The Rabbit Alliance: Epic Mickey 2

By Adam Smith on November 5th, 2012 at 1:00 pm.

There short videos have been attempting to promote Epic Mickey 2 since we last looked at the game and here they are gathered in one place. I can’t believe Warren Spector has managed to incorporate quite so many Star Wars characters and settings into the game in such a short time since the acquisition. The AT-AT boss fight looks absolutely stunning. That’s all in my head, of course, but crossovers are surely inevitable. Kingdom Hearts is the obvious bet, but will Spector develop a Star Wars game? Alec says ‘Tatooine Underworld’. I’ll go with Deus X-Wing.

Non-lethal playthrough possibility confirmed! Actually, I’m guessing that Mickey only ever knocked enemies out – I doubt there’s a kill count at the end of each level.

Here it is revealed that Mickey can choose to thin the world “to nothingness”, which sounds like something an angry god would do. Accidentally knocking over a can of thinner and hearing millions of tiny voices crying out in terror, then suddenly silenced.

If you squint really hard you can see a Deathstar reflected in a glob of paint about fifteen seconds in. And I really do mean squint hard – hard enough to turn your eyeballs into diamonds.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. pupsikaso says:

Spelling inevitably as inevitable is also inevitably inevitable.

2. pupsikaso says:

You know, with the camera angle like that you can’t really see the paintbrush really well. So all you can see is Mickey take a leak at everything in different coloured piss.

3. totallymike says:

I’m waiting for the chance to see Cloud and Anakin Skywalker in an angst battle. Duel of the Whining Teenagers

4. Mordsung says:

I’m still holding out for the Disney vs Marvel vs Star Wars fighting game.

It would actually be an awesome game if they made all the Disney characters the most violent ones.

5. DXN says:

I find myself having a very crotchety attitude to this, and Kingdom Hearts. Alla these characters belong in the 1940′s, goddamit; everything about their design is completely of that period, and they’ve only gotten more and more anachronistic and out of place as Disney has forced them into newer and newer contexts to perpetuate their branding and copyright. I honestly find it quite creepy… these new incarnations are people that SHOULD NOT EXIST. Their existence is all fucked up, but they’re insanely chirpy about it. Augh.

6. welverin says:

I find it amusing that at the end of each video extra platforms were added to the row of boxes displayed.

7. Urthman says:

I’m looking forward to earning +5 Dark Side points every time you use the thinner and +5 Light Side points when you use paint. Also, Micky’s eyes and tattoos should glow red if he gets lots of Dark Side points.

(And by “looking forward to,” I mean wincing.)

8. Zogtee says:

So, when is this out for the PC, then..?

9. Venkman says:

At some point in the last 15 years, Disney was considering an animated series starring Horace Horsecollar that basically addressed what you’re saying. Although for the record, the characters are more ’20s-’30s than ’40s.

10. belgand says:

I was at Disney Land a few months back and they already are awash in Star Wars stuff. Primarily it’s due to having Star Tours there, but they’ve taken that as license to sell a wide variety of Disney/Star Wars cross merchandise (e.g. Jedi Mickey pins and the like) around the park. If you also count the Indiana Jones rides it seems like you wouldn’t even know they hadn’t owned Lucasfilm all along.

11. melnificent says:

Epic Campaign
    Disney is running an extensive PR campaign across gaming, consumer, parenting and kids titles. Epic Mickey 2 will also see a three-month long online campaign focusing on its digital media partners and there will be six-sheet coverage on digital screens in major shopping centres across the country.

That is all…..