Borderlands 2’s Next DLC: Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage

By Nathan Grayson on November 17th, 2012 at 8:00 am.

Why yes, I do believe that is some form of dragon car.

I appreciate a winding narrative arc that twists and turns and writhes and eventually chokes down its own tail in an Ouroboros-like fashion as much as anyone, but every once in a while, direct is best. On those occasions, I want to get right to the point. No muss. No fuss. I guess what I’m saying is, sometimes I just want to shoot a bunch of dudes in a place called the “Badass Crater of Badassitude.” And hey, what do know? That’s exactly what Borderlands 2‘s “Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage” DLC is about. Score one for me. I should idly muse about the fickle whims of my desires more often.

The idea behind this one is pretty much more Borderlands 2, but somehow with even more madness than usual. And also motorcycles.

“This brand new content challenges players to conquer all that Mr. Torgue has waiting for players within his Badass Crater of Badassitude. This content includes new loot drops along with a new currency specific to Torgue weapons. Also included with this content are new heads and skins to further customize your vault hunter’s appearance. An assortment of new bosses, including Pyro Pete, Motor Momma and Badassaurus Rex make this the most challenging Borderlands add-on content campaign yet.”

It sounds like Gearbox is stepping things up in the fan service department too, with both Tiny Tina and Mad Moxxi returning to the spotlight, among others. Also Torgue, because Torgue. Speaking of, if you’d like to delve into the cavernous enigma that is Mr Torgue’s deepest, darkest heart of hearts, this ought to do the trick.

What could it all mean? So many potential interpretations. So much intrigue. At any rate, Campaign of Carnage will be out on November 20th for $9.99. It will probably be very silly, and you might even shoot some things. Interested?

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Arcalane says:

EXPLOOOOSIONS! \o/

2. Bob says:

Blowing shit up (in games) never gets old.

3. JoeGuy says:

If Mad Max was digitized by a Tron VR beam, I’d like to think he’d pick Borderlands 2 as his surrogate gamer home. So where is my awesome dog companion?

• etho says:

I always felt like Brick should have had a dog companion. In the intro video of the first game, child Brick had a puppy, and then in B2, he talks about Jack killing his dog! What gives, Gearbox? Where are all the adorable, bloodthirsty puppies you keep taunting us with?

4. godofdefeat says:

Boom, boom, baby.

5. SuperNashwanPower says:

Is that bad ASS or bad aaarse? Northern English or southern?
    Or southern English trying to sound cooler like an americawneranian?

• AngoraFish says:

An ass is a domesticated mammal, Equus asinus. Arse is clearly the word they are looking for.

• Primar says:

Unfortunately, “bad arse” just sounds like you have intestinal distress.

• SuperNashwanPower says:

But that would mean a bad ass was a delinquent mule. All I wanted was to look cool in a video game, and now look what happened.

I blame the British schooling system.

6. Freud says:

The DLCs for the original were very good with the exception for the arena one, but they never tried to sell it as anything but a limited arena DLC, so it was easily avoided.

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx was one of the best DLCs I’ve ever seen. So much content for $8.

Hopefully Gearbox keep up the trend with quality DLCs for this game.

• vasek45 says:

For me Knoxx DLC didn’t have any personality at all, also very boring rides from one point to another. Zombie Island was awesome though.

• AngoraFish says:

For what it’s worth, I found Knoxx to be a vast improvement on the main game.

• etho says:

Capt. Scarlett was pretty great. Definitely comparable to Knoxx in terms of size, only without tiresome highway sections.

7. StickyNavels says:

I haven’t had a chance to play BL2 yet, but I have to say I really like its shading. Looks like something out of Heavy Metal.

8. SuperNashwanPower says:

Also while on the subject of Dragon Cars, here’s a link to an article about a brother of that big bastard earth excavator thing that sits in a swamp in STALKER Call of Pripyat – the Bagger 288, EATING A BULLDOZER:

Page 2 has an excavator that makes the bagger look positively tiny …

9. Metonymy says:

I hope Gearbox learns exactly what didn’t work in BL2 before they start on BL3

Badass ranks are extremely, EXTREMELY boring compared to BL1 weapon skills.

Not only do they go up incredibly slowly once you get to 9%, (and you have to make new characters to continue increasing them, otherwise you’re just wasting your actions) but because you can potentially use every weapon you pick up, loot becomes an overwhelming job. I never feel like I can enjoy BL2. As soon as I start fighting a slightly higher level enemy, I have to monitor every drop to see if it’s something new and useful.

It’s more fun when you’re forced to survive with a slightly weak gun of the correct type, and also when a good version of that gun finally drops. You never get that happiness in BL2.

If they really want loot saturation like BL2, they need to start introducing new slots. Clothing, in other words.

• Asurmen says:

I have to disagree with this. Weapon skills were not only entirely passive and therefore even more boring requiring no input from the player, but actually punished you as loot drops for a weapon type that you hadn’t skilled up were a waste of time. In BL2 if a really cool pistol drops then I’m going to be as effective as I can be with it straight away (ignoring skill tree affects) but in BL1 it might not be worth replacing one of my other weapons due to weapon skill bonuses.

And no matter what, if an upgrade drops for a weapon you’re using, you should be getting that happiness, but now you also get a happiness factor when a good weapon you weren’t using already drops and you decide to change your play style. But if you don’t want to change your play style than any weapon drops for a type that you’re not using are just cash. I can’t see how that simple binary choice makes the game a job.

• Archonsod says:

It also means it’s viable to carry more than two weapon types, so no more frantic searching for an ammo-regenerating version of the same weapon you have in all four slots.

• JuJuCam says:

Part of the process of learning to enjoy BL2 is learning to switch your brain off (even moreso) and really completely not caring about the mathematical implications of using one gun vs another. Once you get to the DudeBro level of picking weaponry not only on weapon class but also brand, regardless of other considerations, and picking skills based on whether you think the effect will be cool enough, then you can really cruise through the game in a total zen state of whateverness and enjoy the little touches and pop culture references throughout.

Perversely, the NG+ mode is challenging enough to require a fair amount to min-maxing to get through with minimal frustration. By that point all the humour that depends on surprise is no longer surprising, so really I don’t see why anyone would complete a second run of the game, especially solo.

10. Xardas Kane says:

SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! IN THE FAAAAAAAACE! DO IT! SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! FACE FACEFACEFACEFACE! NOW! BULLETS IN THE FACE! WANT EM! NEED EM! GIMMEGIMMEGIMME! AT THE SOUND OF THE BELL IT WILL BE FACESHOOTING O’CLOCK! BONGGGGG! KNOCK KNOCK WHO’S THERE SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! END OF JOKE! I’M GONNA SING A SONG! SHOOT ME AT THE END OF IT!… I NOTICE YOU HAVEN’T SHOT ME IN THE FACE! CURIOUS AS TO WHY! Maybe you’re weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!

11. Citrus says:

I can’t decide between Borderlands 2 or Skyrim. Decide which one of them was the most boring.

Maybe one day when I will finish them both.. maybe..

Actually no, Criterion’s fuckup of Most Wanted 2012 takes the cake for biggest shitpile of the decade. At least gaming these days gives me a lot of choice for what to hate.

12. Roz says:

Will finally buy the DLC pass, seeing as it costs ~the same as the first 2 DLC, and they both look pretty good.

13. Shooop says:

They should have used the guy who does the voice for the Powerthirst YouTube videos for that extra “OMMPF”. This guy sounds like a really poor Randy Savage impersonator.

14. eydiksj says:

ONLINE STORE :

+++ http://fur.ly/92gq ++++++++++

Best online store

Best quality, Best reputation , Best services

—**** NHL Jersey Woman $ 40 —**** NFL Jersey $ 35

—**** NBA Jersey $ 34 —**** MLB Jersey $ 35

—**** Jordan Six Ring_m $ 36 —**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45

—**** T-Shirt_m $ 25 —**** Jacket_m $ 36

—**** Hoody_m $ 50 —**** Manicure Set $ 20

—**** handbag $ 37 —**** ugg boot $ 43 —****

—**** sunglass $ 16 —**** bult $ 17 —****

+++ http://fur.ly/92gq ++++++++++

15. mrd says:

What you said, but… like applied to me. Ditto.