Clickity-Clack, Clickity-Clack: March Of The Eagles

By John Walker on December 12th, 2012 at 2:00 pm.

A few years back, seeing a game was published by Paradox meant you could be sure it was going to be something like March Of The Eagles – a hardcore-looking RTS, more map than bump mapping. The Napoleonic warmongering follows a decade of the era, from 1805 to 1815 (see how I didn’t do a lame “ten minutes!” joke – that’s how you know I love you), and is shown off in a new trailer.

I say “shown off” – it’s close-ups of a map. Because that’s what these games are, right? Right? I’ve no idea. They look so far from anything I’d want to deliberately spend my time playing that it may as well be close-ups of tax forms. Fortunately you’re not as big of a weedy wimp as me, and you see: WAR-BASED POTENTIAL.

Alongside the sorts of strategic complexity you’d expect from the single-player game, Paradox Plaza also promise 32 player multiplayer. It’s due out at some point in the first quarter of next year.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. mgardner says:

I am holding out for the sequel, hopefully they use this same engine for March of the Penguins.

2. MrLebanon says:

32 player multiplayer?

have they ever even fixed the metaserver in CK2?

• AlphaCentauri says:

Was there ever any problems with it?

• Captain Joyless says:

“Was there ever any problems with it”???????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME

It’s been completely non-functional for MONTHS!

This is the kind of situation where you if you find yourself asking a 100% ignorance question, JUST F**** GOOGLE IT instead of wasting everyone’s time.

Biggest problem with humanity: inability to understand when the answer is most efficiently acquired in 0.9 seconds by your own efforts as opposed to asking someone else.

3. Carra says:

Time to be a real man and conquer those Russians.

4. wodin says:

Maybe Tim Stone is the best person to do these sorts of game son here.

5. thebigJ_A says: