London Calling: RPS Social Club This Saturday

By Adam Smith on November 22nd, 2012 at 6:00 pm.

At least one person always complains that RPS Social Club postings arrive too late, making it impossible to rearrange the weekend’s revelry in order to drink, natter and play games of the board with the RPS community. This post provides an entire extra day’s notice, so if you are in London or the environs, you must tear up your plans for Saturday evening and head to The Blue Posts instead. 6PM until midnight, or from 4PM for boardgames. Head to the forums to plan and perhaps offer to bring games if you have them? That would be nice. People would appreciate it.

Like most of you, I am not in London and realise that it is not the centre of the world. If you are mourning your inability to be at The Blue Posts in fine company, the forums may also be the place to find out if it’s possible to set up a more local meeting. I’m hoping to organise drinks with some RPS contributors of a Mancunian persuasion in December, which I’ll be sure to let people know about once I’m sure about the time and place.

__________________

« | »

1. Surlywombat says:

People scare me.

2. simoroth says:

I may pop along if I get some time off. Depends on how hectic the end of the Kickstarter is.

3. Lanfranc says:

“London … is not the centre of the world.”

Lies, Sir. Lies and deceit! >:-/

• citiral says:

Adam is right, London ain’t the centre of the world.
      That’s me, obviously!

• DrScuttles says:

I know there’s the M25 outside London, not sure what else there could possibly be. A barren landscape of fields and historic market towns, one presumes.

• President Weasel says:

London is not the centre of the world, it’s true. But to those who, like Adam, find London inconvenient or impossible to get to, please also note the part where he’s planning to arrange an RPS meet-o-chat in his own stomping grounds.
      You too can set up an RPS social club in your town; you don’t need to wait for a mythical “they” to set one up for you. Siri didn’t wait for a “they”, she just made a post in the forum and it grew from there.

Perhaps you live in Leeds, or Boston Massachusetts, or Melbourne (I’ve heard that people live in all three of these places, and indeed several others). Why not make a half-arsed attempt at arranging an RPS meet-o-chat in your town? Sometimes, half an arse is all you need. The forum’s only a click away.

4. The JG Man says:

I went for the first time last time and it was jolly good fun! If you were on the fence, do it!

Alas, I won’t be there this time. This fills me with sadness.

5. Solivagant says:

How will I recognize RPS social clubbers?

• President Weasel says:

Turn up about 6-ish, go upstairs in the pub, look vaguely embarrassed and lost. Someone will collect you. (No, seriously, this works).
      Turn up about half-four-ish and look for people playing boardgames or munchkin or suchlike, that’ll work too.

6. Lambchops says:

Hmm, my Saturday is actually free, may well pop along again. The thought of the drunken bus home does not entice me but I should probably just, as they say in the popular parlance, “man up.”

I should probably try and avoid getting slapped this time (in case this is putting anyone off I did ask for it!).

7. Tom De Roeck says:

One day, Im gonna grab an airline ticket to london, just for social club gatherings.

8. andytizer says:

Looks interesting and I may actually have time to come – any RPS contributors coming?

9. MacBeth says:

Curses… I live in London and even have a lovely new copy of Mansions of Madness to play, but I’m up in Scotland this week, returning on Sunday… ah well… next time…

10. Roz says:

Not enough time to rearrange the weekend!11!one!1@!

Rageface.

11. TinkiYuki says:

hey, I’m going to finally do it. I’ll come along and bore anyone who’ll listen.

I’m working up to 16:00.

I’ll be the fat guy with a kiwi accent.

12. BickeringEntree says:

Darn I’ve made plans to go out in soho that night, I do enjoy the random RPS nights out. I’m not meeting them till later in the eve so I’ll come down for an hour or two at least.

Comment on this story