Dishonored: The Animated Movie, Part Two

By Jim Rossignol on September 26th, 2012 at 3:09 pm.

The second part of the Dishonored animated short “The Tales from Dunwall” is out, and you can see it below. The first part is here.

, , .

1. Jappy86 says:

I am liking this animated prologues and I am very hyped for this game (and also Xcom)

• Inglourious Badger says:

They come out the same day. Whose idea was that!? Which to pre-order, which to pre-order… I really can’t choose

• scatterbrainless says:

I’m totally going with Dishonoured, but in terms of a safe bet I think X-com is far more of a known quantity. Dishonoured is trying and talking itself up to be massively ambitious, so it will either be a massive let-down (even if it’s just “very good”) or will be berserkly awesome. X-com seems like you know basically what you’re in for so can pre-judge quality better.

• Inglourious Badger says:

Thanks Scatterbrainless.

You are right, in that everything you say is correct, but you are also wrong because I see now that I should buy X-Com for the longetivity, you see. By the time I tire of XCOM, Dishonored may be cheap. Dishonored looks like a complete it in a weekend kinda gal (on the first playthrough anyway. If it’s as good as it looks it’s going to join Deus Ex and the other ‘play it every couple of years and see something different’ games)

Tom De Roeck says:

Somehow, if the plot is anything like in these animated shorts, then the story of Dishonored might go something similar like an even more violent Black Butler. (the anime series)

3. asshibbitty says:

These are surprisingly non-abominable. Reminds me of You are Empty flashback shorts, only those were interspersed throughout the game, and I’ve always thought they should’ve released them separately like this. Holy frame rate shifting Jesus though.

4. Gary W says:

Trite.

Watch Kojima’s note-perfect 007 homage instead:

inb4 “Gary, that man is a hack!” etc.

• grechzoo says:

Did you really just label something Trite and then link to something made by Kojima……

I’m not alone in thinking that’s hilarious surely.

Not thats im defending this video against your accusation, while i enjoyed it, I can see why you would think that honestly.

I just cant believe you would then go on to link to Kojima as an example that is….not trite?

• Gary W says:

You just aren’t ready for the man. Give it a decade or two.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Yeah, I had to laugh hilariously at that too.

• LennyLeonardo says:

Yeah, but, like, while it has nothing at all to do with the above video, or whether it’s trite or not, the MGS 3 intro sequence is sublime(ly daft).

• asshibbitty says:

Watch this video of a kitten sneezing also

• Demon Beaver says:

• The Random One says:

Al did it better.

• MSJ says:

Margaret Atwood. Happy Endings.

5. grechzoo says:

Very impressed, both art and writing is very decent. And theres no doubt the voice acting will be top notch in the game too.

Have high hopes for this game giving us something challenging and intelligent, which is VERY rare for AAA games.

And I echo the excited for this and XCOM on the same day. Two most anticipated games of this winter for me.

• Drayk says:

Winter is coming ! But we’ll welcome it with open arms this time !

• Jappy86 says:

Regarding the voice acting, I hope the italian voice acting is good or at least not horrible. I hope I can play it in English, Does this game use Steam to install like Deus Ex Human Revolution did?

6. RaytraceRat says:

Kudos for cool rats!

7. kupocake says:

Is there any indication of animated mission briefings being in the game, making this game even more like Thief? Because this style is pretty cool…

8. Hunchback says:

Thanks to these videos i am getting so hyped over the game that i am 100% sure i will be disappointed when it finally comes out… :(

• The Random One says:

Thanks to these videos I’m so overwhelmed with dishonored dishonored dishonored DISHONORED that my decision to wait for its price to drop is with each trailer less of a sacrifice and more of a much welcome respite.

Thank you, overbearing marketers. (Tharketers.) You are my personal fiscal responsibility fairy.

• Rictor says:

So the simple act of something being marketed makes you dislike that thing? I mean…I don’t like marketing generally, but that in no way influences the quality of the actual product. It could be great, it could be shit. And from everything I’ve seen of Dishonored, it falls squarely into the former category.

Would you really prefer the alternative? Look at how many great games did poorly because of bad/non-existent marketing. Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil etc. It’s sad. So keeping quiet about their game is not something that any sane developer would contemplate – be they a one-man indie operation or a hojillion dollar megacorp.

9. ChiefOfBeef says:

I’m beginning to see stylistic similarities to The Crow in both plot, exposition and aesthetic.

Which isn’t a bad thing considering what else came out that was inspired or spawned from that film.

10. Betamax says:

Hah, this one reminded me of Richard Cobbett’s recent Skyrim diary, namely Day 3 when Dovah-Quinn goes rat crazy in Riften.