Moebius Money, No Problems

By Alec Meer on May 8th, 2012 at 12:00 pm.

I might kickstart a portal to another dimension

Hmm, maybe we need to somehow add a live Kickstarter ticker feed to the site to save ourselves a trinity of blogging. The ritual seems to be: 1) news of returning dev/series via crowdsourcing 2) interview with said dev 3) news that funding targets have been reached. Reaching step 3 today is Jane ‘Gabriel Knight’ Jensen, whose new studio Pinkerton Road is working on GK-inspired supernatural pointer-clickerer Moebius.

Pinkerton’s Kickstarter has reached $312,000 of its $300,000 target, with 11 days left on the clock. Obviously, they’d like more, so they’ve added assorted new tiers and rewards including ebook version of the old Gabriel Knight novels, design bibles and all sorts. Also revealed is that Pinkerton is working on another, more conventionally-funded adventure game, which copies of are available to Moebius funders who lob $50 into that hat (to get both) or $16 (to choose one or the other game). Vidja-based details below.

A little more on Moebius, and on project 2:

And a peek at Pinkerton’s dev process:

What a lot of adventure games we’re going to see in 2012/13. I thought they were supposed to be dead? (Runs).

More Moebius details here.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. OrangyTang says:

Francis The Talking France will not be amused.

2. G-Lord says:

The project is a perfect example how to do a Kickstarter campaign:
    -Providing many updates in video form
    -Setting up a poll for backers very early
    -Offer nice goodies

3. Bhazor says:

I’d love to celebrate but I can’t find my car keys to get to the shop to buy a party hat. Guess I’ll have to rent a moped.

4. Yachmenev says:

Yeah, you better run Alec Meer, run!

5. Bhazor says:

“[F]unders who lob $50 into that hat (to get both) or $16 (to choose one or the other game).”

That pricing confuses me.

• fov says:

There’s more to the $50 tier than just two games. At $16 or $30 you get one game (and a small amount of other stuff). At $50 you get two games (and a bunch more other stuff).

6. outoffeelinsobad says:

Malachi Rector? Really? We jumped all over Miles Kilo, but we’ll let this one slide? I daresay this community gives Jensen too much credit.

Also, I lived in Lancaster County, PA for years, and I can tell you that nothing good or even out-of-the-ordinary ever happens there. It’s like Midwest-by-the-East-Coast.

7. Fierce says:

Hope Starlight Inception gets funded in time. I’ve set an alarm to check it in 10 hours.

8. Bungle says:

I just came here to compliment Mr. Meer on his article title.

Comment on this story