Richard & Alice Want To Tell You A Story

By John Walker on December 5th, 2012 at 4:00 pm.

I’m very much looking forward to Richard & Alice. And that’s not because co-creator Lewis Denby has written for us in the past – I HATE HIM! It’s because it looks incredibly good. (I don’t really hate him.) Having played an early, short demo, I was entirely hooked by the adventure’s tale of a peculiar world, perhaps post-apocalyptic, and the friendship of two imprisoned people within it. (I do hate him, but don’t tell him.) You can get a taste for it too with the new trailer.

It must be said that it’s not the most visually appealing trailer – compression hasn’t done the simple graphics any favours. But this is story, man.

The two-man team behind it report that the game is now content complete and in internal beta, a year into development. They’ve launched an Indiegogo to raise the $2k they need to finish it off, and are over halfway there.

It will be playable at AdventureX on the 15th and 16th of this month, if you’re around London at the time.

And no one could really hate him.

, , .

1. Hoaxfish says:

What does Judy think of all this?

Crimsoneer says:

CORRUPTION!!!
    Not really. I’m excited for this, and Lewis is as cool as a cucumber. I’d be at AdventureX if it didn’t clash with Ludum Dare :(

3. JuJuCam says:

I could swear Richard and Alice were the names of the characters in that thoroughly depressing Sims 3 playthrough of a homeless man and daughter…

4. S Jay says:

Pledged. They got me on the “crappy puzzles”.

phlebas says:

Looks fantastic. Why the flexible funding, though? Is there any doubt of making the total?

• lordcooper says:

Read the updates, there be answers there.

phlebas says:

OK, it makes a bit more sense given that it’s about extra touches to something that’s basically finished and that the game will be finished and released either way – that covers the bigger problem with flexible funding.
        There’s another issue with the flexible model though – it’s less usable. It takes payment straight away, so if you pledge $20 and then decide later you’d rather go for the $50 level (or realise that you’d neglected to add extra for international postage or whatever) you can’t just click a button to increase the existing pledge like you could with fixed funding. I’m sure most people running projects would be happy to take a second pledge and make a note, but it’s a clumsy bit of extra manual admin for them and the fact that you can’t do it within the system puts people off increasing pledges.