Av A Moment For AVSEQ? Now On Steam

By John Walker on August 23rd, 2012 at 7:30 pm.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun is a famously impartial website, proudly free of self-serving behaviour, self-promotion or nepotism. We’re basically the New York Times of the gaming internet. And it is from this perspective that I tell you Jim’s gaming company, Big Robot, has just released their puzzle game AVSEQ on Steam.

You can get the puzzler for £3.50 if you want to. You don’t have to. You know, it’s just Jim’s business we’re talking about, and the livelihoods of all his colleagues. Don’t feel obliged to buy it. It’s you who has to look at yourself in the mirror.

Take a look at it in moving pictures:

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. PleasingFungus says:

I do like how you were too busy being self-effacing to give any actual description of the game in the text of the post, besides “it’s a puzzler” and “it’s 3 pounds 50″. What does it play like? Is there a demo? Who knows!

(Trailer looks nice, though)

2. Shantara says:

On an unrelated note – Kotor 2 is finally available on Steam!

3. kitzkar says:

Can’t see the gameplay because of the huge friggin text that’s constantly on screen!

4. kyrieee says:

So is this song from gameplay or is it something you composed? It’s pretty good

Also, 5:4 trailer, big up

5. caesarbear says:

Every level of AVSEQ is a music sequencer with 2.2300745198530623×10^43 possible audio permutations, thats 22 tredecillion in total!

I damn well better get an achievement for finding them!

6. MadTinkerer says:

Just a SEQ!

But seriously let’s see here…

HOLY COW KOTOR 2 AND DIN’S CURSE ARE ON STEAM RIGHT NOW.

Man, sometimes games are stuck on the coming soon list for months and sometimes they just sneak onto Steam without any fanfare. I missed out on KOTOR 2 when it was in shops, and now I can get a legit copy AND the full restoration mod is already available! Seems like it was worth the wait!

(And also I’ve heard Din’s Curse is good so I’ll grab that too.)

(And AVSEQ.)

7. Kirrus says:

Great! I can finally gift this to friends :)

8. Tom Walker says:

Ok, I’ll buy it. But if it’s not brilliant, I’m switching to GameSpot.

9. corbain says:

So Jim, will you be spilling the beans about sales performance pre- and post- steam availability? Would be really interesting to see some hard numbers. (i just bought it and really like it so far, more than audiosurf even)

Comment on this story