Still Rotting On Your Lawn: Plants vs Zombies 2

By Alec Meer on August 20th, 2012 at 2:13 pm.

Best of all the news: Popcap have announced Plants vs Zombies 2.
Worst of all the news: We won’t get to play the vegetation vs vegetative tower defence sequel until late Spring next year.
Medium news: basically no details apart from that and “hordes of new Plant and Zombie types.” The press release makes up for it by saying “and mulch more” though.

I don’t know why you’re reading this bit. I can’t tell you anything else. The press release is quite funny though. I can share bits of it with you if you promise not to tell me off for pasting press releases. Do you promise? Do you? OK then:

“Spring is crullest curlie ungood time, and plantz grow dull roots,” noted an unidentified spokesperson. “So, we are meating you for brainz at yore house. No worry to skedule schedlue plan… we’re freee anytime. We’ll find you.”

Hey, you promised!

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. oWn4g3 says:

There have been rumors about a “restructuring” of Popcap by EA. Let’s hope our brainz won’t be affected by this.

2. trjp says:

I can’t work out why they didn’t originally call it “Lawn of the Dead” to be honest…

That said, somewhere there’s a man who came up with “Ski Resort Mogul” and is still gutted that no-one else on earth saw the pun….

3. xenphilos says:

For bad spellers, the zombies use punctuation pretty well.

• Bauul says:

Of course, good grammar education never leaves you. Even after death.

• abandonhope says:

When a life is punctuated by the tragedy of zombification, it dashes hopes. Afterward is a period for quiet reflection and personal space, marked by questions of how long it takes before a rotted colon becomes really putrid, and of who must put a bullet in the brain.

• Wabznasm says:

As a bad speller – Thanks for the clarification!

4. Lars Westergren says:

> “Hey, you promised!”

What, “give peas a chance?”. Nuts to that, I say.

5. Pliqu3011 says:

The nut. It stares at me. Angrily.

6. Lambchops says:

For further enquiries ring this number
    I rang it and asked about the mulch much more
    I was greeted with awkward groaning
    They had lied to me
    They had lied to me in their press release

7. Unaco says:

This story should be quite… fertile ground for some puns.

8. mckertis says:

“hordes of new Plant and Zombie types.”

I’m not sure why they bother. There were already way too many useless plant types, which is proven by the precise guides for the endless mode survival. What they SHOULD do is create more mini-games. I played them way, way more than the main game, especially the pot break one.

• bfandreas says:

I was a sucker for the endless mode. My god I can’t believe how serious I took this very casual game.

So this is the worst of all possible news since I may sink another couple of hundred hours into lawn defence.

This time I would like a very nice Android pot with mouse support.
      Pretty peas? With marigolds on top? The horrible alternative be to buy this game a carrot of times. Which would be gourd-aweful.

Aloe, heh, screw EA…

9. RegisteredUser says:

..coming exclusively as facebook app!

10. Sadraukar says:

STARING EYES?!

11. Jimbo says:

Tall-Nuts

12. Flavioli says:

I really hope they add some additional challenging modes to the main game… like maybe a mode where enemies take lots more hits to die, so the game becomes less easy. Aside from endless mode (which got a bit repetitive after a while) I didn’t feel like the game provided much of a challenge, and many of the plants were typically unused.

What the game really needs is a mode that forces you to use vegetation you don’t typically use… like, maybe you get to choose a single plant to keep and all the rest are randomized. Or maybe a mode where you can only place a certain amount of each plant. Modes like that, which force you to strategize.

13. neolith says:

Braaaaiiins…

14. smoke.tetsu says:

I hope it’s HD and widescreen this time. For part one only the toybox got HD and widescreen.

Comment on this story