Lose Your Mind Over These TrackMania Videos

By Nathan Grayson on November 3rd, 2012 at 3:00 pm.

This is a picture of cars.

Utilizing the patented RPS Matter Relocation Device (note: it is actually a very big catapult), we recently flung Dan so high that he landed on Maniaplanet. There, he slowly but surely integrated with their society and partook of their most exotic cultural fineries. When he returned using the patented RPS Inertia Disruption Field (which may or may not bear striking resemblance to a trampoline), he was quite rightly confused as to what exactly both new TrackManias are bringing to the table. Now, though, you can get a glimpse of what he experienced – namely, TrackMania: Stadium and TrackMania: Valley – and puzzle over the pair yourself.

So, to recap, Stadium’s a reproduction of TrackMania: Nations’ levels, but in a snazzy new Maniaplanet-compatible engine. Mania maniacs, examine the footage closely. Is there anything that’s actually new in there, or is it just the same old assets, but with a new coat of paint?

Valley, meanwhile, is TrackMania’s take on rally racing, which means lots of dirt and trees and other things that cars don’t like. Plenty of ramps and loops also seem to be coming along for the ride, though, so it’s definitely not casting aside its series heritage.

Both Stadium and Valley will be out next year. TrackMania: Over The River And Through The Woods To Grandmother’s House We Go, I imagine, will follow shortly.

, , , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. iHavePants says:

So is the Stadium expansion going to be free to play like Nations? That’s the only reason I can see for them doing this. It doesn’t even look that much better graphically beyond the lighting/colour correction and other post processing effects that come with the engine. Especially weird if they take away the drifting mechanic from Canyons…

That valley trailer was very pretty though.

• moms pubis says:

Yes, Stadium will be free-to-play.

• dsi1 says:

The whole point of these different Trackmania packs is that the cars are fundamentally different.

• iHavePants says:

Sure, it just seems odd that nothing new would be getting put on the table as we already have this car type and tracks in Nations.

• Kakkoii says:

It’s not odd at all. They want as many users as possible to come over to the Trackmania 2 game, in hopes they will buy the other maps. The stadium map is the staple of their series and is by far the most played map, they can’t make any changes to it (some more pieces to work with would be nice though), because they need to keep backwards compatibility with old stadium tracks. And people would whine if the mechanics were changed in any significant way.

2. The First Door says:

Valley looks rather lovely, doesn’t it? It has the feeling of Rally from the first TrackMania… although it is admittedly missing the odd castle structures you ended up with.

• Mctittles says:

Yes this looks like a remake of the rally tracks, and a better one at that. Rally was my least favorite course type in TrackMania United Forever Star Edition, so I’ll be looking forward to trying this out.

Well, trying it out after they add about 5 more course types that is. I still have plenty to do in TrackMania United Forever Star Edition and don’t feel the need to buy into the new one until it is AT LEAST comparable to the previous one.

3. LilDeamon says:

I used to play Nations loads years ago, before I shell out £16 for Canyon I wanna ask whether Stadium and Valley are patches, dlcs or full blown games. How much is all this gonna cost me?

• Tom Walker says:

It looks like Stadium will be totally F2P.

Frankly, I only bought Canyon because I assumed that this meant I was buying TM2 as a whole and could therefore eventually play Stadium at no additional cost.

But, y’know, I gave Nadeo some (more) money, so I’m glad I’m helping keep the franchise going. Maybe I’ll get to paint my car differently or sommit…

Gap Gen says:

How déviating.

5. Tritagonist says:

Valley looks good, Stadium will probably be excellent since they have tons of experience with that.

I’ve enjoyed TrackMania: Canyon quite a bit, but I’m hoping to see the game expand a bit in terms of track-tiles (no S-bends, only two types of flat corners) and race modes. There was much more choice of track-tiles in the older Trackmania: United, for example. Also, it’d be cool to be able to actually race people, which is to say that the cars are physical objects rather than just ghosts. Time trial is fun, but so is actual racing!

6. SuicideKing says:

I’ve never played TrackMania before…and honestly it looks like immense fun…both games…like a Hot Wheels set in a computer game on drugs or something…

And man, those are good graphics too…can’t wait!

7. DickSocrates says:

Stadium looks a little bland, but then I think that about real stadiums and every stadium in any game ever. Valley looks great. It’s so grounded in reality, it makes the huge walls you drive straight up and into the air look even more insane.

8. Theory says:

Valley looks absolutely incredible. I think it’ll be my first Trackmania game. :-)

9. TsunamiWombat says:

I was interested till I saw the Ubisoft logo

10. bad guy says:

I wish Trackmania would include vehicle collision.

• wodin says:

Me too and AI opponents.

• konrad_ha says:

Oh god yes! They have to most amazing track editor, but all you can ever do is race against the clock. Should they ever include vehicle collisions I’ll take another look, but my perfect-lap-needs are filled for now.

Sinomatic says:

It not having vehicle collision is the precise reason I like it so much. I have other racing games for that sort of thing.

• Tritagonist says:

Sadly those others games tend not to have the excellent (if limited) track editors that TrackMania comes with.

• Shadowcat says:

Car-to-car collisions would break this game in so many ways. I’m sure it will never happen (I certainly hope it doesn’t). Fortunately for you, there are a million other racing games with collisions, so I think your needs are already met elsewhere.

• Tom Walker says:

No! It’s a time trials game. Plus, you can get a ludicrous number of players on a server (I believe TMN holds the world record for that, actually) so it’d be utter chaos.

• MellowKrogoth says:

I’d definitely enjoy the addition of a new game mode where you have collisions, vehicle damage and if possible, AI opponents. I remember a few games with stunts like that, and smashing the other cars off the tracks was immense fun (all the way back to Stunt Driver).

Or they could just make a different racing game with the above elements and access to the same track building tools and leave trackmania alone… after all they’ve started to branch out with titles like shootmania, so it’s not exactly far-fetched.

11. Chizu says:

I already bough Canyon back when it came out, not really had much oppertunity to play it for a while, since I lack a pc capable of running games.
    But I would like to know whether these are gonna cost the same as Canyon did as separate purchases or what.

Valley seems to still be tarmac focused, unlike the original Rally environment, which was all dirt paths and castles.
    And that they said you had to break before corners, and itw as more like proper racing makes me think more of the Coast environment from Sunrise, where braking was alot more important, cause those cars handled like boats.

12. The Random One says:

Valley gave me some big Stunts flashbacks…

13. MrNash says:

Looks pretty nice. I liked playing Nations years ago, so I can see myself fiddling around with this one as well if it’s free.

14. Visualante says:

Not correct to say it will be free to play, given that you probably have to own either TrackMania 2: Canyon to access the free Stadium DLC. It hasn’t really been clear but that’s what I’ve gathered. Maybe it’ll be one of those “if you own any Mania Planet title you get it free” but I’m confident you will have to buy something.

LTK says:

Went in expecting another kick-ass trailer like the one for Trackmania: Canyon. Received a combination of rap and dubstep. Well, that brought me back down to earth.

16. Hmm-Hmm. says:

I think Nadeo’s model of releasing things is rather confusing. It’s not always clear what is what and whether something is intended as a stand-alone product or adds to/requires a previous one.

But eh.. I’m unlikely to get these at any rate since.. well.. it’s Ubisoft. Although I suppose I should take a gander at what type of DRM/uPlay they force you to install (or not) with these titles.

17. seisdbsdf says:

ONLINE STORE :

+++ http://fur.ly/92gq ++++++++++

Best online store

Best quality, Best reputation , Best services

—**** NHL Jersey Woman $ 40 —**** NFL Jersey $ 35

—**** NBA Jersey $ 34 —**** MLB Jersey $ 35

—**** Jordan Six Ring_m $ 36 —**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45

—**** T-Shirt_m $ 25 —**** Jacket_m $ 36

—**** Hoody_m $ 50 —**** Manicure Set $ 20

—**** handbag $ 37 —**** ugg boot $ 43 —****

—**** sunglass $ 16 —**** bult $ 17 —****

+++ http://fur.ly/92gq ++++++++++

Jackablade says:

The apparent lack of drifting in both of the new games is pleasing to me. The pure simplicity of the driving in Trackmania is part of what I like about it so much. I wasn’t such a fan of Canyon as it messed with that formula and resulted in a far less compelling title for my money. I’m probably in somewhat of a minority there though.

19. Artist says:

Wupwupwup….
    No more questions! Bought!

20. uiywoisdf says:

v

21. Megakoresh says:

That brings back memories. I played a ton if TM before, but grown rather weary of it. It is very much an e-sports game. It’s about learning how many nanoseconds do you need to hold the gas in the air to loose as little speed as possible for the landing. It’s about knowing how many millimeters close to which border of the turn you need to drive. I appreciate this kind of competitiveness, but I grew tired of it over time.