Plight Of The Penguins: March Of The Eagles

By Adam Smith on September 17th, 2012 at 4:00 pm.

It’s not all CKII and EUIV over at Paradox’s grand strategy development studio, with another expansion for Hearts of Iron III due at the end of this month and the recent announcement of Napoleonic warmongerer March of the Eagles. It’s a smaller game, at least in terms of the time it covers, and the first part of a developer diary from studio manager Johan Andersson contains more information on what it’s all about: “It has the war focus from Hearts of Iron, the time frame and visuals from Europa Universalis, and victory conditions similar to those you’ve seen in Sengoku.” I’ll be speaking to Johan soon to find out more. In the meantime, here’s a trailer because I know that everybody likes to watch maps being maps.

Any questions? I’ll mention the best of them.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. B1A4 says:

I’d love to see some sengoku expansion/DLC pushing original game more to CK2

• JiminyJickers says:

Yes I agree, I quite enjoyed Sengoku but would like it a bit more fleshed out. I have to many Paradox strategy games currently and not really intersted in another on just right now. Would like some more expansions for my current ones though.

2. Fede says:

Please, ask them if/how they plan to implement naval warfare, and how much importance will have the colonies around the world. It seems to be more focused on Europe, but maybe navies and colonies will be represented.

Edit: what I mean is, the map will not cover the colonies (Johan said: EU, North Africa, Middle East), but maybe they’ll still enter as a mechanic. Same for the US (see War of 1812).

• Torgen says:

Yes, Napoleon would have had a much easier time of it without British fleets enforcing an embargo, and that whole Battle of the Nile thing had not happened.

3. Oak says:

This used to be Napoleon’s Campaigns 2. It became a full-on Paradox game after they parted ways with Ageod.

• bob. says:

Was it a “peaceful parting” or some kind of conflict? I was pretty surprised to see this announced and NC2 suddenly disappear.

• theleif says:

It was peaceful as far as I know.

4. amisy says:

Oil Refining Machine
    :) As a prominent manufacturer of top quality oil presse in China, Zhengzhou Amisy has been always adhering to the quality principle to survive and develop. We offer first-hand information and professional technology support on various types of oil mill machines, oil extraction device and oil filtering equipment. We also provides customers with customized turnkey solution from consult, design and installation. Our purpose is to sincerely help all the clients get a better understanding of oil processing industry so as to benefit their own business.

• hypercrisis says:

this is one of the most absurd spam posts ive seen yet.

5. hyzhenhok says:

Ah, I wondered when we would see EU4′s Sengoku.