Important: Paradox And Cyanide Are Building An Impire

By Jim Rossignol on July 27th, 2012 at 11:00 am.

Look - a reference!
Paradox have announced that they will be publishing a new manage-baddies-in-dungeon sort of title from Cyanide. The game, which will be called Impire, features the machinations of micreant Imps, who must be kept happy if your realm of evil is to be kept in working order. The central character is a “demon imp” who can be customised up as you play. Needless to say, your demon imp and his minions will fight waves of baddies handsome good guys as they arrive in your subterranean realm, and you can also send raiding parties to the surface for loot.

The game will feature co-op options, and should appear early next year. First trailer below.

Thanks, Joystiq.

Pointless fact: Impire is actually an alternate spelling of Umpire.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. SuperDuperStormTrooper says:

I sure hope it’s a Dungeon Keeper 2 kind of game.

• DeVadder says:

I am bound to throw y money in their general direction, just for doing anything dungeon keeperish at all.
      If they add the possibility to control minions in first person, however, i… I have no idea what i would do, but it would express my happiness!
      Now to dust off that Dungeon Keeper 2 CD….

• SuperDuperStormTrooper says:

Get it on GoG you silly goose! It’s Windows 7 optimized.

• Wreckdum says:

The way the imps carry the sack after he breaks down the wall looks exactly like Dungeon Keeper… Here’s hopin.

• benkc says:

Sadly untrue; the Dungeon Keeper 2 on GOG works no better than my old CD version. Frequent crashes to desktop render the game quite hard to enjoy. It’s the only time I’ve been disappointed by a GOG purchase.

• Vinraith says:

Have you tried it since their most recent round of patching? It’s supposed to be much improved.

2. Screwie says:

Hmm, suddenly I wonder how much of the Dungeonbowl map editor spun off from this project.

3. Hmm-Hmm. says:

Urk.. demon imp? Is that the best they can come up with?

4. Evilpigeon says:

I always wish I more control over my minions in these games, it’s so impractical

5. Skeletor68 says:

I’m sure I’ve blocked it out of my memory before, but why can’t we get a D3 again?

I’ve kickstarted Nekro, will definitely get a Game of Dwarves so maybe next year will be to DK style games as this year is to ARPGs. As in, I will buy ALL of them.

6. Shiri says:

I have been so thoroughly disappointed by Cyanide’s games based on ostensibly good properties that I really have no faith in this one. I wish someone competent would do a reboot (and no I don’t mean you Kalypso, Dungeons was depressing and making it sound like DK was incredibly misleading.)

7. The Hammer says:

Impire? Oh my.

Here’s hoping for sequels such as Impire: Total War and Age of Impires.

8. Erik Aurum says:

So, a Dungeon Keeper-like?
    About damn time!

9. b0rsuk says:

I don’t think paradox and cyanide is a solid foundation for an empire.

10. pakoito says:

I just hope Paradox make Cyanide keep the game at some programming high standards (remember the Dice prediction in BloodBowl?)

11. Screwie says:

That is the most illegible title graphic I’ve seen in a long time.

Mpir might still be worth the look for the co-op play, though!

12. Kaira- says:

Cyanide and Paradox? So, this will be confirmed as the buggiest game since SĂ–LDNER and Big Rigs Racing?

• nimrod123 says:

i would say no actually, after the sots2 debarcale paradox has a new policy, they will can a game at the point of gold review if its looking to fail (see magnui maudi) even if it has a following and MM certainly had that on there forums (man was there blood and rage)

13. Rao Dao Zao says:

I hope people don’t get too impatient for this, they might say impolite things.

14. caddyB says:

Cyanide, eh?

15. Was Neurotic says:

Paradox are terrific. Hopefully this’ll be better than that German Dungeons crap we had recently.

16. TheApologist says:

Looked a little bit like Theme Hospital X Dungeon Keeper.

Essentially, they’re breeding the perfect game.

17. Ironclad says:

In before inevitable “dwarf fortress clone” idiots.

18. Superpat says:

While I did not find Cyanide’s prior games to be the best they could be, I do remember having a good time with them, especialy the game of thones rpg, so I am confident that this game will at least be of acceptable quality.

19. SkittleDiddler says:

Seeing “Cyanide” makes this an instant No Buy.

20. Baines says:

Paradox? So it will have 15 DLC packs, each containing a couple of new objects?

Comment on this story