Battlefield Heroes’ Cartoon Lunacy

By Adam Smith on April 19th, 2012 at 4:30 pm.

It's To The Moon's sequel

I thought Battlefield Heroes already had maps set on the moon. It seems like the kind of zany adventure the warring cartoons would be keen to partake in but it turns out this is their first time off-planet. There have been robots, festive firefights, halloween horrors and plenty of other additions deserving of the descriptors ‘oddball’ and ‘wacky’. And now it’s the turn of the moon to have colourful men bunny hopping all over its face. All is explained in the videofilm below.

Whisper it, but I actually quite enjoyed that. Mostly the bits before the shooting started, to be sure, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It may be the most obvious gag imaginable, but the flag is an amusing trigger, and the red and blue rockets are quite majestic soaring across the void.

The actual content seems slight compared to the grandeur of the announcement. One new map with moon gravity, and some new weapons and costumes. The kosmonaut and astronaut sets are currently on sale for 6,999 points, which means you’d have to spend £7.99 for 12,000 points to seal yourself inside one of those skintight numbers. However, it’s probably a functioning toilet as well as a garment so there is that.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Squire says:

Wait, £7.99 for one skin. Is that the usual for F2P games like this? Seems criminally over priced to me, Its just a low-poly model/texture.

2. Kdansky says:

Am I the only one who still thinks that BFH misses the cartoony style (employed by TF2) completely and just ends up at “bad animations” instead, because they mistake “caricature” for “ignore the laws of physics”?

• clockwerkgoblin says:

this could have been a blast in 2002.

Too lazy to design maps? Let’s leave it to the random terrain generator, paint it gray, and call it the Moon!

3. apa says:

Needs more co… I mean, Iron Sky!

4. mentor07825 says:

I guess you could say that the lack of comments on this article just goes to show how much interest this game garners.

5. Eraysor says:

This just makes me miss Shattered Horizon. I adored that game when it still had players…

6. Tei says:

FUN FACTS: NASA is built on top the expertise of the Nazy rockets scientist.

7. Mr. Mister says:

Well, BH trailers are always funny.

“Thank God, that was the worst 5 minutes of my life.”

8. Ravelle says:

I used to play this when it was just released, had some fun with it and was pretty good with the sniper, but the buy customes/weapons with real money for only a limited of time killed it for me.

Comment on this story