Company For Company Of Heroes 2: Multiplayer Trailer

By John Walker on December 13th, 2012 at 5:03 pm.

Company Of Heroes 2 is churning out the content at the moment. Alec recently got his hands on it, and Nathan had a chat with the developers to see where they may go next. And there’s a lot of emphasis being put into its multiplayer. You can see how it’s panning out in the brand new trailer, that’s absolutely packed with in-game footage, below.

WAR!

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. phelix says:

That trailer music better not be in the final game.

• arleneroberts says:

If you think Marie`s story is amazing,, a month ago mother in law also brought home $9744 workin 40 hours a month from there house and their buddy’s step-sister`s neighbour was doing this for eight months and brought home over $9744 part time from their labtop. applie the information on this page..Read More

2. Quatlo says:

Judging from trailer we will have a lot of combat speeches. And I love them, oh how much I do love them. In dawn of war 2 your units were yeling different things depending with who were they fighting, how were they fighting etc, it adds greatly to my immersion and pleasure from playing such a rts. I hope relic will do it even better in CoH 2

3. Gaytard Fondue says:

“I have heavy accent so you can tell that I’m Russian”

• simoroth says:

It’s a shame they wont include a mode where the troops speak their native tongue. Would certainly add a lot of flavour to the game.

• zaprowsdower says:

In the Eastern Front mod for Coh 1, the Russian units speak their native tongue entirely. It’s great and adds to the atmosphere of the game.

4. sonson says:

Looks fun enough, but I have no idea why it’s taken them 8(?) years. It looks like COH in Russia. That’s it.

5. Phinor says:

I have pretty much one Christmas wish: alpha access key. I can’t believe I missed the opportunity earlier this week. I spend way too much time in the Internet and still managed to miss a historical event like that.

6. zaprowsdower says:

I’m excited for this but I wish they would have set it in the Pacific Theater or a different era. It looks really similar to the Eastern Front mod for CoH 1.

7. Jenga says:

Was that suppose to get me hyped for the game or feel really sorry for Relic?

• soulis6 says:

@ Jenga, why would it make you feel sorry for Relic? Game is fantastic. Best thing that’s come out of THQ since the first game.

8. JayeRandom says:

Why isn’t the StuG at 1:17 crashing through the ice?

9. TimMc says:

But will it blend?

Sorry I mean, but will it be balanced?

Relic games are notoriously terrible for balance. Every expansion they introduce more terrible, imbalancing tech or races to the game. Relic games are a joy to play on SP, but MP has never been much besides organising with your friends to intentionally engage eachother in a cinematic battle. “No wait don’t attack, let me get a few more units so this looks cooler”.

• Bhazor says:

To be fair they’ve said they have no intention of making it balanced for pro play. Hopefully that means they’ll be doing more asymmetric map types. Like for example 2 players controlling a small but heavily fortified base and the other 2 players having much more resources and having to swarm the base. Or new modes like an assassination mode or even a kind of easter egg hunt where each player has a tank and needs to race and find the treasures hidden inside the scenery. Would really like RTS to get past the 1vs1 Starcraft mold.

That said vanilla CoH is the only the RTS I enjoyed playing online.

• Puppy says:

Where did they say that they didn’t want to balance the game for “pro-play”? What does that even mean? Isn’t a game just plain balanced or not balanced?

If what you say is true, it’s profoundly heartbreaking :(. I’ve never played MP so much until I played COH. Imbalances and all.

10. Puppy says:

I didn’t understand the trailer (though I’m looking forward to the game).

What are these “commanders” whatever, and what were their objectives? How is this a multiplayer trailer aside from the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, at the end?

11. killuminati says:

Meh.. the game looks stunning like the previous iterations (this could not be a good point given the time that has passed but.. ok). I’m so fed up with WW2 scenarios that maybe I cannot get excited anymore for any COH game (I own all of theme.. thx steam sale!) and I wished for a DOW3 that could really represent the atmosphere of the first DOW series. DOW2 was fun but no base building at all and 10 units moving on screen was far too low interesting (not mentioning the stupid amount of texture DLC and the lack of races to play from the previous titles of the series).
    And one thign that really bugs me is.. in 2013 (almost) we still have tank shooting at each other 10 metres away?? Really??
    The maps are too narrow honestly, hence why they never used any aircraft in the game, woulb be flying of screen in a couple of seconds!

Comment on this story