Buy George! Broken Sword 5 Kickstarter Reaches Its Goal

By John Walker on September 5th, 2012 at 5:30 pm.

Thankfully they've made George a bit nicer-looking since this art was done.

Revolution’s Kickstarter to fund the completion of a fifth Broken Sword game, The Serpent’s Curse, has reached it’s $400,000 goal. That’s no small feat, and yet another healthy demonstration of people’s interest in the increasingly tangible ghost of adventure games. With over two weeks left, this should mean we’ll see some stretch goals appearing on the site soon, as the developers had stated they’d be waiting until they’d dinged their target before revealing them. I think they were being modest. It also means we’ll definitely see a new adventure for George, Nico and dubious French accents, possibly appearing as soon as April next year. You can read our interview with project lead Uncle Charles here and here.

, , .

1. int says:

The sword is now whole!

2. Mr. Mister says:

Is she wearing heels on the jungle? Or is that metallic plate part of a plane/military base?

• HisMastersVoice says:

Considering the rest of her outfit, I don’t think she’s part of any organized tropical expedition.

3. JohnP says:

Holy…$1 million stretch goal is greenlighting Beneath A Steel Sky 2.

AmateurScience says:

Well, the addition of an android version and these stretch goals mean I’ve bumped myself up from $15 to $25. Fingers crossed it really takes off!

• D3xter says:

“$1,000,000 Greenlight ‘Beneath a Steel Sky 2′”
      The bastards… they really want to go over the million, huh?

4. Birky says:

They’ve just announced the stretch goals:

Indeed BASS2 at the £1m mark is both amazing and almost cruel by how unlikely it is to get funded. (I wonder if they’ll kickstart regardless of whether they do or don’t reach £1m, just with slightly different targets)

• Damn Skippy says:

Damn, I want BASS2 more than what was actually kickstarted. I may need to take a look at some of the higher tiers if this gets anywhere close.

• LionsPhil says:

There are already a handful of backer comments suggesting it should be separate. One can hope.

• Birky says:

I do think they probably need to give a bit more info about what would happen when they get to the £1m mark. How much money from the project would go into BASS2, would backers here get anything for being involved, would it just trigger another kickstarter campaign?

Still, I’d love for it to happen, and generally Revolution seem to really be listening to fans, so I’m still pretty optimistic.

• Deano2099 says:

They need another tier that’s $30 for both games…

5. Valkyr says:

“It also means we’ll definitely see a new adventure for George, Nico and dubious French accents”

Being French, I played the French version of the first Broken Swords back at the time, and it was actually George who, speaking French, had an amazing American accent. I even remember he couldn’t pronounce the word “jongleur” at some point and kept using the word “juggler” in the middle of his French sentences… I didn’t realize it at that time but the dubbing was of fantastic quality.

6. Caiman says:

Broken Sword sequel – *stifles yawn*
    Beneath a Steel Sky 2 – TAKE ALL MY MONEY!

7. DrunkDog says:

Not sure why never got around to playing the original series but I think I’d moved out of my Point and Click phase by the time these rolled around. FINALLY got around to playing this on returning from work yesterday after grabbing the Android tablet version from the Play store. Finally got to sleep about 3:30AM. Dear Christ, it’s like being a teenager again…. Needless to say will be kickstarting the new one. Might even get the other 3 under my belt before it launches.

8. BSunofficial says:

This. Is. Going. To. Rock! Nearly up to the $650,000 Kickstarter at moment, if we reach $700,000 we’re going to have one fan’s likeness in the game! For more information go to http://BrokenSword.org.