Rezzed Announces Talk Of The Future Of Total War

By John Walker on May 30th, 2012 at 11:00 am.

I choose to pronounce it REZ-ZED.

Rezzed, the first PC and indie games show this 6th and 7th July, is adding more and more reasons to make sure you’re there. As if knowing that we’ll be there isn’t enough, last week we revealed that Borderlands 2 will be playable, along with a sweet demo of XCOM: Enemy Unknown to watch. And now we can tell you that Creative Assembly will be there to talk about the future of Total War.

The studio has been around for 25 years this year, and to celebrate they’ll be offering a presentation called “25 Years Of The Creative Assembly”, part of which will involve an exclusive first look at their plans for the future of the series. OoooOOOOoooo. Says lead designer James Russell,

“I’ll be at Rezzed giving a talk on the making of the Total War series, and showing a sneak peek of what we’re doing next. Exciting times – see you there!”

See – he said the same thing I did. Now you know it’s FACT. That presentation will be at 1pm on 6th July.

There will also be hands on time with Aliens: Colonial Marines, Prison Architect, Xenonauts, and loads of others, along with an announced presentation from Stainless Games about Kickstarting Carmageddon. There’s also the Leftfield Collection, an indie showcase, because we would flat-out not be okay if that weren’t a part of it. (If you’d like your game to be involved, get in touch with this man.) Oh, and there’s a bunch more yet to be announced, as we perpetually hype you into a state of being unable to resist buying tickets. Did we mention that we’ll be there? Actual us. You could try to touch us before our teams of bodyguards snatch you away and break your kneecaps out back.

Tickets are rather reasonable at £12 for a day, or £20 for both. You can buy them here. And you can bet your bum we’ll have more to announce as time goes on.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Alexander Norris says:

The studio has been around for 25 years this year

Oh Jesus, I knew they were founded in the late 80s but I hadn’t made that connection. A quarter of a century is a hell of a long time for a dev studio to be around.

• John Connor says:

That’s almost enough time to load a Shogun 2 battle.

Can’t say I’m interested in their next game unless the load times are gone or at least significantly reduced.

• Malarious says:

Solution: get an SSD. Suddenly, loading takes under 20 seconds. Be the envy of your multiplayer opponents!

• John Connor says:

You know, when I was a kid with a toybox, hardware that was required to play the game properly was usually included with the game or at least specified on the front of the box.

2. RogerMellie says:

Always loved the idea of the Total War games but Shogun 2 was the first one I actually loved playing.

Looking forward to the next instalment very much :)

3. Shockeh says:

I’d really, really like to go, but Brighton? Brighton?!

There’s a reason the NEC is in the middle of the country guys.

• Zorganist says:

Isn’t Eurogamer based in Brighton, though? And Alec as well, I think. Seems like it would be easier to organise this sort of event when you’re based around where it’s being hosted.

• Shockeh says:

I agree completely it’d be easier. But it’d also be easier for me to never leave the house, but if I want other people to be involved, I kinda have to.

But then, we have CCP in Iceland, so what do I know. :)

• Frosty840 says:

I checked the hotel prices for Brighton at the height of summer…

Needless to say, I shall not be attending Rezzed, this year, which is a shame, as I’d quite liked to have gone.

4. felisc says:

That tag makes me wonder, is it madatory to touch you if i buy a ticket ? Can’t i just wave “hello” ?

5. genosse says:

The “Rezzed” textlink gives a 404, thought I let you know.

6. Didero says:

This may be a bit obvious, but I’d just like to be absolutely sure:
    The entire show will be posted about extensively, right? Because there’s no way I’ll be able to be there, but I’m very much interested in Prison Architect, and I’m sure there’ll be a good indie game or two that I haven’t heard about before.

7. LuNatic says:

What do I want?
    40,000: Total War!
    When do I want it?
    After an entirely reasonable development and QA cycle!

• Mordsung says:

There really isn’t a genre of game around that I wouldn’t want to see turned into a 40k game.

8. Turquoise Days says:

I’m irrationally pleased that I am the same age as Creative Assembly. Also, feeling old.

You know what would be a nice anniversary event? A return of Time Commanders, I loved that show.

9. ukpanik says:

Innovative bugs & advanced game breaking is their future.

10. enobayram says:

Have fun at Rezzed guys, I wish I didn’t have to apply for a visa to join you…

11. MOIDALIZE says:

Creative Assembly to announce that they will finally be releasing the enemy AI as an expansion for Empire: TW.

12. anduin1 says:

Please be Rome 2, Please be Rome 2, Please be Rome 2…

• Vinraith says:

Longbow’s Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar is liable to do a better job with that era than anything CA could put out, IMO.