Carry On Up The: Future Soldier: Khyber Strike

By Jim Rossignol on October 10th, 2012 at 6:00 pm.

I haven’t paid much attention to Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, which seems like it might have been a mistake, because a) it’s supposedly quite good, b) it has the biggest muzzle-flashes I have ever seen, and c) it’s a game full of high-tech techno-tools. DLC for the game has just arrived today, amusingly dubbed Khyber Strike, and it features a number of said gadgets – look at that little turret thing! I know what our next household pet will be. There’s also a new map, a new game mode, and some expanded character progression, for those of you who are keen on expanded things. And let’s face it, who doesn’t want to expand something? See all these features wrapped in the loving arms of a trailer, below.

I saw this franchise referred to as “Ghost Reckon” the other day, which keeps making me titter.

, .

1. KDR_11k says:

I’m still waiting for a major price drop on the PC version, the 360 one is down to 30€ on Games on Demand so I hope the PC version will follow soon. I’m not enough into realistic (even fake realism like CoD) or stealth shooters to warrant paying full price.

• TormDK says:

I bought it from a Danish website (play-games.dk) for 195DKK (Which would be about 20£ with todays rates) . The purchase does not go on Steam though, but uses Ubi’s own platform for download purposes.

The multiplayer aspect is fairly decent, but the game is really really rough on newbies because of the leveling system. Not only does veterans have knowledge of maps and game mechanics, but also access to much better gear.

So you are going to get pwned in a very unsatisfying way initially.

That said, if you like the gameplay in Ghost Recon Online (Which is free to play), then I would consider Future Soldier the “big Brother” version, with more options and gadgets to play with.

2. spongthe1st says:

KHYBERFACE

3. Derezzedjack says:

Is this game still played online? I still would like to buy it, but the 34 fps lock it had when I tried it at a friend’s computer at a LAN party shortly after it was released didn’t really help encourage me to get it. Was there anything done?

4. SuperNashwanPower says:

Its got that “dusted with icing sugar” look to the visuals that makes me want to gnaw on a soldier’s helmet.

OK that came out wrong.

5. Spacecraft says:

Couldn’t tell if it was good. That game had the worst PC release I have ever seen. They didn’t have keyboard and mouse support at launch. KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SUPPORT. I can’t imagine the game having many players on PC.

6. wodin says:

Not a bad shooter..enjoyed it upto the point where you had to chase two people before they got away..drove me mad and quit. Shame really I was right near the end of the game aswell.

Henke says:

At first glance I thought it said Future Soldier: Kthxbye.