Little Inferno Teaser Burns Toys, Memories

By Jim Rossignol on July 11th, 2012 at 7:00 pm.

Tomorrow Corporation (Kyle “World Of Goo” Gabler, Allan “Worked At EA” Blomquist, Kyle “Henry Hatsworth” Gray) have released a trailer for their forthcoming game, Little Inferno. It tells of a world which is suffering a mysterious ice-age, and children who must burn toys to stay warm.

Yes, it’s a bit odd. See it below.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. squareking says:

So…World of Goo 2?

2. misterT0AST says:

A bit too dramatic for my taste. It should be more subtle to make more impact. Because I say so.

• jimjam says:

Ou oh! Trying to be clever I see.
      Who is this game aimed at?
      Young kids would be better served playing with real fire ( we can all remember the fun with that) & us older peeps have already done this stuff already….
      So who wants to pretend to burn pretend stuff?

3. Orija says:

This teaser has me all fired up for the game.

4. Faldrath says:

Oh no, a thinly veiled smokescreen for a pun thread :(

5. pakoito says:

Too creepy for my own taste. Luckily in Spain there’s good weather.

6. symuun says:

Well, this is disturbing as all hell. I want to play it. Now.

• Xzi says:

My thoughts as well. Just disturbing enough to pique my interest. Of course, World of Goo had a similarly disturbing style to it, but I didn’t feel as bad about messing up the lives of goo balls.

• Kollega says:

I don’t know why you think this is disturbing, but it’s obviously not disturbing enough. The only thing i got out of the trailer is that the theme song is catchy. Maybe it’s because IИ SФVIЭТ ЯЦSSIД, everyone has to burn their toys to stay alive. In the snow! Uphill! Both ways!

(Or, to be less of a twit, i want to say that the premise is not nearly as disturbing as certain other works. Go read Battle Royale or Nineteen Eighty-Four to see what i mean.)

7. Bob_Bobson says:

Someone broke into my head and decided to make what lurks there into my perfect game. And that someone(s) includes Kyle Gabler. Awesome!

8. lowprices says:

I sense an outraged Daily Mail campaign in the making. “Sick videogame encourages children to play with fire, claims disgusted Keith Vaz.”

9. Stevostin says:

A bit odd ? Even I found it creepy.

10. cylentstorm says:

Well, color me intrigued. World of Goo was great, and the “message” was received. So–any details on the game behind the trailer?

11. Fumarole says:

Am I the only person here who burned their toys? Y’all are weird.

12. RakeShark says:

Seems Gabler still has a musical chop or two after World of Goo. Certainly channeling his inner Danny Elfman.

13. thealienamongus says:

The Little Match Girl -http://www.online-literature.com/hans_christian_andersen/981/

Can’t watch video atm but this “It tells of a world which is suffering a mysterious ice-age, and children who must burn toys to stay warm” made me think of it (the story is SO sad)

14. Tom Walker says:

This game can’t fail to be amazing, can it? I promise you it will be amazing. I know nothing of it, of course. It will be amazing.

15. Aimeelove says:

I am hotly anticipating this.

• Urthman says:

Well World of Goo’s gameplay was exactly like what we saw in the cutscenes that used this art style, so it should be obvious … that this tells us absolutely nothing about the game.

16. TechnicalBen says:

Let’s hope they don’t sell out to the consoles this time and sign a contract insisting they take down the PC sales store the day before I try to log in to purchase it like they did with World of Goo.

Me, feeling burned much? Yep.

17. Shadrach says:

Absolutely love the art style, and looks like the game will have a lot of humour. It’s a must buy for me.

• Belua says:

A must buy? Without even having seen gameplay? Or, for that matter, without even having a description of what the gameplay would be, if we were able to see some? I skimmed the game’s website and even there I couldn’t find anything like that. If I’m blind and/or wrong about that, feel free to disregard this comment.

Now, I’m all for supporting indies, I loved World of Goo and I will keep an eye on this, but despite all that, I won’t declare their games (or anyone else’s) “must buy” unseen based solely on a vague trailer (probably) telling us that they (probably) will have cutscenes with an interesting art style (which may or may not resemble the style found in the actual game) and (probably) some amount of humour.

• Shadrach says:

It’s a must buy for me since I loved their first game, and how good this one turns out is pretty irrelevant really, I will preorder just to support what they do, making original games. It it turns out shite I will not play it, and it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve shelled out $20 for a game I didn’t play, so not a big deal either way.

18. Keith Nemitz says:

I love the video! But I didn’t find a comment here that mentions one aspect.

It says to me, let’s all sit around our monitor screens and let the world go to hell.

silly rabbits, thinking this story’s about children burning toys…

Comment on this story