WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship “Glory Mode” Demo

By Jim Rossignol on October 12th, 2012 at 9:00 am.

The new WRC, pronounced “whirrrceee”, has a demo out. Look you can download it here! Apparently it will “allow you to try out the Road to Glory Mode.” I would say that “Road to Glory Mode” sounds euphemistic, but I think it’s a bit early in the day for that sort of joke. Anyway, I had a bit of fun with WRC’s preview, and as the game is on the verge of release – coming out today, I believe – we’ll no doubt scrutinize the final thing in the next few days. In the meantime: why not judge for yourself?

And there are a couple of new trailers, below. But you knew that.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Didero says:

That launch trailer is incredibly annoying. Don’t quickly switch images AND add changing text at the bottom! I can hardly focus on one, let alone both.

Also, the way the guy talks in the second video would be a great way to do car GPS voices :P

2. Hunchback says:

The copilot from the 2nd video sounds like some presidential-speech recording from the 70s…

3. Numerical says:

Hmm from that picture I’m guessing Alduin has returned and I gotta tune my car up with shouts.

I used to be a race car driver but I then took an arrow to the tire.

4. ZIGS says:

Hey cool, Portugal’s in the game

5. SominiTheCommenter says:

Finally somebody remade Colin McRae Rally 2, with better graphics. If the keyboard controls are as slick as CMR2 it’s a purchase as soon as I finish Dishonoured.

6. Linfosoma says:

Im downloading the full game now (it’s available on Gamersgate, yet stuck on Greenlight for some reason), the demo was pretty good though.
    The graphics have been improved since the previous games, control support is much better this time and the FFB came out as a big surprise by being pretty good (it’s super strong by default, I set it at about 25% and it was great, feels pretty dynamic).
    The physics are very predictable and fun, though cars are still way too grippy IMO, still tons better than Dirt though so that’s good.

• Colonel J says:

The demo’s also available on Gamersgate if you have an account there (download button on the game page below the buy button). Going to give it a try this weekend if I can tear myself away from XCOM.

7. SelfEsteemFund says:

Thanks for the heads up I’ll give it a whirl, still waiting on a CMR2 or V-Rally 2 spiritual successor though.

Comment on this story