Cans Do: Peter Molyneux To Speak At Rezzed

By Jim Rossignol on June 27th, 2012 at 10:00 am.

Okay, just one more Rezzed announcement, perhaps: Peter Molyneux will be speaking to the assembled Rezzed audience about 22 Cans, the Curiosity app, and likely much more, at 4pm on Friday 6th July. That’s just the hyperbolic cherry on top of all the other superb stuff that’s going on at our event in Brighton, on the 6th and 7th of July. As well as hearing Mr Molyneux talk about his plans now that he’s free of Microsoft, there are tonnes of playable games, and even some core Hivemind nodes wandering about. You should probably be there.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Njordsk says:

I’m eagerly waiting for the new total war annoucement !

And molyneux.. yeah. Long time I don’t listen to him anymore.

2. Sweedums says:

I really hope you guys do well off of this, because I can’t make it this year so I hope it’s on again next year!

3. Camerooni says:

Hope he shows up.. Was meant to be in Melbourne, Aus for the Game Masters exhibition.. His ‘In conversation with’ was meant to be last night but they notified on Sunday that it was cancelled due to a death in the family.

4. Epsilon says:

Syndicate was designed by Sean Cooper, coprogrammed by Phillip Jones who handled the ai. Dungeon Keeper was a cooperative design between Peter Molyneux, Jonty Barnes, Dene Carter, Simon Carter, Mark Healey and Alex Peters. Of the Bullfrog games it’s only Populous that was only a design by Peter Molyneux, which helps explain why his recent games have been shit.
    It’s like the early Star Wars films, they were not all directed or created by George Lucas, it was not entirely his vision, on the other hand the recent ones were. And they, like Molyneux’s recent games were quite shit.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Hear hear. Molyneux is a bit of a hack.

• Phantoon says:

George was the creative drive, everyone else just reined in the lunatic/made any of it work.

Peter can actually make games, but the same principle applies. Turns out when you have total freedom with no one to rein you in, you make crap (Fable 2, Star Wars Prequels).

5. rustybroomhandle says:

Those two holes on his head… is that what he uses to jack into the matrix?

6. noodlecake says:

I was scrolling down the page really hoping that someone wasn’t going to randomly bash him (jealousy clearly). It would have genuinely made my day. One negative comment isn’t as bad as I was expecting though. *sigh*

7. Hodge says:

Fuck living in the Antipodes.

8. Yglorba says:

Observation: Every game pictured there is from at least fifteen years ago.

Just sayin’. I think part of the problem the videogame world has is that we’re not good at associating who really makes a game good, so we get famous names who honestly aren’t all that talented. In the film industry, there’s great directors and great actors, but in games? Most of the time when the industry hypes up a name, they lose the magic the moment they switch to a different team… which suggests that, you know, maybe we fixated on the wrong name out of Bullfrog in the first place?

I’m just saying, can we go back and choose someone else from that era to be famous instead of Molyneux? Please? It’s all right to admit we made a mistake and gave the credit to the wrong dude. We can fix it now.

9. NamelessPFG says:

*sees Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, and Populous represented in the article image…but no Magic Carpet*

I’m disappointed. Magic Carpet needs more love, and I’m still waiting on a third game.

Not that there’s anything wrong with the other Bullfrog games at all…

Comment on this story