Foot-to-Ball Commander 2013 Demonstration Edition

By Alec Meer on October 29th, 2012 at 8:00 pm.

Someone I know knows his wife

This year as with every year, there is a brand new edition of Sports Interactive’s management goliath Foot-to-Ball Commander. The 2013 version is out next week, in fact. New features this year include over 17 new types of decomposing tobacco breath odorants to add to your manager’s Unhinged Bellow attack, the option to hurl the most racist members of your premiership team into the heart of the sun and the exclusive Gary Lineker’s Leaving Your Wife Of 20 To Shack Up With An Underwear Model Time Attack mode.

Also there’s a demo, out now on Steam.

The 3.1GB demo allows for six in-game months of foot-to-ball commanding, and your savegames from it will carry on over into the full game.

Other new features in this year’s game include an improve match engine (surely that’s a given by now?) and the aforementioned ‘Classic’ mode, aimed at those who remember when this were all fields and all this modern graph and sub-sub-sub-manager stuff is a bit too much, by Jove.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Spinoza says:

This Gentleman smile is quiet unsettling.

2. fallingmagpie says:

I’ve played the demo, and the match engine may be improved but the players still move across the pitch like they’re on ice skates.

3. FullMetalMonkey says:

I R Stoopid. Googled Foot-to-Ball Commander and was left feeling like John Terry after penalties.

• NathanH says:

Googling Foot-to-Ball Commander seems to get you RPS, all the sites that steal RPS articles and repost them, and the wikipedia entry on Long Ball for some reason.

• FullMetalMonkey says:

Yeah I know. When I read the article I’d finished a 13hour shift but thought there was a game coming out called Foot-to-Ball Commander which is a parody football management game.

I was a little bit disappointed there isn’t going to be one. :-(

4. Andy_Panthro says:

I read the reviews over on PC Gamer and Eurogamer, and I’m still not sure I’ll buy it. The Classic mode seems like the right direction for me, but perhaps not quite yet.

Back to 01/02 (with 12/13 data) for me I think.

(although saying that, all I’ve been playing recently is XCOM, and haven’t even touched dishonoured, so I think buying new games is out of the question!)

5. Om says:

I thought we’d agreed that ‘foot-to-ball’ stopped being funny two years ago?

• ukpanik says:

Irksome isn’t it.

• frymaster says:

true, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to stop saying it ;)

• ocelotwildly says:

Were just on at the nadir of what is known in comedy as Herrings Curve. Things repeated often enough will become unfunny through repetition, that is known. However, brave comedy explorers such as Richard Herring have discovered that, in persisting with comic repetition that has been dismissed as tedious by most of the audience, the comedy burgeons. First, the hubris of the comedian is recognized and laughed at , and then a form of comedic Stockholm syndrome sets in and the audience begin to lose most, if not all, of their minds.

Give it another 5 years or so of solid persistance and I think Foot-to-ball will have them rolling in the aisles once more!

• RaveTurned says:

Nope.

• Raiyan 1.0 says:

Nu-uh.

• Ian says:

What we ought to agree is that it doesn’t matter.

• mr.black says:

I got here some year and something ago. I thought it was mandatory for the all the staff..

6. 0over0 says:

I’m going to check out the demo, but I don’t think there’s enough big differences to make it worthwhile upgrading from last year’s generally excellent FM2012.

• alantwelve says:

Yeah, same here. I’ve too much time invested in my 2012 save to upgrade, unless there are some pretty major improvements. Maybe the demo will convince me to make the switch…

7. sp4c3d says:

Woke up this morning, got a big chin.

8. sidhellfire says: