Free To Zombie: Team Fortress 2′s Halloween

By Jim Rossignol on October 26th, 2012 at 6:00 pm.

This year’s Team Fortress 2 Halloween event has been stripped of its cobwebbed shrouds and revealed to be one of supernatural shenanigans: there will be spells, there will be zombies, there will be spooky achievements, and there might owls. (I can’t tell if that’s just for illustrative purposes.) Relevantly: there’s a new King Of The Hill mode featuring a wizard, and a new Man Vs Machine mode where the robots are “800″ zombies, which is called Wave 666. Both look enticing, in a “don’t touch that green glow!” sort of way.

You can read more about it here. And there’s a comic here. And the event kicks off today. Good luck, freemarines!

, , .

1. Antsy says:

Zombies! How do they come up with this stuff?

2. Mr. Mister says:

Sorry, but it’s H.A.W.K.E.N. weekend!

3. Grawl says:

I want it now!

4. Premium User Badge Dare_Wreck says:

It’s nice to see that they changed the gift mechanic this year, such that you don’t have to fight with everyone else for them!

5. EPICTHEFAIL says:

Zombies! Now it`s gonna be exactly like Killing Floor! Also, about fucking time they fixed the stupid gift racing.
    Also also, why do I get the odd feeling that every modded server on the planet is going to start spamming the new boss?

• Nevard says:

I personally pray that the wheel of fate becomes standard for every koth server

6. int says:

Someone should make a movie about zombies or something.

7. Premium User Badge JB says:

Ok. I’ve been looking at the lettering on the TF2 Halloween page and trying to figure out what it says. I’m pretty confident that the text on the top card says “SMALL HEAD”, but that isn’t really helping me hugely with the glowing text above and below. http://media.steampowered.com/apps/tf2/blizzbobarrabas/bg_02.jpg

Any part-time cryptologists able to assist/put me out of my misery?

• TheLuckyGuy says:

It really says small head,someone already translated it

• Premium User Badge JB says:

Yeah, that was the bit I already figured out, it was the rest of it that was giving me problems. Do you have a link by any chance?

8. SkittleDiddler says:

Once again, I will start up a few TF2 matches to see if all the holiday fuss is warranted, and once again I will remember why I don’t play TF2 during the holidays. I fall for it every time.

9. x3m157 says:

Noooooooooo……. of all times for my gaming PC’s motherboard to fry :(

10. hypercrisis says:

The whole event feels rushed and half-arsed in just about every way. Here’s a little example. http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9292/shoeso.png

• SkittleDiddler says:

It’s been totally disappointing so far — extreme lag, broken crafting, presents not giving out items, Merasmus’s teleport gate not opening for some people, blah blah blah. I’m sure everything will smooth out once Valve get their heads out of their asses, but I don’t understand why they can’t get ever get this shit right when it comes out of the gate.

• Nevard says:

What about the remodelled zombie forms for every class in the game?
      Revoiced in some cases too, though they couldn’t get the voice actors for the usual suspects (when was the last time Medic got new quotes?)

11. heshun says:

http://www.likesurprise.com/ ——–

if you like to order anything you like.

More details,