Ravaging: Ravaged Set To Ravage From October 17th

By Jim Rossignol on October 12th, 2012 at 9:00 pm.

For reasons mysterious, post-apocalyptic multiplayer vehicular combat game Ravaged had dropped off my radar until mere moments ago. Then, suddenly, a blip! It has done much with its Kickstarter money, and will appear on October 17th in a blaze of Mohawks and gas-masks. A sort of Fortress type game, so it’s a team-based affair set within huge maps – environments that are best traversed in the wide range of vehicles, from helicopters to thug-draped technical. It’s $25 at pre-order, and I have no good idea about how well it plays.

There’s a new, explosion-addled, trailer below.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Qvisten says:

Im in the beta and think its okay. It’s getting better but dont know if it will be ready yet, think it needs more polish. but if there is more players than like 10 people it might work out :P

2. 0verdrive says:

I might be wrong, but it looks like it’s ready to turn into a F2P in the near future.

3. wodin says:

Thats the game!! I mentioned this game I recently on a article here at RPS but couldn’t think of it’s name.

I wondered what had happened to it.

4. Lagwolf says:

If you like Rage Multiplayer… then you might like Ravaged. I found it to be a buggy, laggy mess to be honest.

5. abandonhope says:

Any gameplay videos with more than a few players on each team playing a huge map?

6. PatrickSwayze says:

Look’s great!

How Rage’s mp should’ve been, and then some!

7. Shinwaka says:

I keep praying for the day that a remake of Autoduel (based on Car Wars by Steve Jackson) will be in the works.
    *Goes back to praying*

• wodin says:

Your not the only one. Funny enough I have the start of a game design doc on my PC at the moment, 2d top down simultaneous turns…etc etc.

You can try Darkwind. Cool game with a dedicated friendly community many old Car wars players. I really enjoy the way combat works in the game aswell.

8. Slinkyboy says:

I got Ravaged for free in some contest a long time ago. I should reinstall it and see if it’s any good now.

9. SuperNashwanPower says:

Theres something really nice about the first person implementation here. I can’t put my finger on it, it seems very smooth, especially the driving.

10. Droopy The Dog says:

I skipped BF3 because of EA’s shennanigans and for that reason alone my interest in this game has been piqued, I’m in the market for an online vehicle exploder.

11. noom says:

The Resistance? What exactly are they resisting..?

• DeVadder says:

Presumably beeing scavenged. I would sure try to resist against that.

12. treiz01 says:

I just went and checked out this site. I was really disgusted by the blatent money grubbing concerning forum titles. The “gold” package is $100! The step down one (silver) is $25 and doesn’t even include a copy of the game!

• Low Life says:

I don’t see what the problem is. If the only thing people are paying for is forum titles then they could be asking $1000 for all I care. There’s absolutely no benefit for having one (who the hell cares about a forum title?) and no one’s forced to buy one. So for $25 you can either preorder the game or buy that silly forum badge.

Though I must admit, for that price I doubt they’re selling too many of them, but that’s their problem.