DmC: Devil May Will Probably Be Released On Windows

By Jim Rossignol on November 21st, 2012 at 6:00 pm.

As previously noted, Capcom have said that Ninja Theory’s Devil May Cry game, DmC, will appear on Windows. There’s no release date for that, of course, so it’s bound to be well after the January release of the console versions, but it gives me plenty of time (and reason) to link the backlog of videos that we have neglected. With Ninja Theory at the controls there’s good reason to expect this game to be a little different to previous outings – and Capcom purists are already making objectionable honking noises. And it’s looking not looking as ludicrous as the previous games, but it’s still pretty mad. (And I am not a fan of nu-Dante.)

Anyway, lots of gameplay footage below.

, , .

1. Mr. Mister says:

The Baby may cry?

• Metonymy says:

Not even console users like the new Dante, and speaking for myself, the chance that I’ll pay money for a console game is always zero. It’s an important point, because I don’t think these devs realize that PC users don’t look forward to console games.

The best port choices are games that are not 3rd-person action adventure games. Ie NOT dark souls, NOT this, NOT just cause 2, NOT grand theft auto, NOT assassin’s creed. I have no problem test-driving (pirating) these games, and yet I don’t. I don’t even feel like waiting for the install to finish.

There are plenty of games that perfectly fit the PC gamer: western rpgs, mmo variants, fps games, puzzle, strategy, RTS, etc. The recent X-com was very good, and would be amazing with just a few more months of work. Devs need to focus on getting actual PC games right, and they will make very good money.

• Raiyan 1.0 says:

MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOOOOAAAANNNN

You’re like the fucking Deutsches Jungvolk of the Hitler Youth, dictating what makes for TRUE AND PROPE PC GAMING ACTIVITIES.

I mean, seriously? Just Cause 2? Seriously? Considering the PC version has a 600 player MP mod? Seriously?

PHACK OFF

• Metonymy says:

Its a difference of opinion, clearly. To say that I disagree would be precise. I did enjoy the HY comparison, however. It had a second meaning for me, beyond the Godwin.

• fugo says:

hahahaha no. firstly, how about let pc gamers decide what we want mm’kay? there’s more pc gamers than console gamers and guess what, we all like different things. i don’t care for DmC but every game you have listed i’d much rather play on pc. and i’ll probably play them with a 360 gamepad, except with higher resolutions, better sound, better framerate and better overall graphics. you know, like its on a console, except better. GO PC GO!

2. Kilometrik says:

PHUCK THIS GAMEEEE!!!

3. Wedge says:

It’s UE3, so there’s no technical reason for it not to be. Decidedly not caring considering who it’s coming from though.

4. Low Life says:

I would rather have the crazy new Metal Gear game from Platinum than this. And Bayonetta 2.

• DaftPunk says:

Well we maybe get new MGS as well,seeing how powerful pc hardware become..VIVA LA PC HARDWARE! :v

5. Jandau says:

Good. It looks like a fun game and I might be checking it out. I enjoyed DMC4 quite a bit and it’s supposed to be the second worst game in the series (I understand DMC2 was utter crap?), so I’m guessing the rest of the franchise is really awesome (I know DMC3 has a PC port, but it’s terrible, I tried and couldn’t bear it).

It would be nice to see a port of Bayonetta, while we’re on the subject of spectacle fighters…

• stillunverified says:

“Second worst” doesn’t mean bad, DMC4 was just unfinished (allegedly the game was rushed, which is why the second half of the game is just the first half in reverse with Dante instead of Nero), the combat is the best the series has ever been in my opinion, even better than DMC3.

6. Citrus says:

This is the first DMC that looks like it was created with mature setting (and probably aiming for crowd that isn’t completely brain dead after playing DMC4).

Can’t wait to play it. Well, after I see a review video or 15 on YouTube..

• Kilometrik says:

PFFFT, pleeease, that DMC sounds like a game made for people who think “grimdark” games are cool in and of itselves…

• vash47 says:

looks like it was created with mature setting
      Is this nigga serious?

• Feferuco says:

I dunno, I would feel much more embarrassed caught playing this than DMC3. DMC3 I actually wanted people to see, it was hilarious.

7. SirKicksalot says:

After Enslaved, I’m buying any and all future Ninja Theory games.

RedViv says:

I was already pretty convinced after Heavenly Sword.
      Enslaved is very much underrated, really. Or rather… Under-appreciated. That’s it. The critical reception was solid.

welverin says:

I enjoyed both of them, so this is a definite buy for me, I barely played the first DMC so the franchise name isn’t a selling point for me.

I’ve just been hoping for a PC version, though I could have resorted to the PS3 version if necessary.

8. AJ_Wings says:

If I could turn down the awful amount of bloom then I’m considering getting it eventually on PC.

Played the PS3 demo, it’s actually quite decent. Combat doesn’t reach the heights of 3 & 4 but it’s enjoyable on its own. But holy crap at that obnoxious bloom, it nearly gave me a headache.

9. KauhuK says:

I have never played any DMC games but I don’t like the new dante much. They made him teenish edgy boy who had a hard childhood and is now taking revenge on those involved. That said I’m actually interested in the game. Maybe will play it some day if it comes out on PC.

• dE says:

Pretty much. Gameplay? Looks like fun. Story? Meh. Doesn’t need to be interesting in a game like this. Character? OH MY GOD WHY? Well I know the answer I guess. Needing to appeal to a younger audience with a character they can more easily relate to: An angsty and emotionally disturbed teenager, that feels like the whole world is against him, and lashes out as a reaction. Yeah, pretty much your average teenager out there.
      Only that Dante got Superpowers.

Maybe as time goes by and the price drops, and I’ll read enough praise about the game mechanics and fluidity of combat, I might have a look.

Dilapinated says:

New-Dante will forever be this in my mind.

• RandomEsa says:

Why would anyone think that this or this needs any sort of change?

Sure its cheesy but hot damn is it fun to watch.

• Kilometrik says:

That was…. DAMN that was awesome. I needs to play DMC 4 sometime >_>

mrwonko says:

But I liked how ludicrous the previous games were! And I don’t like nu-Dante either.

But this is still looking fairly good, here’s hoping it’ll be fine.

11. Graufalk says:

It’s definitely releasing along with the console versions. The latest AMD driver set contains optimizations for DmC.

12. stillunverified says:

Played the demo on PS3, pretty much confirmed my suspicions.
    Pretty much the only thing that could save it for me now is if the weapon variety gets a serious kick up the ass really early in the game, it’s not awful by any stretch, it’s just dreadfully mediocre, which I guess is par for the course for Ninja Theory.

13. Feferuco says:

After Enslaved I don’t have much hopes for this game. Enslaved had so many parts that didn’t make sense. I don’t mean storywise, I mean when it comes to gameplay. It is like they (Ninja Theory) were just going through the motions, ticking a checklist of must haves in an adventure brawler.

Capcom has been doing some terrible things with DRM recently, but they have a great style that shines through their games. You could give me a game I never played or heard before and I could tell you whether or not it was a Capcom title. Plus their recent PC ports have been nice. So I guess I’ll just hope maybe who knows Revengeance comes out on PC.

14. Obc says:

quick survay: who likes nu-dante? seriously? i have not heard one voice saying that they like nu-dante. Not many people liked the new character in DMC4 anyway so why not go back to real-dante instead of reinventing a character that is already good, well-known and has shown appeal and markebility with the teenager crowd?

15. Paul says:

It is mind bogglingly bizzare that they would make PC version of this, and not Dragon’s Dogma.

Obviously, all their (good) games should be on PC, that goes without saying.

16. Bisyss says:

From what I’ve seen of footage, the second worst thing DmC does is it takes itself seriously. I mean, the first game had Dante say the line “Flock off, featherface!” for crap’s sake – the series has always been camp and works when it embraces that. The worst thing DmC does is have Donte yell “Donkey Punch!” as he hits a boss because holy shit, fuck everyone who thought that was a good idea.

• Dominic White says:

Yeah, that’s just a tragedy after how knowingly ridiculous DMC3 was. Dante was the honorary 5th ninja turtle. That opening scene with him, the room full of demons and the pizza that he was trying to save? Pure 90s cartoon sillyness.

This new guy just seems… pretentious, I guess. He seems like he’s trying way too hard to be edgy with a tormented past. I really don’t like using the P-word, but it fits here.

17. Dominic White says:

Played the console demo of this and…. yeah, it’s almost exactly what I’d feared. It feels more like Devil May Cry 2 (the black sheep of the series, done by a B-string team) than anything. The combat engine is neutered, the enemies are just plain sleepy (you could casually walk away from most telegraphed attacks).

Very sad, as DMC4 had a great combat engine, tongue wedged firmly in cheek for the most part (Dante himself was Bruce Campbell squared), and even a great PC port.

I think I’m just going to hold out for Metal Gear Rising, which is by the original DMC crew.

18. Jojolion says:

Nice things to say about DmC after playing the demo:

It’s not A Valley Without Wind.

The End.

19. DeFrank says:

That Dante can place one of those flame burgeoning phalanges right up his nu-goth bum.

20. JoeGuy says:

I can’t get over the feeling the game is going to be easier (as in less dept to combat), as apposed to just being more approachable at the beginning after playing the demo.

21. ichigo2862 says:

What is up with those hands? Did he get infected by Alex Mercer or something?

22. Hatsworth says:

Have no faith in Ninja Theory’s ability to produce a competent action game. Wish Capcom would give us MvC3, Dragon’s Dogma, Ashura’s Wrath and their downloadable games. Can’t believe they’re leaving all that Mega Man 9\10 cash on the table, porting must be extremely trivial.