around incapacitated guards to get through beam grids. Discovering that was definitely one of my favorite gaming moments in 2011.

• Phantoon says:

Actually, the game basically said “SHOOT ZEKE BEFORE HE SHOOTS HER!” to me.

Which I then did. Very tense moment.

• moagsgw says:

The Apple iPhone 3G (8GB) with free in expedited shipping is only $ 169.99!Do not miss it! http://srt.bz/1

2. SquareWheel says:

Here’s a great bundle/deal on classic RPGs.

$5 USD for Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment, and The Temple of Elemental Evil.

I heard some warnings of DRM, but it looks okay to me. I haven’t gotten any serial key prompts or anything.

Found via http://gamedeals.reddit.com, credit where credit is due.

• Lucid says:

This would be great and all but you can’t use mods like tutu for BG or anything.

• Havok9120 says:

Uhhh. Yes you can, unless buying from Atari directly affects that.

I own that same collection (though bought through GamersGate) and have Tutu installed nice and pretty.

• SquareWheel says:

It’s the version from Good Old Games, which should be moddable.

3. IncredibleBulk92 says:

Empire Total War for £2.50? Anyone interested in strategy games owes it to themselves to purchase that. It had teething problems at launch but it’s a great game to spend a weekend (or 4) playing.

• Askeladd says:

I’m having a problem to stop myself from playing TW:FotS.
      Sadly the only Total War game that I missed was medieval… I regret it and I highly recommend playing Empire with the Darth Mod, as well as every other Total War game that is supported.

• buzzmong says:

Empire:TW is certainly quite good.

I still think Medieval 1 hasn’t been bettered though (and I much prefered the speed of the tokens moving in it than the current animations in the games afterwards).

4. blayer32 says:

Looks like you can’t buy Deus Ex: HR from pcworld unless you’re from the UK :sadface:

Rikard Peterson says:

Yep, as I live in Sweden PCWorld tell me I’m not allowed to play. I suppose I’ll wait for a Steam sale.

Edit: Except that Split/Second isn’t on Steam. I’ll wait for it to appear on GOG or something then.

Hodge says:

Aye, also locked out in Australia. Though it seems to be just a simple IP check, so it may be getaroundable with an anonymizing proxy.

EDIT: Eclipse says below that using a proxy does indeed work. I’m sorely tempted again now.

5. Delusibeta says:

Deus Ex: HR and Split Second for a tenner? Not bad, not bad at all. Might double dip on the former, actually: got the 360 version, haven’t really played it much.

SpakAttack says:

Can recommend Split Second – great cinematic racer – a steal at £4.

Lacero says:

Seconded, great game and lots of fun. Though I played on PS3, it’s probably better on PC :D

• Gnoupi says:

Well, not so much better. For example, the framerate is locked at 30fps. And no way to change that.

6. dgerards says:

@Lewie: I was wondering about the Trine/Trine 2 combo myself, the Collector’s Edition comes with a Digital Artbook and a Soundtrack for Trine 2.

7. misterT0AST says:

if you buy Empire Total War, you might want to also pick up the full DLC bundle for lesss than 5 € http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/empire-total-war-complete-dlc

Overlord and Overlord 2 cost 2.50 € each

For the same price of 2.50 € you can get Medieval 2 Total War and all the expansions
    (which is pretty much insane, I bought it immediately)

If you’re thirsty for some Diablo-like action rpg I strongly recommend you get Sacred Gold Edition for 2 €

VVVVVV is also discounted on Greenman Gaming for 2.37 €. I LOVED that game, and I’ve even seen people who hate platforming get into it.

Also on Greenman Gaming, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, a beautiful game to play seriously, a HILARIOUS game to dick around with. 2.48 € for that one.

Latest is Mount and Blade, available on Amazon US, but from what I understand you can download and play from anywhere (there are no oceans on the internet, right?) For 5.32 $

All of this I found in less than 20 seconds on this handy website.
    It’s got all the deals on Greenman Gaming, Desura, GetgamesGo, Gamesplanet, GoG, Beamdog, DotEmu, Amazon, Adventure Shop, Gamestop PC, GamersGate, and of course Steam.

That’s a lot of deals right there.

8. povu says:

Activision promo includes Arcanum for $3.

9. Hardtarget says:

on the fence about Tropico 4, is it different enough from 3 to be worth it?

• Ironclad says:

I too would like to know. From the screenshots it barely seems any different?

• Pointless Puppies says:

You can try the demo on Steam. I tried it back when it was about to release and it’s very similar, but with significant tweaks. Namely, the engine runs much smoother so now I could run everything on high and not suffer any stutters whatsoever.

If you didn’t like T3 you’re not going to like T4, but if you get into T4 knowing it’s an “expansion pack” sequel you’ll definitely like the tweaks. I’m not sure what it was, but something about it felt more refined and polished.

• Navagon says:

It’s more of the same, but in a good way. Quite a lot more to it in ways that matter. The scenarios are better too. I found the Tropico 3 ones to be littered with too much inexplicable bullshit to really be enjoyable. Overall it’s definitely a better game, even if it’s not exactly reinventing the wheel.

Carra says:

It’s more of the same… and that’s a good thing. I enjoyed going back to the game and finishing the entire campaign, it’s a streamlined version of their previous game. In my opinion it should be priced as an addon and at this price, you’re getting just that.

Still, I hope that their next game will add some more innovation.

Dilapinated says:

I agree with the above; Tropico 4 is literally and in almost every way “3 with a small amount of stuff added and a new campaign”. So, if you loved 3, you’ll love 4, but not really any more than 3. Main changes are a “Quick Build” option for if you want something done NOW, a Grade School, a few more edicts, Blueprints (some buildings cost more the first time you build them. Eg; Apartments, Power Plants, etc).

Also, the soundtrack got worse. It’s still good, but I find 3 hit a sweet spot that 4 never quite reaches.

10. Kaira- says:

I almost picked up DE:HR Augmented Edition at local Gamestop for 15€ and now this offer? It’s like there’s some conspiracy to tempt me into buying it.

How’s the actual download services on pcworlddownloads? That Split/Second-deal is quite tempting.

• manveruppd says:

This I also want to know!! It’s a good price but I’ve never bought from them before, and I’m unclear about their policies regarding redownloading and stuff. Their FAQ contains conflicting information, eg:

from http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/information/faq/games/ :
      “3. Can I play my game on another computer?
      In most cases, yes you can. You can download a game to a new computer by logging in to your Dixons Downloads account on that computer and access the games you have purchased. There can be restrictions on how many computers you can install the game, for instance most EA games can be installed on up to three computers.”

But from http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/information/faq/general/ :
      “. What are the most common problems with downloads?
      To download a game you will need an internet connection and a computer that meets the game’s minimum requirements. You download the game to the computer you want to install it on, you cannot transfer the game install to another computer after the download.”

Has anyone bought from them before and knows what the deal is? If they don’t offer unlimited re-downloading like Steam or GOG do I’m gonna stay away, too much of a risk having your purchases disappear if you need to format your HDD.

• bill says:

Doesn’t seem conflicting. You can install on multiple PCs, but you have to install each one using the client. You can’t download on one PC and then copy it to another PC.

It’s like my e-mag app. I can download and read off-line on multiple devices, but all downloads must go through the app.

Malibu Stacey says:

The new version of Canabalt on Android is bad ass.

Second this. Haven’t played any other games on my phone since I got this on the day of release. Well worth getting just for Canabalt if you have an Android device.

12. Eclipse says:

for ones outside UK wanting to buy from pcworlddownloads, just use an uk web proxy (google it) and you’re gold. I used defilter co uk for Saints Row

• Motordom says:

Yo Eclipse, Im using a VPN but upon trying to purchase I select credit card, enter my details but it declines the transaction? (Im from Australia) how did you get around this? (Yes card works 100%)

• trjp says:

ZTorm (who run that site) are blacklisted by some banks for some reason.

In the UK, debit (bank – not credit) cards from Lloyds Group, Barclays and Santander seem to be included in this – outside the UK I’ve no idea.

If you enter all your stuff and then it fails – odds are it’s the same problem and the only solution is to use a different card (credit cards seem unaffected by this).

• trjp says:

Also – a VPN disguises your location, wheras you want to shout loudly that you’re in the UK so unless your VPN service has this as an option, you need to use a proxy and NOT your VPN.

• Gnoupi says:

Entering the correct address for your credit card is a good reason to be refused. If your billing address isn’t in the UK, there is a chance they won’t allow it, proxy or not.

And I wouldn’t advise cheating on the billing address with credit card payment. Because your bank might refuse to issue the payment, as a protection for you.

13. Unfair says:

I have reviews of all the games in the Indie Gala 3 bundle, and the Indie Facekick bundle (which for some reason isn’t listed here) on my YouTube channel.

The FaceKick bundle is $10 for:

Greed: Black Border
    PAM (Post Apocalyptic Mayhem)
    Dead Horde
    Still Life 2
    Booster Trooper
    Sol Survivor
    Avencast
    Runespell

14. dofferos says:

Greenmangaming is having some great sales now. Including a 20% off preorders on AC3, darksiders 2 and a few other titles. http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/festival/

• BarneyL says:

There are daily deals as well, usually 75% off so far. Worth checking out daily as some good oves have come up (Rockstar and Square Enix games this week, different publishers to feature the week after).
      I’m suprised none of them have reached the Bargain Bucket or Savygamer.

• DrWatson says:

GMG never make it onto the Bargain Bucket. Due to (I think) a bit of personal bias on Louie’s side.

15. Nim says:

Trine 1 & 2 are wonderful games…

if only they did not cause my computer to abruptly shutdown and generate bluescreens. :(

16. Paul says:

Can anyone from nonUK (namely Czechland) tell me if those pcworld deals apply ? I would get Split Second probably.

• d32 says:

“Your computer is on an IP address which is not in the correct region. Due to geographical restrictions you cannot use this shop from your region”
      (Slovensko)

• Paul says:

Thanks for info, fuck ‘em then.Stupid regional assholery, thank gog for GOG.

17. Chizu says:

I enjoyed Split/Second but the pc version is so badly optimized, I get crappy frame rates all over the place.
    Beat the game on ps3, tried it out on PC, since it should perform better. and nope.
    15fps ahoy.

Oh well, got Ridge Racer Unboundededed to play now anyway, which is like the bastard offspring of Flatout and Split/Second, where instead of triggering explosives, you hit things with your face.

18. Jupiah says:

I will never understand why in this day of global internet some businesses still restrict digital download sales by region. I can understand why they wouldn’t want to ship physical boxes off to the U.S., but there’s nothing stopping them from sending data to me. Here I am, throwing my money at the monitor but pcworlddownloads just doesn’t want to take it. Doesn’t make any sense.

19. eclipse mattaru says:

Says pcworlddownloads.co.uk: “Your computer is on an IP address which is not in the correct region. Due to geographical restrictions you cannot use this shop from your region.“

So there. I live in the wrong country.

20. Kyrius says:

Bulletstorm on Steam for $7,50, right now :D

Total Biscuit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFNdbIVFT4
    Wot I Think (by Quintin): http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/22/bulletstorm-review-pc/

Personally: I’d go for it ;)

• TsunamiWombat says:

Bulletstorm was a gem that got obliterated by the games industry samey samey culture, I highly recommend it at it’s discount price for the fun the single-player campaign provides. Alas it ends on something of a cliffhanger that’ll ne’er be resolved now.

• Urthman says:

I like to think a lot of people were put off by the embarrassingly bad frat-boy “humor.”

• Dominic White says:

Anyone who wrote it off as ‘frat boy’ humor was clearly playing it with their eyes shut and their ears plugged, because it’s a hell of a lot smarter than most forum comment threads gave it credit for.

Even RPS’s review praised it for its writing and humor, but NOBODY BELIEVED IT, because the internet apparently makes you paranoid/stupid.

tourgis says:

Absolutely agree. Bulletstorm is a wonderful game, by far the best thing I’ve played in a long time.

• Bostec says:

Oh I don’t know, Its like a big Mac really, you know its going to be nice but you got to content with the fat and the cheese. Heres its Ciffy B ‘Don’t call me’ Cliffy B and Games for Windows Live. Its all about the trade off.

• Runs With Foxes says:

Maybe it had something to do with the marketing campaign? Or maybe you think Cliffy B wistfully talking about blowing out a man’s asshole is ‘smart’. They poked fun at how immature their own game was, so you can’t blame people for treating it similarly.

• bill says:

But those of us who didn’t buy it because of the dumb frat boy humor had no way of knowing that it wasn’t as dumb as it was made out to be. Frankly, i still find it hard to believe, even though i read the RPS review.

• Vinraith says:

What bill said. Frankly, having watched the trailers, it certainly looked and sounded like frat boy humor. There wasn’t anything funny in anything I watched, at least. I think skepticism is understandable.

Vandelay says:

I’d recommend it, but mainly because of the current climate of FPSs. It has a lot of the style of the older FPS, with just being a lot of over the top fun, but it is exceptionally linear and doesn’t have the speed I would personally like from this style of game. Not being able to jump is a perfect example of the problems, but is not really indicative of the game as a whole.

Serious Sam 3 is the better shooter from last year, but I would certainly say that Bulletstorm is a good alternative if you have already played SS3.

21. Urthman says:

I just got Trine 2 this weekend and am surprised at how great the performance is.

My computer gets about 40 fps on Trine 1 with the graphics set on Medium.

Trine 2 looks better and gets a consistent 60 fps with graphics on the very highest setting.

• bill says:

ooohhh. I’d been holding off as i expected it to run like molasses on my laptop. yay!

22. chusik7 says:

Hey Guys they Missed to add the sale of Gotham City Imposters. It has been recently patched and is defenetly worth the price right now.

• Optimaximal says:

It’s also worth mentioning that the DLC *hasn’t* been reduced in price.

Gemberkoekje says:

pcworlddownloads.co.uk: “Your computer is on an IP address which is not in the correct region. Due to geographical restrictions you cannot use this shop from your region.“ – also in Holland.

This deal seems to be quite local to the UK.

24. flibble says:

Seeing these games at such low prices makes me regret everything else I purchase. The next time I buy a pint I’ll just be thinking of what magical offer I could have availed of instead.

Vandelay says:

Not surprised that there wasn’t a mention of Gotham City Imposters in the article, but a little surprised that it hasn’t come up in the comments. Total Biscuit’s recent video of an updated has me keen to pick it up on the Steam weekend deal for £5.99, but I do worry that I might have problems finding people to play with after the cheap weekend has ended.

Anyone have any experience of the gameplay and whether there is enough people playing to always get a game going?

26. enjoiThhomas says:

Bulletstorm is daily deal on Steam @ 5€. Honourable mention at least?

Carra says:

Bulletstorm is a very entertaining game. Big-mouth testosterone bombs walking around, shooting at everything that moves. I especially loved the levels, they looked really nice.

It’s not a classic but it will surely entertain you for a few hours.

Chaz says:

Just waiting for Risen to hit the sales; probably when Dark Waters gets released I hope. I know it’s only £15 at the moment but I don’t have the time to play it now, so it’ll be one for my Steam list.

El_MUERkO says:

Split Second is brilliant and totally worth your time!

29. kalelovil says:

Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai for US$20 at GMG, registers on Steam:

Does it include the content of the original Shogun 2 and the Rise of the Samurai DLC?

30. bill says:

There was an Indie Gala 2?! I’ve now lost track of all the indie bundles.