Carrier Command Pre-Order Beta, Delayed Release

By Jim Rossignol on April 4th, 2012 at 10:00 am.

Last time we head from Bohemia’s remake of the 1980s vehicular action-strategy masterpiece it was due for a “Q2″ release, but that’s now been pushed back to September. Fear not, brave carrier-captains, because a beta will soon be along to satiate your old-made-new desires. There’s going to be a 20€ basic pre-order pack over here from April 6th, but you can also pay 40€ for some kind of deluxe one. Bohemia explain that the beta allows players access to the most interesting part of the game: “The beta, which will launch on April 6, offers a compressed version of the Strategic Campaign. Instead of following the Gaea Mission storyline, this mode spotlights the gameplay and is considered to be a great representative of the enormous amount of player freedom – as opposed to the more linear experiences seen in many other games.” I reckon the game looks pretty good, too, and I got my hands on it way back here. I’m rather excited to see how it has progressed, too!

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. wu wei says:

The original was my first PC game ever so I must admit to having nostalgia-fueled high hopes for this :)

2. Prime says:

Pesky delays! But at least it hasn’t gone the [unconfirmed] way of poor old Prey 2. Been too long since I’ve Commanded a Carrier.

And in the game.

3. ChainsawCharlie says:

Manta! Remember playing this on my old Amiga. What a great game it was.

4. LuNatic says:

While the concept is highly interesting, the gamescom trailer has me a bit worried as to the execution.

Firstly, its seems they have copied the washed-out grey and red colourset favoured by gears of war. I don’t consider myself a graphics whore, but can’t there be yellow sand on the beaches, green grass on the dirt , and blue-green water?

Secondly, and more worryingly, the world looks empty. The strategic screen shows a map on a scale like SupComs smaller 1v1 maps, but it only seems to be populated by 10-15 units?

Are we going to spend more time travelling through drab environments than we are actually fighting?

Tom De Roeck says:

I threw some money in their general direction. Now when does all of this start?!

6. Burky says:

been waiting for this for quite a while, surprising that it’s only $20 Australian