New Ravaged Trailer Flips Trucks, Birds

By Nathan Grayson on April 5th, 2012 at 9:30 am.

I can't see where I'm going!
Remember Ravaged? Judged on looks, it’s the result of a scintillating, sensual night of passionate discussion about how it’d be really cool if there was a multiplayer shooter that mixed Battlefield’s raging multiplayer with RAGE’s battlefields. And now, via the natural miracle that is game development, here we are. The new trailer comes as part of something big 2Dawn is “about to kick out the door” (read: probably the beta), and features so many explosions that we may well be in the post-post-apocalypse before this thing is over. Stick around long enough and you’ll also catch a faint, middle-finger-flavored hint of Duke Nukem in there because… I don’t really know. The rest looks quite nice, though. Dig beneath this post’s irradiated ruins to give it a watch.

Currently, Ravaged is set for full release sometime this summer, but a pre-order will net you beta access and maybe a pony. But probably not. The pony would be purely coincidental.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. iARDAs says:

I believe this game will either be good or bad. Perhaps average.

2. CaspianRoach says:

Looks like Battlefield on crack.

3. Cytrom says:

That actually looked surprisingly good. If someone said that this is a multiplayer dlc for rage, I’d have believed them… but without rage to be there as a SP component, I don’t think I’d buy a game like this on its own. Doesn’t look too enticing as a standalone package.

4. BathroomCitizen says:

I’m having breakfast right now, but this desert looks really inviting

5. P4p3Rc1iP says:

See how that crashed car slides across the dunes as if it was on ice? If only the sand in games would actually work like sand, digging in with your wheels, getting stuck, providing actual friction, etc.

6. Tunips says:

For a moment there I thought it had eschewed ironsights.
    I miss alternate fire modes.

7. Stevostin says:

I am really excited by this. I can’t go to BF3 – it’s certainly is a good game, but it’s military pron (which is to me like watching gay pron when you’re not gay), and it’s forcing Origin in my throat (no sir). OTOH this is me playing for my ass rather than a government, this is simple “no BS” weapon, women with real asses, giving the finger, good sensations, wide open space (notice how popular player made map always include way more space than vanilla maps on most FPS) and I really do like the visual and the art, no BS post Apo that seems to come out of Mad Max rather than a teenager’s comic book.

8. Shooop says:

Because what the gaming world needs is more brown/gray/tan color palates.

9. carn1x says:

A massive sand cloud trail will make me very excited about this game, but as it is, the environment is just not being embraced and makes me frustrated.

10. LuNatic says:

Riddick is looking a tad old these days.

11. Brothabear says:

Yea because I didn’t already mention this on the FORUMS….Classy editors here.

12. hippyjon says:

Does this remind ayone else of brink?

13. Lucky Main Street says:

A post-apocalyptic Interstate ’76 would be pretty rad. Not a fan of the jockularity though.

14. Puckoidiot says:

While it looks promising, I think it could use with some more polishing during summer and a later release date.

15. Brise Bonbons says:

This is going to be another one of those FPS games that has a nice little launch, gets great critical reviews, and then quickly sinks into obscurity with just the one server that’s always about half full, isn’t it?

Well, no more for me, I have other things to spend my money on. I hate being so pessimistic about and entire genre of indie games, but my Steam library is riddled with the ruins of playerless but fun FPSs.

Damn you, PC gamers. Why must you abandon all that is lovely and unique?

EDIT From the pre-order page (for basic package): “All Weapons, Vehicles, Maps Unlocked for the shipping game.” Does this mean F2P? Day one weapons DLC? Shortcut past the unlock grind? I don’t understand.

16. Chaz says:

That’s a reasonably old gameplay trailer though isn’t it, as I’m sure I remember having seen that before?

Anyway if there isn’t a protect the fuel tanker mode, as it moves from one base to another, then they’ve really missed a trick. They could do some really good Battle Cars/Car Wars type things with this game.

• Brise Bonbons says:

EDIT: The kickstart page indicates they have capture the resources mode, but is incredibly vague about what that entails. Withholding comment until we get more details.

17. wowtgp says:

i just wanted to let you know that they have just kickstarted this project.

• Brise Bonbons says:

Sigh. From the kickstart page:

“Why is this different from other first person shooters?

Focus on Fun

Vehicles are fun to drive
      Crazy melee combat
      Fast-paced mayhem
      Cool characters
      Great new game mode”

Someone needs to make a “how to setup your kickstarter” video that consists of a guy shouting “BE FUCKING SPECIFIC” for 10 minutes.

Seriously, “fast-paced mayhem” is what distinguishes their game from other shooters? Cool characters??

18. Muzman says:

If the trailer is any indication we can at least say YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HEAR THE GAME FAIRLY EASILY, somewhere down the street.

Comment on this story