Carrier Command Pre-Order Beta, Delayed Release

Last time we head from Bohemia’s remake of the 1980s vehicular action-strategy masterpiece it was due for a “Q2″ release, but that’s now been pushed back to September. Fear not, brave carrier-captains, because a beta will soon be along to satiate your old-made-new desires. There’s going to be a 20€ basic pre-order pack over here from April 6th, but you can also pay 40€ for some kind of deluxe one. Bohemia explain that the beta allows players access to the most interesting part of the game: “The beta, which will launch on April 6, offers a compressed version of the Strategic Campaign. Instead of following the Gaea Mission storyline, this mode spotlights the gameplay and is considered to be a great representative of the enormous amount of player freedom – as opposed to the more linear experiences seen in many other games.” I reckon the game looks pretty good, too, and I got my hands on it way back here. I’m rather excited to see how it has progressed, too!

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. wu wei says:

The original was my first PC game ever so I must admit to having nostalgia-fueled high hopes for this :)

2. Prime says:

Pesky delays! But at least it hasn’t gone the [unconfirmed] way of poor old Prey 2. Been too long since I’ve Commanded a Carrier.

And in the game.

3. ChainsawCharlie says:

Manta! Remember playing this on my old Amiga. What a great game it was.

4. LuNatic says:

While the concept is highly interesting, the gamescom trailer has me a bit worried as to the execution.

Firstly, its seems they have copied the washed-out grey and red colourset favoured by gears of war. I don’t consider myself a graphics whore, but can’t there be yellow sand on the beaches, green grass on the dirt , and blue-green water?

Secondly, and more worryingly, the world looks empty. The strategic screen shows a map on a scale like SupComs smaller 1v1 maps, but it only seems to be populated by 10-15 units?

Are we going to spend more time travelling through drab environments than we are actually fighting?

• Jim Rossignol says:

The scale was actually pretty tight in the preview, and enemy units come out to engage you. There was no shortage of action on the strategy map. The visuals are perhaps a little drab, but I am more concerned about the way the game handles the overall battle across the archpelago, and the control of the vehicles.

• Turin Turambar says:

“Firstly, its seems they have copied the washed-out grey and red colourset favoured by gears of war. ”

Uhh… what screenshots have you seen? Because i have seen green lush islands, ice based islands, volcanic islands, etc etc. Example
      link to
      link to

5. Tom De Roeck says:

I threw some money in their general direction. Now when does all of this start?!

6. Burky says:

been waiting for this for quite a while, surprising that it’s only $20 Australian