Come To Rezzed In Brighton On July 6th/7th!

By Jim Rossignol on June 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm.

Play this!
Comrades! Come and celebrate the rightness of the one true format with us in Brighton in July.

Friday 6th and Saturday 7th at the Brighton Centre will feature presentations from heroes of PC gaming such as Introversion and The Creative Assembly, playable as-yet-unreleased games like Aliens: Colonial Marines and Borderlands 2, and even a 15-minute developer demo of Firaxis’ X-COM title. The RPS men will be there, drinking tea, probably. Or perhaps a refreshing juice. Or coffee in John’s case. He’s almost an American. But never mind that: come, join us! Because there’s a bunch of other stuff going on, too: a quiz, board games, indie games, and some RPS readers’ drinks and gentle chat in the evening at a nearby pub.

It’s called Rezzed, in case you missed that, and tickets are available now, Now, NOW!

__________________

« | »

1. Squire says:

Do something in Scotland, Glasgow would be even better.

• Sinomatic says:

This.

I’d even take Newcastle. Just somewhere actually northern for a change.

• ReV_VAdAUL says:

I’m Northern too and would love this to happen but sadly with the population clumped mostly in the South East it is always going to make more economic and practical sense to hold a thing in the South if you’re only going to hold one of that thing.

Which sucks.

• Malibu Stacey says:

Thirded (or fourthed). Not in the mood to travel the entire length of the country.
      Glasgow next time please, failing that no further south than the M62 corridor would be most appreciated.

2. KauhuK says:

I would if I could afford traveling there from Finland. ;_;

3. Sp4rkR4t says:

I’m thinking about it, just wondering if there will be enough to do for my daughter as she wants to come as well (she’s 12 and quite the gamer).

• Jim Rossignol says:

I believe there’s a 16 age limit on the door because of the age-rated content on the games on show.

• Varanas says:

Quoted from http://www.rezzed.com/faq

Are there any age restrictions for Rezzed?
      You need to be at least 16 years of age to attend Rezzed on your own. Under 16s are permitted to attend but will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
      The expo will feature a number of 18+ rated games. Under 18s will not be permitted in the over 18s area even if they are accompanied by a parent.

4. Godwhacker says:

Sounds fun, but where’s the LAN? It’s a PC show after all…

5. Drayk says:

Seems fun but it’s too expensive to take the Eurostar for me at the moment.

Btw how far is a brighton from London by train ? An hour ?

6. Maritz says:

I only live just over an hour away, plus I already had the Friday booked off work anyway. So all the signs are pointing towards it being a possibility.

7. martiuk says:

I’m already going, coming with 4 other bros, we payed for both days + a thursday night pub crawl.

8. MOKKA says:

I wished I could go but I don’t have enough money to buy a new PC AND to travel to another country.

9. Vexing Vision says:

If I wouldn’t start a new job in a new town on the 2nd of July, I’d be so there. :(

Next year then. Brighton is a lovely piece of earth despite being in the UK.

• Inglourious Badger says:

Excuse me, I beleive you mistyped something there. You wrote “despite” instead of “as one would expect”. I do hope you forgive me for my frightful impertinance for raising this with you.

Yours graciously,

Toodle-pip

10. Feartheflames says:

Already booked! Looking forward to it.

11. Jaste says:

Is there something else going on around brighton at the same time? Because trying to find accommodation around there is a nightmare.

• mondomau says:

Brighton can be like that at pretty much any time, but especially during what passes for ‘Summer’. Weddings, Hen & Stags, general seaside hollibobs etc.

12. Yargh says:

Tickets have been acquired. See you all on the Saturday

13. grundus says:

I believe I shall be attending, however I do not have a ticket yet because of a GTX 680-sized hole in my wallet. We shall see.

14. MacBeth says:

Wish I could go but in a (prolonged) fit of (temporary) insanity I signed up to do a sponsored walk of 100km (in <30hrs) to Brighton, but it's the following weekend so it doesn't really fit in my plans to go there for a gamesfest, even one such as this!

15. Frosty840 says:

I did have a look at booking something, but the hotel prices are an absolute kick in the balls, so I sha’n't be attending.

Maybe book something closer to the wider UK in future, eh?

16. Hirmetrium says:

Will this run next year by any chance?

17. Haphaz77 says:

Not been to one of these before, but I’ll give it a go on Saturday – Introversion, XCOM and Xenonauts should all be fine to see.

I assume there will be a RPS Social-style event(s) with Beer and gaming chat?

18. TinFoilAndy says:

Tickets purchased, friends notified, looking forward to it!

19. Warth0g says:

This looks great, I’ll be there! Wait, no I won’t, I live in China now…. damn globalisation!!

Comment on this story