Sunder Lizards: Primal Carnage Beta Open

By Adam Smith on October 8th, 2012 at 5:00 pm.

Dinosaurs versus heavily armed people. It’s a tale as old as time, with a clear artistic through line that begins in the cave paintings of Mann-Shüt, which depicted heroic cavefolk firing rocks at armies of marauding velociraptors, and ends with Primal Carnage. It’s an online PvP game that allows players to bite their enemies in half, although presumably only if they choose to be a dinosaur. I’d quite like to see a squad of hunters chewing through a brontosaurus’ neck but I just don’t imagine it’s included. Only those who have preordered receive beta access now and even though the official site isn’t reporting the launch yet, players are receiving keys right now. Here’s a video.

Anyone in?

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Bingo Bango says:

What sounds like the only female ‘pain’ sound is a bit sexual when repeated like that.

2. kevmscotland says:

Beta summary for me thus far:

No SP/Practice mode.
    No invert mouse option.
    No game servers up.

All in all, I cant satisfy my need to be a dinosaur quite yet.

• wnxdafriz says:

u can actually host your own server for single player practice with friends,
      you can invert mouse at moment via i believe by typing “invert mouse” in console settings

game servers is actually being tested and worked on, hosting is being provided via gameservers.com

as far as preordering thru gamestop there have been some issues with their app but there was a way explained on the forums that explained how to get it

3. wodin says:

Dino’s look cool..but the people animation and the gun play looks very poor.

• Boothie says:

As they say: “Beta is beta” although i dont expect this to be fixed anyways, games like these are always skeeved, in this case: dinos will be so much more interesting and fun to play, shooting weve done b4 chomping on a mercenarys face however have not yet become dull. remember that ww2 dinogame a while ago, bought it and a week later i uninstalled it cause it was totally impossible to play as a dino since they were always outnumbering the hapless victim team and attempting to would swiftly autobalance you

mR.Waffles says:

It is a life goal to one day find the time and energy to learn how to play a Hearts of Iron game. A man can dream.

5. hamburger_cheesedoodle says:

Reminds me a bit of Natural Selection 2, but doesn’t look nearly as good.

6. Bork Titflopsen says:

Apparently only those who pre-ordered through either Steam or Amazon (I think) have access to the beta right now.

Digging through the forums I’ve found that they will be contacting Gamestop tomorrow and I’m guessing they will do the same for those that pre-ordered through GamersGate like me.

Also, the first 200 people who reply to THIS thread will get a beta key, regardless of whether you already pre-ordered or not.

Dilapinated says:

Ah, this’d explain it. Still anxiously waiting on my beta key after prepurchasing on Gamersgate.

7. Xaazi says:

So far I’ve had fun. They say beta is beta but I’ve experienced no bugs, low ping servers and friendly people!

Plus you get to play as T-rex.

8. Flappybat says:

The graphics are great but it’s let down by a lack of depth, it doesn’t compare well to L4D. The levels are aimless and meandering, the weapons feel inaccurate and weak…

It doesn’t feel like a game yet, it feels like a mod.

9. ZaphodBB84 says:

Wonder if the raptors will get feathers in a future mod?

Dilapinated says:

Pre-ordering nets you a feathered raptor skin. I’m not usually one for pre-orders, but that had me the moment they included it.