Ubi Ending The Madness, Fixing Far Cry 3′s Pop-Ups

By Nathan Grayson on December 8th, 2012 at 9:00 am.

I will, however, miss seeing the phrase 'Undying Bear' in text.

Far Cry 3 has opened its komodo-dragon-like terror maw and consumed the entire RPS staff. We’re now naught but moldy bones littering the dimmest corners of its lair, wobbling on excitedly about that time we saved all those turtles from an out-of-control, highly turtle-unfriendly fire we started. But it’s definitely not perfect. Obnoxious pop-ups swarm constantly in a ceaseless cycle of useless reminders. John, noble lord of loathing, described it best when he said “Far Cry 3 does not, and it WILL NOT SHUT UP.” Fortunately, Ubisoft has heard players’ pleas, and now the pop-ups are going bye-bye.

The publisher got in touch with Kotaku to explain its plans for Far Cry 3′s oft-maligned interface:

“Based on feedback from both press and fans, the Far Cry 3 production team is working on a patch that will allow you to toggle most HUD/UI elements based on player preference. The patch will also avoid issues encountered in the .dll hack that might create a mission walkthrough break (missing QTE prompts, critical information, etc;). The team is excited about how the Far Cry 3 community and fans of the game are enjoying themselves, and finding new ways to experience the Rook Islands.”

Ubisoft’s excited, huh? BREAK EVERYTHING. WE’RE ALLOWED NOW.

Honestly, though, this is very good news – for one, because Far Cry 3 desperately needed this, but also, it’s a promising step in the right direction for Ubisoft. After all, this is the company that was taking every opportunity to turn a deaf ear to our biggest complaints less than a year ago. Now, though, we’re hailing its product as one of the best games of the year, yet it’s still making relatively minor – at least, in the grand scheme of things – tweaks under the hood to ensure that everything’s in working order. Granted, Far Cry 3′s had some pretty serious hiccups along the way, but I’m still happy to give credit where credit’s due.

Now if they could just add an option to let us violently bow-stab-shank-immolate the pop-ups ourselves. Oh what a magical thing that would be.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. phuzz says:

Nice one Ubisoft, and because you’re doing the right thing, I shall reward you with my moneys.
    Not this week though, I’m a bit skint and I still have Dishonored to finish, but soon.

• McCool says:

Ooh, ooh, me too. But not right now, for the same reasons.

I actually held off buying this because of RPG’s warnings over the HUD. I spent about a quarter of my time in Dishonoured turning the markers on and off, (off when in mission, on when having to find a talky person back at the pub).

Directing the player’s eyes towards a bit of text/marker/pop-up and away from the fantastically rendered world you spent millions of dollars making is the stupidest of all possible design decisions.

• CrazedIvan says:

After beating the main story line and doing a lot of of the side missions already (could not put it down) honestly, the HUD Warnings are not that bad. Still excited about this patch tho.

• SelfEsteemFund says:

They’re only doing it because it was mentioned as a huge negative in pretty much every PC review (not sure about consoles), if reviewers didn’t bring it up they wouldn’t have bothered.

2. Prime says:

Ubisoft behaving like it’s composed of normal, everyday people, not demons from the lowest pits of Fuckyouanddie!? These are truly the End Times!

• BlackAlpha says:

My thoughts exactty. They are doing it based on a mod even.

They changed their stance on DRM. They released some pretty good games lately. And now they react based on feedback and mods. Looks like Ubisoft is coming around.

• SuicideKing says:

Yeah because now the fuckyouanddie attitude has migrated to EA and Microsoft.

• Stromko says:

I’d like to be optimistic, I’d like to like Far Cry 3, but the way it tries to connect to servers every time it opens the menus, and the way I’ve heard that it’s a neutered experience if you do set it to ‘offline’ mode, still makes it sound like they’re using Always-Online DRM.

It’s a soft DRM, one you can get around if you don’t want the full experience, but the online integration for singleplayer is still entirely unnecessary, wastes time, and can be quite problematic when their servers are down (like when they launched).

• Jamie White says:

Why is it a “neutered experience”?
        Just wondering, as that’s the only way I play games, including Far Cry 3. I bypass Uplay and shitware like that instantly.
        I’m still disgusted that i was asked where I wanted Far Cry 3 to install but Uplay installed itself irregardless on my Windows partition.

• CrazedIvan says:

It might be a problem if you’re on a modem or a 1mb wireless connection that you’re piggy backing off of your neighbor down the street.

3. Low Life says:

Wait, they’re actually doing improvements, however small, to this (mainly) single player game after release? What is it, 2005?

4. Revisor says:

I finished it already and liked it a lot. The HUD was one of the only annoyances (the other was a considerably worse writing in the second part – it was simply average compared to the amazing writing in the beginning). It’s great they are going to fix that. I’m already looking forward to my second, HUDless playthrough.

Now if they only added dedicated servers to the multiplayer. The P2P matchmaking really brings the game (all MP games) down.

5. Crimsoneer says:

I thought they meant graphical pop-ups…still awesome though, I want a FarCry 2 style map.

6. John Mirra says:

It’s a bit late, I think most people already finished the game.

• tourgis says:

I’m relieved to learn that I am not ‘most people’.

• felisc says:

certainly not too late ! haven’t done much story wise, so far i only managed to reduce the animal population to about -34987.

• x1501 says:

Most people haven’t bought it yet.

• sPOONz says:

I bought the game but was too put off by the mini map and hud to play it so I went back to playing Far Cry 2. Great to hear that when I return to FC 3 those issues will be sorted. My only gripe now is the roaming packs of wildlife. Man Vs Beast is a bit OTT in my opinion, I cant see that changing tho. Still, a fun game.

• scatterbrainless says:

This happened to me too. God Far Cry 2 was amazing, up there with Metro 2033 for best immersive, in-scene informational cues. There’s a new hardcore/realism mod out for it that may start me on my eighty-millionth playthrough.

• CrazedIvan says:

The wild life in the game adds to the game play, even when you’re taking out pirates. Makes things a little more interesting.

• Totally heterosexual says:

Because everyone instantly deletes games once they have played trough them a single time.

• quintesse says:

Well yes, I do actually. I decided to try a second play-through of Dishonored now killing everyone in sight (the problem with trying to kill nobody is that you don’t get to use some of the nice powers) but I’m finding I’m thoroughly bored.

I’ll probably keep playing FC3 until I’ve gotten all of the towers (I think I’ve only one left) and all of the camps (only two left). I tried a couple of the races and drops and trials and never bothered with any of them again. So yes, after that I’ll delete, I know I’m not going to play it again until some new DLC comes around.

But of course I’m glad for people who can enjoy it a second or third time, unfortunately not me.

• SuicideKing says:

I was going to buy it after the 18th, might as well delay till this is fixed.

7. yogibbear says:

I wonder if this perhaps changes things on the plan for the advent calendar…

8. John Connor says:

Just needs to fix those framerate bugs and this game is perfect.

9. BrendanJB says:

Not a big fan of Ubi, but as you said: credit where credit is due. Good on them for hearing criticism and acting on it. Let’s see more of this kind of thing, Ubisoft.

10. Paul says:

Good news, hopefully they will allow us to change minimap/HUD size and opacity as well, for plasma TV users.

One more nice thing to have would be to have possibility to use x360pad and mouse at the same time, for driving purposes.

• lordcooper says:

How would this work? I seem to have a deficiency of hands.

• Paul says:

Ummm, you walk with mouse and keyboard to a car, enter the car, then take x360pad in your hands and drive with it?

Currently x360pad is deactivated no matter what and you have to switch it in menu, so it is not practical at all. In Mafia 2 for example I could drive with pad and shoot with mouse without any hassle.

• lordcooper says:

Ah, that makes sense. I thought you were implying that it should be possible to use a 360 pad and a mouse *simultaneously*

• SiHy_ says:

That’s still possible. If you were to use your left hand on a 360 controller and your right hand on the mouse, by my calculations, you would have 8 buttons and an analogue stick within reach of your left hand and whatever is considered a normal mouse these days on your right. It’s totally doable.

• KenTWOu says:

It’s totally doable.

I like to play Thief using this scheme.

• Matt_W says:

This for sure. Driving sucks with the keyboard, but I am congenitally unable to play shooters with anything but keyboard and mouse. Most games let you hotswitch; not sure why you can’t here.

11. Andy says:

It’s available on Steam (in the UK) this morning too (along with AC3) – You know, about a week after a caved and picked it up on uPlay instead thinking it would take longer before whatever agreement was made.

12. Grey Ganado says:

Now I only hope they also fix the keybinding problems, the multiplayer progression bugs and the fact that I get put into matches with people literally on the other side of the world.

13. sharkh20 says:

Look, that blade of grass is on fire. Oh shit, suddenly my entire body is on fire.

14. Sunjammer says:

How about fixing the random BSODs while you’re at it Ubi? :’( my sessions are fraught with tension and nothing like the proper sort. No other game has bluescreened on me in years!

• Low Life says:

A game can’t bluescreen your computer, that requires a system level fault (either hardware, OS or drivers). If FC3 is the only game this happens with, maybe it’s the only game you’ve played lately for hours that’s constantly taxing your computer causing it to overheat, or maybe it’s the first game you’ve been playing with a new set of drivers for your graphics card, or…

• Bhazor says:

It can and it does.

Atom Zombie Smasher does the same on me it just BSOD’s right the heck out of nowhere.

• Low Life says:

BSOD only occurs if an error is detected in kernel level software (or in hardware), because those are the only errors the OS can’t recover from. If your average software (like a game) tries to do something silly, the OS can just stop it from doing that, likely crashing the software in the process.

Either way, you can use something like this to find out the real culprit: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

• phuzz says:

Yup, if you’re getting BSoDs on Vista or above then you’ve got a hardware or driver problem.

• Calabi says:

I get a blue sceen of death in Bad company 2, when I use my Xonar Card, on board sound works fine.

• BubuIIC says:

Well, games can still load driver level code. They certainly shouldn’t and probably don’t but if the drivers are properly signed you wouldn’t notice if they do.
            I guess some anti-cheat programs run at kernel level to detect low level modifications to the system.

But a specific game can certainly expose a bug in the graphic/sound driver which only happens when you do some things in the a certain order. Then only this game crashes until the driver is fixed.
            (I.e. Path of Exile cause a blue screen on my system because of a bug in the creative x-fi drivers. No other program/game seems to trigger the bug.)

• SuicideKing says:

As Low Life says, games can’t cause a BSOD anymore. They can quit unexpectedly, crash the graphics driver, but that’s about it.

With Windows NT 6, BSODs = Hardware fault.

RAM’s usually the most common culprit, run memtest86+ and/or prime95.

• Poliphilo says:

Simply not true. A TSW update caused consistent BSODs after ‘zoning’ a few times, recently, on nVidia hardware. The issue required working with nVidia to resolve.

It’s really easy to attribute all BSODs to hardware faults, except it’s just not true. What is true is that there are fewer crashes like that these days, but that doesn’t automatically make every BSOD a user fault.

• BlackAlpha says:

Arma begs to differ.

Of course, technically it could be something else causing the actual BSOD. But a game could reliably set in motion the requirements needed for a BSOD.

15. lith says:

Bug fixes I expect to see in the next patch:

* Tripping over a three-inch high rock on otherwise flat terrain now only does as much damage as twenty AK rounds to the chest, instead of ninety.

* Illuminated Optical sights for weapons now no longer made out of anal lube and Cree 20W LEDs.

* Obviously drunk Molotov cocktail NPCs can no longer land a notoriously un-aerodynamic glass bottle with a flaming rag sticking out of it on your head from seventy metres.

* Upped draw distance to “Believable”.

* Main character’s clothes no longer made out of dry leaves and kerosene.

* Added actual gameplay to main storyline. Previously, this was made up entirely of cut scenes and quicktime events, which are not gameplay.

* Fixed the error where every single character in the game is an unlikeable shitcock.

16. kublakhan says:

Oh they’re SAYING they’re working on it. Why not just DO it? Support on these big games is just so effing slow. It’s like they’re not even prepared for a patching cycle after release. “What, we need to retain personnel to work on stuff people have already given us their money for? Yeah, right.”

One day, I’ll be going full Indie.

17. SuperNashwanPower says:

Proper quicksave key next please Ubi.

• SuperNashwanPower says:

OK I am really hacked off. I am doing a “find the documents in the lab” mission. Last night I played about 90% of it. When I died during it, I went back to a checkpoint that at least saved most of my progress.

Last night I closed the game, because you know, HUMANS SLEEP AT SOME POINT, figuring I would pick up at the last checkpoint. And now this morning? Guess what. I have to play the whole fucking mission again. UBI. ITS NOT THAT GOOD A MISSION. I don’t want to repeat the fucking thing.

GIVE ME A QUICKSAVE KEY and let me use it whenever the hell I want. This system is retarded and makes me not want to play your game.

• Irate Earwig says:

Yeah I know how you feel, worst save system I’ve seen for awhile. Trying to film something difficult from a particular spot is a nightmare e.g. proximity flying with the wingsuit. I have driven up the same mountain hundreds of times to try a particular run.

• Bent Wooden Spoon says:

Don’t own it yet, waiting for more patches, but apparently there is one – F9, with F11 to quickload.

There’s also a dedicated save option that works in the menu, so you should probably have used that rather than just shutting down the game.

• El Stevo says:

The quicksave and the save in the menu do the same thing, which is to save the player’s inventory and state, but not the player’s exact position (when loading you spawn at the nearest quick travel location) or the world state. During missions you cannot save, and must rely on the checkpoints.

18. Casimir's Blake says:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SANE let us turn off QUEST WAYPOINTS.

If I want to explore a cave, let me do it my way please! Though so far they have been frustratingly Skyrim*cough* I mean linear…

19. Shadowcat says:

> missing QTE prompts

Oh FFS, Far Cry 3 has quick-time events? Yuck. What were they thinking?

• Grey Ganado says:

I don’t mind quicktime events, as long as the keys I have to press provoke actions that are similar to what the key would normally do.

• BlackAlpha says:

It’s not so bad. Most QTE are very short and easy, like hand to hand combat or wrestling an alligator.

• Old Rusty Dusty says:

I’m not a fan of QTE either, but the original version of the UI fix mod completely removed the interface including QTE prompts… but the latest version just removes elements so you’ll still see them if you’d like to fix the UI now with the mod instead of waiting for Ubi to release a proper fix.

20. sinbad269 says:

GODAMMIT!!! I JUST FINISHED THE DAMN STORYLINE, with most of the extra stuff done! Why you do me like that Ubi? Huh? HUH?!

21. Jigowatt says:

Glad I held off on playing in the first week – hoped they’d see sense eventually! Not sure how much praise Ubisoft deserve for this though, considering many modern games manage to include HUD options at release (Dishonored is an excellent example. Hell, even Bioshock let you turn off “item shimmer” and “quest arrow”, way back in 2007). You’d think they’d have been able to foresee a backlash. But I guess I’m grateful they listened to our nagging anyway!

I’m a little bit baffled that RPS is fixated on the popups in particular though (especially considering that quote from Ubisoft refers to the HUD/UI in general). Sure, the popups are terrible, but so are the giant white enemy detection arrows, the flashing dead bodies + interactive items, and the ridiculously large mini-map. Not to mention the wallhack enemy tagging (and the accompanying orange skull icons). It’s all really really bad design.

22. radrex says:

finally registered to this my favourite site – there is a mod on this page here that fixes most of the annoyin HUD issues and makes the game way more immersive http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734046-Mods-for-Far-Cry-3/page15

23. mwoody says:

Hopefully we get separate volume sliders for music vs. other audio, too. Something about my setup makes the music overpower everything else, which is tough when you’re hunting using positional audio.

I’m surprised I’ve not seen more ire over this one: a game engine without a mixer in 2012? Really?

24. The Random One says:

Will they be replaced by huge pop-ups that remind you of what the F1 through F9 buttons do?

25. elfbarf says:

Hopefully they also fix the gamebreaking bug (loss of camera/rock throwing) that I’m experiencing.

26. the_fanciest_of_pants says:

I kind of wish there was any reason to roam around after you finish it and clear every base..there’s like 2 places you can find maybe 5 enemies after you clear it all… no more enemy patrols either.

Oh well, map editor time I guess.

27. LuizPSC says:

Is a really good thing to then hear it.

But i wanted another simple thing, to holster my weapon, because of something.

*everbody sit, story time*

I been playing Disnhored a litle and my mom saw me when she get near to my room, and she saw me looking to a river with the city in the another side of the river, and she tell me how this is beatifull, and how this could be a great wallpaper.

So after some time, i turned off all the HUD things (i mean, only the simple dot in the aim and the life is on setting contextual) picked the Hoversnap and made the photo, and then i send to her and she really liked.

So in all my playthough i try to find some good places to take a photo and send to her, and i want to do the same in Far Cry 3, but because of all the pop-ups and because i can´t lively hoster my weapon and turn off all the Screen info, would grant some really wallpapers to her.

End of story, and sorry for any grammar mistake and etc.

• grenadeh says:

Frankly the context specific holstering is annoying, I agree. I want to voluntarily holster.

It’s odd though, I have so few complaints about this game. I love US but im not a fanboy, I ripped AC3 apart in my review and I definitely recognize when they implement shitty/troll/bad design. I didn’t think I’d like FC3 but the more i looked at it and read, and now that I’m near the end of the game.

Except this stealth mission, it pisses me off, especially when enemies suddenly and randomly tun around when they never do.

28. mehteh says:

Remove Uplay DRM and ill buy your game

29. Citrus says:

How about a patch that allows us to lower the bloody music volume? Was it really hard to put a volume slider for music?

30. Arglebargle says:

Hey! We’re fixing a single UI issue that anyone with a smidgin of sense would have realized was a problem. One that should have been optional at release. Maybe we’ll work on those other problems mentioned in this thread. Those that should have been considered before release too.

Me, I am going to work on saving change up, to buy the game when it hits $5.

• grenadeh says:

The game is certainly worth a purchase – I am not a fan of FPS anymore, haven’t been since they were cool back when I was a kid, but I honestly like this game. It’s not racist as some have claimed – the magical negro trope doesn’t even apply because the people aren’t even conclusively black – the villains are clearly white/hispanic/germanic and even Citra isn’t really black. It’s an island in the south pacific, ctfo. It may be a littttttle racist but in all honesty there isn’t any actual magic and the “natives” don’t do the entirety of the self-discovery-aiding for the PC.

Even if you never play the story, it’s a good sandbox shooter to run around and kill everyone in.

31. Bob says:

Ah, good news. The only solution I’ve seen so far has been associated with a trainer and I don’t want to grab one just so I can remove the HUD. I’m not far into the game but it’s not too bad.

• Old Rusty Dusty says:

As mentioned previously, a very basic mod already exists which fixes essentially all of the UI issues. This method is not a trainer or even similar to one, and it simply involves some minor edits made to the game’s primary dll file to remove flags for specific UI elements. I myself have been using the mod since I started playing Far Cry 3, and can safely say that it does not inhibit stability or cause any red flags for Punkbuster or any anti-cheat software.

The most recent version as radrex mentioned, can be found here:

32. Shooop says:

Am I reading this right? Ubisoft doing something positive based on customer feedback?

Has the world finally finished going mad?

33. 8bitbeard says:

Hey Ubisoft,
    While you’re listening to people’s complaints and all, considering you may change your mind at any moment and just ignore us all again, can we please just launch Far Cry 3 from Steam? I don’t care if it’s still tied to your UPlay funkymittens bullshit, but if I open Steam and click Far Cry 3, I expect Far Cry 3 to launch, not the UPlay launcher that nobody asked for. Thanks.

34. grenadeh says:

Good. Other than overpowered bears/heavies, that’s the only thing wrong with the game. Oh and the fact that you can’t customize any of the privateer guns for the first hour you have them.

• Brun says:

You need to get the AMR – it’s a signature weapon you get from collecting enough (20-30?) relics. Basically it’s like the .50 caliber sniper rifles from other modern shooters and in addition to being able to one-shot every enemy in the game I have encountered thus far (including bears and heavies) it can also shoot directly through most cover and some walls. As an added bonus, regular enemies are blown back several feet when shot by it.

• CrazedIvan says:

Whhaaat? I gotta get my hands on this gun.

By the by, most of the heavy Pirates have the backs of their heads exposed, on shot with a bow or a high powered gun with make quick and easy work of them until you get the Heavy Take Down Move. Granted this exposed area is really small. Make sure you do not miss, otherwise duck for cover and hope they don’t sound the alarm.

• Brun says:

Most of the Signature Weapons are similarly powerful (or overpowered, depending on how you look at it), simply by virtue of the fact that most of them carry 3 attachments (although you cannot pick and choose the attachments). I’ve unlocked all but 1 of them so far, as I am an OCD completionist. They are:

1) AMR – Sniper Rifle I described above.
          2) Shadow – a silenced 1911 with extended mag and reflex sight.
          3) Shredder – Vector .45 ACP with very large magazine, silencer, optical sight, and very high damage and rate of fire.
          4) Bull – a very powerful standard pump action shotgun.
          5) An LMG with optical sight and high accuracy.
          6) ????

So far I’ve only really used the AMR (because of its aforementioned ability to one-shot ANYTHING, including bears and heavies, even with body shots) and the Shredder because its high damage and silencer make it incredibly potent as a stealth weapon (one or two hits from this weapon – even body or limb shots – will kill regular enemies, and it has a very high rate of fire). I assume (or hope) that the last one (obtained from capturing all 18 of the radio towers) is an Assault Rifle of some kind.

That said the Signature Weapons aren’t all-powerful, they all seem to have some kind of real disadvantage. The Shredder has a very large magazine and a very high rate of fire so it chews through SMG ammo (already less than plentiful) very quickly, and you can only carry 240 rounds with max ammo pouches. The AMR has very few disadvantages but I guess the biggest one is that it is not silenced (in fact it is *very* loud), and it has a relatively long reload time for a sniper rifle.

• darkChozo says:

The last one is a silenced whatever-they-call-an-M4 with a marksman sight (and extended mags, I think, don’t have the game handy). There’s also a .44 magnum with a optical sight that you can get for magic Uplay points. The main problem with the signature weapons in general is that you can’t pick and choose which attachments you get, which is mostly a problem if you don’t like the sight they have, otherwise they’re pretty good.

The non-signature version of the AMR is also pretty good, it can be silenced and is a OHK on heavies on a headshot. Perfect for playing the sneaky sniper.

35. Nethlem says:

More options are great, but what about actual FIXES of things that are actually broken, like custom bindings?

I’m always amazed how many games these days simply break in places, because the player is using a custom control layout and not WASD. What happens in QA? Do playtesters never try alternate layouts? Should i got into the QA business with my unique skill of using an ESDF setup?

Why add the option when you only add it half-assed? Using the example of Far Cry 3: Controls of the Glider and Wing Suit are hard-coded to WASD. Additional to that i can’t for the love of god figure out which key is supposed to open the parachute for the Wing Suit, as all the OnScreen tooltipps regarding controls show only hard coded gibberish.

So now i’m pretty angry for having a Wing Suit and a parachute i can’t use, in a game where falldamage is like your worst enemy. Now i’m forced to use my Wing Suit to do waterlandings -_-

Still a great game!

36. Fredrik Sellevold says:

Ye gods, the notifications; they will not stop John was right! John was right! WHY DIDN¨T I LISTEN!!!

Fortunately, Ubisoft did! Yay!

I think I’m going to put the game on hold until the next patch arrives to put things right. Because if this goes on, bad things will happen. This obnoxious pestering is really ruining my fun.

37. Smashbox says:

Is it possible that this kind of thing could appeal to anyone?

38. quintesse says:

Well for me proper save games allow me to try things out, I love seeing what happens if I try to do things differently than expected, or try several different ways to see what happens. But in FC3 I can’t do that because if I fail it might set me back to wherever and I’ll need to do everything again. Now luckily FC3 isn’t too difficult but still, too many times I’ve taken the safe option knowing that it was what the game wanted me to do.

At other moments the game is too lenient though. Later in the game when you have to blow up some stuff I would get overrun by bad guys each time just after the explosion. The game happily restored me into the *next* part of the quest with me and my buddy fully healed, ready for the next one. If *I* would do that myself I’d say I was cheating and to me the game was cheating me out of an opportunity to learn how to survive that fight properly.

So I personally hate save points, give me *unlimited* save games every time.

39. lith says:

In real life, cassowaries don’t peck, they kick. They’re what velociraptors evolved into, basically. But yes, it is a bit unbalanced.

On thing which annoyed me, in the second half of the game (SPOILER) is that your character detaches himself from his parachute when skydiving about ten feet above the ground and lands perfectly undamage…but if you release yourself from a hang glider two feet above the ground, say goodbye to about two bars of health.

Oh, and the skinning thing. Same goes with opening doors – apparently the best place to be to open a door is about six feet away from it.

Comment on this story