Lego Batman 2′s Dynamic Demo

By Adam Smith on June 19th, 2012 at 11:00 pm.

I looked at this picture wrong and thought Batman had a broken neck. Now I can't see it any other way.

No signal shone in the sky to announce the presence of a PC demo for Lego Batman 2 but I found it anyway, lurking over at the official website. The portion contained is the beginning of the game which means there’s no chance to explore the Gotham hub, just a brick-bopping jaunt through the Man of the Year ceremony, where Bruce Wayne beats “some bald guy from Metropolis”. Release is today in the US, the 22nd in the EU and the 27th in Australia. Obviously. We’ll take a look as soon as possible. Here’s the demo.

My reservations regarding the voices have been banished – they work wonderfully – and there are some fantastic touches, such as Batman’s sensor suit showing the minifig skeletons of nearby enemies. There are also annoying and blatant invisible walls, as well as some unclear goals (maybe I’m just tired) but despite those quibbles I’m expecting greatness in the full game.

__________________

« | »

, , , , , .

1. Flukie says:

Haven’t had much interested in since Star Wars, I played a bit of Harry potter mind, worth coming back to now?

2. magnus says:

How am I supposed to get my parents to help with the download at this time of night?

3. wccrawford says:

It drives me nuts that I can’t find anywhere to buy a downloadable version of this game. If I want it, I’m going to have to drive to a store or wait for a disc in the mail.

Please, LEGO, put this Steam. Or Origin. (Not GameFly. Hate that downloader, it always screws up on me.) Or GoG. Just please, let me download it.

• valient says:

I know what you mean i look and look all over online and could not find it, i think it will likely show up later on places like steam other lego games always do but for now i went a local PC store and purchase a disk copy, boy it has been a while since i got a physical copy of a PC game.

• zeekthegeek says:

I got even more desperate and looked at Direct2Drive, Impulse, GFWL, Gamersgate. Nothing. There is no way to digitally download this game. It /is/ out though, as far as I can tell. What the hell, TT

• destx says:

The game has been added to the steam registry, so it should show up there soon.

Anyone know if it has online co-op?

• zeekthegeek says:

Tried the demo but I didn’t see any way to connect online, just Options to reassign controls to use a second player.

• valient says:

I’ve been playing with my 6 year old son, very fun version for sure with lots of open world things to do and you can get into land, sea and air vehicles. Character flying (Superman etc) is well done as well, has only local Co op so using my old xbox 360 controllers to play.

4. Tuggy Tug says:

BATFACE?

5. DickSocrates says:

This may possibly (and I stress possibly in the strongest, er, possible terms) be the first Lego game I buy. But only for £5 whenever that day may pass. And to be honest, not even then. So yeah, I just wasted your time.

6. Jackablade says:

Took the demo for a spin. Looks like they’ve got some amusing new features – interesting implementations of the alternate suits for Batman and Robin and such like that open up some possibilities for puzzles and level traversal. Beyond that it’s about what you’d expect really – breaking furniture, collecting studs, looking for mini kits and occasionally punching a bad guy who wanders into your path of destruction. No sign of the JLA crew in the demo.

7. The white guar says:

So…will lego batman 2 feature an elderly Robin with a white moustache?

8. Ravelle says:

Oh is it coming to PC afer all? Last time I checked there was no word of it, this makes me a happy man.

9. adonf says:

The link in the article is dead, the demo can now be found there:
    I know it’s an old post, but this may be useful to someone (or at least to me when I get to my gaming PC)

Comment on this story