You’ll Never Guess What Adult Swim’s Adding To TF2

By Nathan Grayson on June 28th, 2012 at 8:00 am.

I managed to dig through code and find this image with no prior knowledge of how code actually works because I AM A WIZARD.
Everyone, I have some regrettable news: I woke up this morning with the sudden realization that – in my heart of hearts – my truest wish has always been to lead a life of megalomaniacal supervillainy. So, incredibly long and spellbindingly interesting story short, I’ve wired the entire world to explode. Unless! You can tell me – without glancing about one nanometer below this sentence – what’s come of the Team Fortress team-up between Adult Swim and Valve. Mwahahaha, I can smell your fea– yeah, it’s a hat. Well, damn. I guess I’ll just go back to writing about videogames, then.

Specifically, the hat’s themed after popular Seth-Green-plays-with-action-figures television program, Robot Chicken, and can be obtained by signing up for Adult Swim’s newsletter. So basically, it’s a semi-diabolical means of roping you into a long-term commitment with the promise of More. So they say: “You’ll be the first to know when we have MORE new stuff coming down the ol’ Steam pipe-hole… Because this ain’t the last you’ll hear from Adult Swim and Valve. Stay tuned.”

And then there’s this bit from a related FAQ, which could mean anything: ”Q. Are you making a Team Fortress cartoon? A. Go ask your mother.” In some cultures, of course, that means “Duh. What else would we be doing?” But in others, it translates to “Gah, stop asking that and go away.” Most likely, however, they mean it literally, so I’ll place an Official Journalistic Telephone Call to my mom, and I’m certain we’ll have this whole thing straightened out in a jiffy.

In other news, hot (oho!) on the heels of Meet The Pyro, Valve introduced (ohohoho!) the last batch of update items with this amazing Pyroland page. To answer your burning (KILL ME I CAN NO LONGER CONTROL THIS) questions, yes, the bubble-blowing horn thing is a real weapon and – as you probably suspected – Balloonicorn is a total alcoholic.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. LionsPhil says:

>Pyrovision goggles

Oh Valve.

2. Ninja Foodstuff says:

Glad to see Valve has clearly been paying attention to all the feedback about their hype machine.

I feel a spell of “boy who cried wolf” coming on soon.

Next week: Valve teases us with the announcement of an announcement of a patch that corrects a spelling mistake.

• ReV_VAdAUL says:

Either this is a fakeout, which, if you squint a bit, you could imagine Adult Swim doing jokingly and they’re just messing with us with it being only a hat or this is utter shit.

I mean even if it is a fakeout it hasn’t left me well disposed to whatever Valve and Adult’s Swim’s potential actual venture is.

3. Dana says:

I asked my mom, and she said to me: “Get a job, hippy”. Confirmed !

4. BenA says:

From the Pyroland web page: “light them on fire.” Gah! It’s “set them on fire”.

Silly Merkins.

• HexagonalBolts says:

Nearly as mildly irritating as games mistaking ‘electrify’ and ‘electrocute’ for one another.

• roryok says:

it’s not wrong, but it annoys me when people say “obligated” instead of “obliged”

• Mungrul says:

My personal bugbear, that I’ve had to learn to suppress?
          When people write “Reticule” instead of “Reticle”. The former has become accepted through common use, but the latter is the more traditional spelling.
          The former was more frequently used to describe a small bag for ladies.

• Froibo says:

You Brits are a silly sort.

• IAmUnaware says:

The knowledge that I’m not the only one who recognizes that “reticle” is proper has made me happier than it has any right to.

• wodin says:

Alan Partridge…

• MadJax says:

I still say the worst part is Americans allergy to the letter U.

Mum, Colour, Honour, Valour, Armour etc etc etc

• inawarminister says:

Well they’re allergic to u, at least.
          (bad pun thread? Bad pun thread. British spelling is the best spelling too)

• lurkalisk says:

I, being a United Station, generally defer to the British spelling of various words, except, notably, where “Aluminium” is concerned. It’s quite false on all counts, as it is the third, and least legitimate of the bitter-salt names (“Alumium” being the first, and “Aluminum” being the second, and more correct of them).

If I recall correctly, “Aluminium” came about ’cause some jerk basically said “Aluminum” didn’t have a properly classical sound about it. As I see it, Davy said it was “Aluminum”, and so it is.

• Mattressi says:

I know! It’s like they think English should be a phonetic language or something!

5. Coccyx says:

I totally suggested giving the rest of the team the optical masks yesterday to my friend.

6. Kulvurt says:

In related news we now know how EA’s marketing department see’s the world.

7. McDan says:

Now Nathan, you’ve lit the fuse for the opportunity to some bad puns.

8. absolofdoom says:

Get robot chicken hat and vintage pyrovision goggles for free, then sell them a few months later. For in-game items, or you know, real money. Those people are crazy.

Trust me, it’s worth the 5 seconds to put “Biggus Dickus” into adult swim’s account thing and then fire up TF2.

9. kimded says:

Now if only I could get TF2 to actually finish downloading…

10. Ninja Dodo says:

So they’re going to put the best TF2 films by the community on Adult Swim as a series then.