I Can’t Think Of A Headline Gag: Harvey’s New Eyes

By Alec Meer on October 8th, 2012 at 4:00 pm.

I also can't think of a caption. I'm going to blame writing 4000 words about XCOM

John mostly didn’t like one of the earlier Edna & Harvey point and click adventure games very much, but then other things John doesn’t like include Bath Spa’s loveliest cinema, dancing and -REDACTED- so what does he know? (Quite a lot when it comes to adventure games, actually). He saw some promise though, and perhaps that will be the case in this new Edna & Harvey game, and though I can tell you absolutely nothing of use about it I want to post about it purely because the subtitle HARVEY’S NEW EYES made me giggle for reasons I don’t entirely understand. Also, a local brewery is called Harvey’s, and for a moment I thought I was getting a press release about a new ale called Eyes. I would totally drink Eyes. I would also totally love it if breweries sent me ales to review. I’ll find an excuse to do it on RPS, I swear it!

No beer here though, look:

You play a girl called Lilli, who’s sent to convent school and has to suppress negative emotions because Catholics. That doesn’t work out, apparently.

I like the sad accordion music, but it does look a wee bit Windows Paintbrush. Expert WIndows Paintbrush, mind.

That’s out, from Daedalic Entertainment, on this very day. More information here.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Njordsk says:

Twice the same picture and lack of pun. THE FALL OF RPS §

• DanPryce says:

Reviewing XCOM and Dishonored this morning pretty much fulfilled the site’s destiny.

It astonishes and sickens me that I typed Dishonored without the ‘u’ naturally.

• iucounu says:

Well, there was a limit; the jokes couldn’t get much cornea.

• Hoaxfish says:

he clearly had no eye dear what to use

• Max Ursa says:

he went to specsavers?

• Skabooga says:

A point and click adventure taking place in a convent? I’m sure you’ll end up having to do altar pushes and pupils.

2. anoniminimity says:

Haha, bit bizarre to see the local brewery mentioned on RPS.

Harvey’s is totally awesome so well deserved I think.

• MiniMatt says:

If we’re going to enter the brave new world of distilliery product placement I’m more than willing to crowbar in references to the superior qualities of Dom Perignon in all my future comments in return for a steady stream of “review samples” from Moet.

Oh who am I kidding, trying to come across as all refined. Hook me up with IrnBru, Maltesers and supermarket ownbrand moonshine :o)

3. DyvimTvar says:

I can tell you that the german version that has been availible for quite some time is a game I loved.
    Very weird (content wise), but solid point & click adventure. I actually prefer it to the first one.
    Sure hope the translation is done well.

Edit: Also the trailer spoilers far too much.

4. Mayama says:

The Edna & Harvey games are great tragicomedy’s… well at least in german I guess alot is lost in translation.

5. TechnicalBen says:

If you want some real strange MS paint artwork check out MS Paint Adventures.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Paint_Adventures

Be warned though. You may loose more time than the universe has available (over 8000 pages of comic!).

6. Gap Gen says:

Wait, John doesn’t like the Little Cinema? But I saw Scott Pilgrim for free there. With free beer.

7. harvb says:

I wasn’t aware I had new eyes, but hey thanks.

8. CommanderZx2 says:

It says available on steam, but I don’t see either of the games there.

9. Xardas Kane says:

One of the most disturbing in a cute way games I’ve played in a while. That cute girl is a psychotic mass murderer I tells ya, a murderer!

The German version was very well worth the money, can’t say if it’s going to be as good in English.

10. Arehandoro says:

It seems like if Daedalic had a button to develop graphic adventures in mass.

• SeLfKiLlEr says:

there were 3 years between the 2 parts and another one for deponia and they were released accordingly in germany

but it seems they just gave all their games to some outsourced translator, thats why they’re released so close together

and harveys new eyes was really good as was deponia (but that i didn’t like in a english replay)

11. RegisteredUser says:

Harvey’s eyes scream for icecream
    No eyes? If Harvey can’t see us, then obviously we can’t see him (great movie)
    Hole in two: Edna and Harvey at it again
    The Dame and the pain: Despite the name, this one is definitely not an eyesore
    Edna 2: An eye-opening adventure

etc she-boop.

12. Eich says:

This game is absolutly awesome. Buy it, play it, despair!