Found: Fifteen Minutes Of Lost Planet 3

By Jim Rossignol on August 28th, 2012 at 6:00 pm.

They're saying we copied Deadspace, the bastards. Oh god.
The Lost Planet games seem to divide people. They have their problems, it’s true, but there’s something in their native silliness and overwrought spectacle that I can’t help loving. Perhaps I am just a sucker for sci-fi catastrophe. Either way, it’s interesting to see just how Lost Planet 3 is dividing people, even fans of the original games, with the fresh cry of: “It’s all a bit frozen Dead Space.” Is that right? You can make some judgement of that for yourself, with fifteen minutes of the GamesCom demo below.

, .

Wisq says:

265.0º … but is that Celsius, Kelvin, or Fahrenheit? I must know!

• Brun says:

Shouldn’t be Kelvin, since there’s a degree symbol – in proper scientific notation there is no degree symbol when displaying temperature in Kelvin, as “Kelvin” itself is the unit (not “degrees Kelvin”).

Wisq says:

Ahh, of course, forgot about that. Which is good, because I assume it’s meant to imply “this is something hot”, when 265K would not be particularly hot whatsoever (unless you’re working with superconducters).

2. hypercrisis says:

The appeal of Lost Planet was always the scale and movement of the game, shoving it into some claustrophobic cover shooter defeats the point. This just looks like some bland xbox GoW knockoff dug up from 2008

3. bit.bat says:

What, so I’ll have to do more than survive?! OH, BOY…

4. SkittleDiddler says:

They Lost me at Capcom.

• Solidstate89 says:

Why did you even click, much less comment on this article? Did you think Capcom wasn’t making the THIRD game in the Lost Planet Franchise?

• Dominic White says:

Capcom aren’t making the game, though, which is the problem most of us have with it.

5. Zyrxil says:

I can’t believe they’re still using the Monster Blood = Heat = Energy thing. It’s the Matrix body heat logic all over again.

funkstar says:

I think it’s the developer (Spark Unlimited) that concerns most people. Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Legendary were both horrendously bad games

7. Snegletiss says:

So much creativity in the monsters…. :(

8. Dominic White says:

I’m just about the only person here that liked both of the first two Lost Planet games. The first was an old-school arcade time-attack shooter ala Metal Slug, but it just happened to be in 3D. The sequel was that expanded into a 4-player co-op game.

I have absolutely no interest in the third. It looks like a Dead Space knockoff, and is being farmed out to a studio that has only ever produced shovelware. Sad. Where have all of Capcom’s talent gone?

AlwaysRight says:

“After I passed out, I was thinking in the hospital: there are so many people at Capcom that, over the years, have disappeared at one time or another. Suddenly, in that bed I understood what happened to them… The day after a game is finished and goes off to manufacture there are ten empty desks, their previous occupants never to be seen again.”

• alundra says:

Ninja’d

I was just going to post about Yoshinori Ono. I think it all started to happen somewhere in between Street Fighter 25: The Quick Cash Grab and Resident Evil 15: The Idiots Will Purchase Anything With Our Name On IT.

A shame, back in the 80s and most of the 90s Capcom used to produce such gems.

• Vagrant says:

If it all started to happen in the ‘Quick Cash Grab’ ‘The Idiots Will Purchase Anything With Our Name On IT’ phase at Capcom, then by your own words it started in the 80s and 90s. Those Megaman games came out like clockwork! They were even worse in the 90s.

This strategy has also worked well for Activision.

• alundra says:

Kinda hard to understand why you were so desperate to reply to a random comment, specially since the second paragraphs was totally unrelated to the first.

I’ll grant you a point though so you can get on with your life, Megaman was good until the 4th, with some having an amount of the original spark, like the 8th.

Now, that Activision remark….tsk, tsk, tsk.

• FakeAssName says:

your not alone, LP was a great concept (sadly it had a shit plot that only the most hard core of goofy JRPG fans could stomach) that wasn’t marketed correctly.

but at least that LP spin off title looks to be quite bad ass.

9. aamosnyc says:

Would be funny if this were actually scarier than Dead Space 3, though.

10. Bobtree says:

LP2 is a terrific gem in the rough, but I only chanced $20 for my PS3 copy and it still needs a discount on PC. I’d love to play through it with my friends if they picked it up, but Capcom doesn’t seem to believe in Steam sales or 4-packs.

11. Jimmy Jazz says:

“Boss i just saw someone messing with this dish”

“Nope, everyone is accounted for”

Developer: That’s an example of *small* and *subtle* hints that not everything is as it seems.

Seriously?

LTK says:

I wish he’d just stop talking during the showcase. People aren’t getting your jabbering along to the game when they’re playing it, so stop stating the bleeding obvious!

12. d34thm0nk3y says:

Why do I feel like every game is a 3rd person cover-based shooter?

• ZIGS says: