This Is My Playground

By Alec Meer on December 17th, 2012 at 6:00 pm.

click to enlarge

With gaming no longer a mere pastime but instead a major lifestyle choice which defines our very souls, it’s important that those who play videogames for a living share their special areas with the great unwashed of the general public. How else to make them dream the impossible dream, to have them aspire to a life of miracles and multiple different places to sit? I have been so inspired by the openness, honesty and trust other game journalists have recently demonstrated by revealing their luxurious, swag-filled play areas to the world, and now I know what it is I must do.

So, for the first time, today I exclusively invite you into my innermost sanctum: the place where I play videogames by mself, where I write Rock, Paper, Shotgun and where I go to look at websites that I don’t want anyone else knowing I look at. I think you’ll agree, it’s something quite special.

1. This is the 4′ x 6′ room where I do most of my planned gaming and blogging, the days when I know I’m going to be spending hours typing weird sarcastic response articles to weird lifestyle features written by distressingly wealthy people who I’ve never met. I’ve got it all here – chair, keyboard, some speakers I found on the street, three monitors, two of which malfunction. One day I hope to put in a fourth monitor, but for now I just use three and pray that it’s enough to keep track of all the very important information I need to know about 24/7. One day I forgot to switch on the third monitor and I ended up missing a new trailer for Borderlands 2. I know, right?

2. I’m an important man with a very serious job, and if I’m not in complete comfort at all times I might feel unable to put all my opinions about videogames onto the internet, so I saved up for this for three years. Some of my friends are actually angry with me that I only heat myself with a £10 electric heater rather than a £30 oil-filled mobile radiator, but I guess I just don’t feel inspired to do anything about that right now. I might need to get an extension cord or something.

3. This part of my desk is supposed to be a sort of game blogging-free bastion, but I managed to sneak some unclaimed expense receipts onto there. That ring on the right? That’s for my favourite coffee cup, the one with the green stripes that we picked up during a moment of madness in Waitrose.

4. This is the view from my window, which is a patch of scrubland behind this apartment block. It’s very important to me that I can see some kind of greenery every day, otherwise I’m not able to post game trailers without feeling a bit sad. Also, in the evenings you can hear foxes noisily screwing each other out there. I never let my girlfriend forget it, either. I love to interrupt conversations at parties to tell whomever will listen that I can hear foxes screwing outside the room I work in.

5. This is some of the stuff I’ve collected over the years, which I keep on a bookcase behind the door. Sometimes I just stand in front of that bookcase for hours, thinking about how amazing my stuff is, until someone opens the door and I get crushed. This is also where I keep my swag, which right now is just a remote control tank I was given about three years ago by 1C. I should probably give it to charity because that’s the kind of guy I am, but I’m hanging onto it because it has a real firing mechanism that I want to try and annoy seagulls with one day. I don’t what that black thing is.

6. Here is a) my state of the art sound system which I bought off a guy on Gumtree, and b) my state of the art air conditioning. It looks like a real Dyson fan, but actually it’s a bootleg because I’m so anti-corporations.

7. I have a collection of Soundwaves, because I think it’s really important for an important online pioneer like me to keep in touch with my past even while I write the words that will help to define humanity’s future.

8. This is my filing system and Gaming Accessory Battlestation. When I need to get even more serious about games, this is where I come to. The cable on that gamepad just about reaches the back of my PC, so I only have to lean forwards in my Argos office chair a little.

9. Yeah, there’s 10p on the floor. No biggie. I’m not the kind of guy who needs to pick up every 10p he sees. I could leave that there forever, just to show how unimportant money is to me.

I’m not allowed to play games anywhere else in our flat, though sometimes I use the iPad while on the khazi.

, , .

1. godofdefeat says:

AKA almost every journalist´s gaming playground in a nutshell. (Except for the one´s with offices).

2. Premium User Badge Morph says:

I don’t know if this is a response to something specific, but it was hilarious.

• SF Legend says:

Since it’s Brian Crecente, this video needs to be posted.

• The First Door says:

See, now I sort of wish I hadn’t followed that link.

• RobinOttens says:

Dear god, that article makes playing games seem like some sort of holy endeavor. A TV with an xbox in front of it is sacred, man. Take a good wide-angled, partially out-of-focus picture of it to show the unwashed masses what a gaming setup looks like.

• Guvornator says:

“When we bought the house, this room was a closet. ”

This basically translates as: “When we bought the house, we were fucking loaded, plebs”

• Apack990 says:

Heh heh, lol

• Apack990 says:

Didn’t know he was a govrnment minister.

• tetracycloide says:

• Guvornator says:

Not without folding it up.

• Premium User Badge Gap Gen says:

A closet is technically a space too small for foxes to fuck in.

• ericbrasure says:

“It does? How do you figure? Normal people can’t put furniture in a room that used to be a closet?”

Brian Crecente’s office used to be a closet because the previous owners had turned a bedroom into a closet, not because he bought a small house and needed to find a space to work in and so he had to work in a closet, and therefore when he “likes” to tell people his office used to be a closet, he is using people’s expectations of what it must mean for your financial situation to have to work out of a closet, to imply that he is less-well-off than he actually is, because apparently this is a thing that well-off people that live in the suburbs like to do.

• IncredibleBulk92 says:

Instagram has a lot to answer for.

• tetracycloide says:

You’ve mixed up depth of field with out of focus.

• ecat says:

Goes to show that money and vast expanses of space don’t make for a happy life, look at how sad the drawers look in the 4th picture… I’m sure Alec has very happy drawers :)

• brecherbernd says:

Thanks for posting. Watching this and reading the article and not just skip-reading it made me giggle.

• Homercleese says:

Why in the name of sweet baby Jebus does he pronounce ‘swag’ as ‘sheah-waaag’? That alone is enough to irritate me. But of course I’m already irritated because I’ve started watching the video and observed how poor Brian has to squeeze into his teeny weeny children’s chair because his eyes are failing.

Gah!, I barely even know anything about this Brian fella and now I’m annoyed at myself for disliking him all thanks to this pretentious video series. I would’ve just enjoyed Alex’s piece if I hadn’t followed that link.

• DJ Madeira says:

In Alec’s defense, that guy has way more money than I thought it was possible for someone who writes on the internet about interactive entertainment for a living.

Alec, I don’t mean to be insensitive, but this very jealous attitude is kinda off-putting. I’m not rich either; I’ve never actually purchased a game at retail because I simply can’t afford it. But I don’t complain about it either (except just now, but I was making a point, don’t you see, so that makes it ok).

• Taidan says:

I’d insert a snarky line about the obvious difference in earnings between a lowly “real” games journalist like our Mr. Meer and those of an industry mouthpiece such as the staff of “the other place”, but I have no desire to summon Rossignol for a flamewar this evening, as I have a boxset of Avatar: The Last Airbender to try and finish up.

Oh wait, I just did it anyway. Woe is me.

• Premium User Badge VelvetFistIronGlove says:

I think you’re confusing jealousy for simple mocking.

• Low Life says:

With maybe a bit of healthy realism for anyone wanting to make a career out of writing about games.

• DJ Madeira says:

Seriously, I don’t know how anyone can possibly live the tiny ad revenues generated by a comparatively tiny slice of people who read about video games for extended chunks of their lives. And even then it’s such a fiercely competitive world. And all of this is just from outside observation; it must be even worse than I imagine it. Come to think of it, you guys at RPS are nuts.

• Sarkhan Lol says:

I thought it was an entertaining and good-natured parody.

• DocSeuss says:

I believe Crecente’s wife has a job as well, which might be why they moved to New York, since he can work from pretty much anywhere.

• Shuck says:

“jealous attitude”
        Seems like a completely reasonable piss-taking attitude in response to something ridiculous to me.

• Somerled says:

Jealous? Alec’s mandungeon looks just about perfect (bar fox debauchery). Slightly overlarge and sparse rooms put me on edge, for some reason.

• Mirqy says:

It’s *envious* that he isn’t being, not jealous. Well, obviously he isn’t being jealous either, but the word you’re specifically oh never mind I’m going for a cup of tea.

• roryok says:

Some of us pay top dollar for fox debauchery. In fact, Alec could make a bit of extra income slapping a webcam out that window I’d wager.

• Zogtee says:

A slow news day, I take it.

I have no idea who this Brian fellow is, but I don’t see what is ” ridiculous” about his home or what justifies a piss-take like this. Looking through the text and the comments (OMG out-of-focus photo!), you might get the idea Brian lives in high luxury in a castle of his own, but it looks pretty normal to me. You know, an actual home. If you spend time doing something, it’s not uncommon to try and create a nice environment around it.

• goettel says:

Honestly, never heard of this guy.

I doubt there was jealousy at work here, but I know good writing was.

3. Belsameth says:

Holy fuck, that’s small.
    Also, Hi cat! \o/

• Poliphilo says:

As someone who recently lost a dear feline family member and friend all mentions of cat still fill my throat up a little. The only thing I want to say to all cat or pet lovers is; please don’t take them for granted, not even for gaems!

*sniff*

• rei says:

*hug*

• Belsameth says:

*hug*
        I never would. I have 4 of the furry fiends here (including a black on!) and a 5th that died this summer. (Now immortalized by arrogantly looking out over my Twitter…)

• spongthe1st says:

This.

My family’s previous cat was very old when I was still living at home, it was quite typical for his breed to get kidney failure later in life which is a slow wasting disease.

At the time he seemed fine, if a little demanding and I had to look after him while my parents were on holiday.

Several nights he was demanding attention while I was gaming and I didn’t give him as much attention as i should’ve, I kept him well fed and watered and made sure he was safe, but I didn’t want to constantly cuddle him.

Then my parents got back the following week and he took a real downward turn. We had to have him put down a week later and I was devastated.

This was years ago now and we have two new cats but every time I think about him and that last week with him I get choked up.

I regret putting gaming first in what turned out to be the last week of his life. :’(

• solymer89 says:

I’m sorry for your lose, but it really makes one think that we need to get this whole space-time continuum thing under control!

• killuminati says:

Aw man, I know how you feel.
          I lost my first cat while I was working abroad and when I got back home my father told me he died in his laps. The poor little thingy fell in a sort of depression after my mother passed away, almost a year before..
          Damn that was a hard time in my life indeed..

• Guvornator says:

I feel your pain. My favorite cat is currently buried under a bunch of nasturtiums in my parents garden. She used to enjoy sitting on them, so it sort of seems right (although it may be some retrospective vengeance on behalf of my mum, whose plants they were…)

• mouton says:

No reason for a dedicated PC gaming room to be big. It’s not like you move off the chair much – or look around, for that matter.

• roryok says:

It might seem small, but I think that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I used to game in a much bigger room, but I moved into a smaller one by choice (actually slightly smaller than Alec’s). It’s easier to heat a small room, and my computer crap doesn’t spread out so much when I have less space. I like the cramped quarters and having everything within arms reach. It makes me feel like I’m in a submarine or something

4. Shantara says:

Is that a health bar over something (someone?) hidden in the bushes in #4?

5. Floomi says:

I think that’s a 5p, which makes you a goddamn liar. JOURNALISM AT ITS WORST

• Pengun says:

What did it cost to get five added to it’s score to make it up to a ten? We can all clearly see that it’s a five but you’ve still given it a 10. Corruption! Madness! Doritos!

• Guvornator says:

To be fair, due to the incredibly low wages games journos get, it is common to hope that all 5ps are secretly worth 10p…

• Koozer says:

Maybe he just hasn’t seen any denominations higher than the 1 and 2p coins he gets thrown at him in the street for his articles?

• Alec Meer says:

I can assure you it’s 10p. Your eyes are being fooled because the picture is about the size of an actual 5p.

• Sinky says:

Forgive him, he’s so poor that he doesn’t know what money looks like any more.

• tomeoftom says:

I dunno, reads like a 7p.

• fish99 says:

I still remember the old 10p which you needed a crane to get off the floor.

6. Optimaximal says:

*applause*

I also appreciate the taxidermy exhibition on the bookshelf!

7. Sp4rkR4t says:

Brilliant but what the hell is this in reference to?

8. airtekh says:

Yay for electric heaters!

I’d be screwed without it, my mouse movement is severely hampered if my hands are cold.

• seamoss says:

Absolutely! I’ve got a portable oil-filled radiator right next to my desk in my basement so that I can warm my hands when they get cold & numb from too much gaming (and I live in Colorado…)

• Premium User Badge JB says:

I have a lo-tech solution, I wear fingerless gloves. Cheaper to run than a heater, if not quite as pleasant/effective.

• Gorf says:

I have a £30 oil filled mobile radiator!!

• Guvornator says:

OooooOOOoooo, look at Mr Lah-de-DAAAAH, coming ’round here with your oil filled radiator, like Lord Snooty. In my day we used to burn game packaging to keep warm, and we were glad to do it! F14 Fleet Defender’s manual kept me warm for days…

9. ShineyBlueShoes says:

I like that the cat is part of the collection and required to sit in that exact spot without moving at all times.

Edit: Upon further inspection did you murder and pose a cat?

10. NathanH says:

This is a good article because it isn’t completely clear pre-jump that it is a pisstake. The advantage of this approach is that not only does the reader get to appreciate a pisstake, they also have a small moment of hope that it’s not a pisstake and they’ll have the opportunity to make a post about how much Alec Meer is a prat.

Of course, it could be argued that losing the chance of calling Alec Meer a prat is too great a price to pay for a mere pisstake, but then the reader can rest easy in the knowledge that Alec Meer will write an article full of animal noises or memefaces in the next few days.

• Premium User Badge Thermal Ions says:

But can it still be called a genuine pisstake if it IS his gaming / writing sanctum?

11. IneptFromRussia says:

What is the model of that middle monitor? Currently looking for a second one for my setup, but i’m amazed how much tat is there on the market right now.

12. DanPryce says:

Ooh, I’ve got two of those heaters at home.

13. Crane says:

I like that the only bit of title I can read on any of the books appears to simply say “KINKS 200″.

• MacTheGeek says:

Is that not a shelf of LPs, for use on the turntable in the next shot?

If so, we could be looking at some sort of compilation by The Kinks.

Or perhaps that shelf really does contain books, and that one needs to be punished for having behaved so improperly.

14. limbeckd says:

I knew it. There’s no way you could afford such a sweet pad if RPS hadn’t sold out to the man.

• Badgercommander says:

Look at that chair, it even has arm rests! Such decadence!

• Tams80 says:

Arms?! Back int’ my day we didn’t even have arms on our chairs!

• Premium User Badge particlese says:

Back in my day, we didn’t even have arms.

• Rawrian says:

Back in my day, we didn’t have days! So we hunted rats in the eternal night, armless, and you know what, trying to grab a live rat with your teeth is quite difficult.

• Premium User Badge particlese says:

Hats off to you — that is quite the feat! The fastest thing I ever managed to catch was a lettuce.

• Adekan says:

My chair has only one arm, does this make me half way to being a respectable games journalist?

• Skabooga says:

If he had any respect for the common man, he’d play computer games on the ground like the rest of us.

• Zarunil says:

Look at that fancy door handle!

15. Visualante says:

Bloody foxes, used to get that a lot in Bournemouth.

• serioussgtstu says:

If you hear two foxes screwing, do you immediately know what is making the sound, or do you have to see it happening in order to truly grasp what you’re witnessing?

• Floomi says:

It’s an awful, unearthly sound, and in your mind you imagine it’s two babies with rabies fighting to the death. Then you scour your mind for what else it might be (this is Britain, we don’t do that here), and you remember seeing a fox crossing the road the other night.

So to answer your question: you don’t immediately know. It takes two guesses.

• Premium User Badge tigerfort says:

Or just scour your mind, with bleach. Because it’s a frankly hideous noise that clearly indicates unearthly suffering, and you want to forget that you ever heard it.

• Premium User Badge particlese says:

>_>
          <_<
          *youtube when no one's looking*

WOW that's a freaky sound! If I hear it in real life, I'll probably jump like the first time I heard this one dog in my aprartment complex: At the time, I could only imagine that someone had met a violent end, slowly enough to yell incoherently on their way down (even though I'm in a safe area). Fortunately (for my immediate sanity, anyway), it made the noise another few times with more small-dog-sounds mixed in. I can't stand those little dung machines some times…cats are great, though. :D

• Alec Meer says:

One day there were two foxes out there. For several weeks there were these horrible screaming noises at night. Then one day there were three extra, much smaller foxes out there too.

• Premium User Badge AmateurScience says:

Science!

• MacTheGeek says:

Can’t sound any worse than the raccoon fights I hear in the wooded area behind my house.

• Guvornator says:

After copulation the male fox’s penis can become trapped inside the female for up to 11hrs. Imagine what noises you’d make if your cock was stuck in something for up to 11hrs*, then multiply it by something that, on a good day, sounds like banshee that just accidentally shut it’s thumb in a car door, then we’ll talk about who’s nocturnal scavenger makes the most noise…

*involuntarily, I know what you’re like ;)

• Premium User Badge Gap Gen says:

What.

• Premium User Badge particlese says:

What.

Ooo! I saw this nature doc about Yellowstone National Park (BBC Earth series) where they explained a similar thing about wolves, but it was more like 5 mintues, I think… Apparently, the females sometimes meet up with males from other packs, which helps with the whole genetic diversity thing but pisses off their pack leader. It was suggested that the lock-in helps increase the chances of success before the leader comes to break them up and/or kill the outsider. It’s simultaneously fascinating, repulsive, scary, and hilarious. And “science!”, as so eloquently put by AmateurScience.

With or without a question mark, you asked! :P

…11 hours is just insane, though…

• Rawrian says:

Maybe they were their midget relatives and the screaming was foxes’ alternative of the phone call to invite your midget friends to the party in the backyard of a celebrity!

• LennyLeonardo says:

I used to live in a ground floor flat whose bedroom window was more or less in a bush frequented by naughty foxes. Those sounds are utterly mad.

16. McDan says:

Thoroughly amazing.

You sire, are living the dream.

No sarcasm, this article is brilliant and hilarious.

17. Drake Sigar says:

It took five kidnappings and a few years study, but I found the optimum temperature for a game journalist is a crisp 18 °C, only then are the creative juices at their highest.

18. DocSeuss says:

My understanding of the Polygon posts was that they were inspired by some forum threads prior to the move from The Verge to Polygon’s stand-alone site. Chris Grant, the EIC, kicked everything off with his post, and it sounded like they’d be allowing their community members to participate in showing their gaming setups.

This is fairly common practice across gaming boards, so while I enjoy this article (quite a bit, in fact; it reminds me of Old Man Murray in tenor and tone), as a piece of satire, it does little for me.

• yrrnn says:

Agreed. I don’t think the satire was necessary. I actually like seeing what kind of gaming setups different people and journalists have, even poky little offices in East Sussex belonging to RPS writers. So, uh, I guess thanks for sharing Alec.

• mpk says:

I thought the Polygon piece was incredibly self-indulgent. It’s not the sort of thing I personally have any interest in and I don’t really think it has a place on the front page of a “serious” site.

Alec’s response was perfectly pitched and I hope it’s received in the correct manner.

• roryok says:

so do we not like Polygon anymore? Someone tell me what to think!

• Groove says:

I agree with self-indulgant. I’m used to people posting these things, but surely a picture or two covers basically everything there is to say? Also, is it that interesting any more? Before multiple monitors became common-place and video-gaming was generally a younger-person’s hobby these were quite fun, but now I have a good part of the Polygon setup myself.

19. FurryLippedSquid says:

“Yeah, there’s 10p on the floor. No biggie.”

This made me guffaw loudly.

20. ruaidhri.k says:

we have the same wallet
    Since i am so well to do i have two of those black cats.
    My home office is approx 6×7 feet which is larger than yours.
    So i think we can categorically state that I am considerably richer that you.

21. Michael Fogg says:

Radiation from these three screens slowly burning away the skin…

22. felisc says:

you have quite a nice view from the window. working while seeing trees and grass is pretty cool. also yay for vinyl records, you’re the best.

• mr.black says:

That’s relative. I can see lots of green bushes from my window where my neighbor’s house should be, but that doesn’t relax like a real nature, when you realize it’s there only cause no one could afford to build a house there, and left the perfect building parcel go to waste, run wild with bushes, act as a bit of rubbish heap and probably is home for rodents in the middle of the neighborhood..

23. Premium User Badge Lambchops says:

Joanna Newsom vinyl. Lovely.

Quite fancy one of those.

24. Yosharian says:

GIRLFRIEND?

Not a true nerd.

25. piecoughed says:

So much swag.

And cat, much cat.

26. FreezerBag says:

Am I the only person who couldn’t help but click on the ‘cribs’ tag and was disappointed to find this was the only article?

27. Rout says:

Soundwave is by far the greatest Transformer. I approve of your burgeoning collection.

28. caddyB says:

Lovely cat.

29. Dthen says:

Cat! CAT! CAT CAT CAT! Alec, you have a cat! Did you know you have a cat? Cats are good. I like cats. You have one. A cat. You have a cat! CAT! I REALLY like cats. Do you like cats? You should like cats. You have a cat. A CAT! CAT! MEOW! That’s the noise cats make. Did you know that? They go “meow, meow”! I really like cats. I saw a cat. Meow, meow! I really like cats.

• Premium User Badge Lambchops says:

It’s nice to see a bit of satire in the comments . . . or should that be . . . .

. . .

wait for it

. . .

just a second more . . .

CATIRE!

Iiiiithankyooouu!

30. DarkFarmer says:

aw, East Sussex is one of the only places I’ve been to in the UK! Also at least Alec gets a closet! My lair from where I intrepidly pilot Martian Arctic games as well as my day job is hanging out horribly exposed in the corner of my living room which is also my kitchen… and dining room.

Still beats living w your parents or in a dorm room any day.

31. UpsilonCrux says:

@Alec Meer; shamelessly off-topic, but what did you make of Have One On Me? Also, just out of curiousity, was it you who posted Sleep Research Facility as the music for a Sunday Papers ages back?

P.S. Shame on you! Unwind that controller cable! Shame on me also, I speak from the loss of two wired controllers to grievous cable torsion

32. Greggh says:

This was the most awesome post EVER* in the history of this site.

*seconded by the one which had that cute little girl which reminded me of my niece :D

33. x1501 says:

Shouldn’t there be a tenth footnote for the piss bucket?

34. RobinOttens says:

Where’s the video tour Alec?

35. fallingmagpie says:

Chair with its back to the door? Risky. Very risky.

• LionsPhil says:

Bad Feng Shui.

Also distracting as all hell if you’re even slightly paranoid, even if there’s nothing but wholesomeness on your monitors and you’re sure nobody’s sent a bald man with a suit and red tie after you.

• Radiant says:

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

• Sleepymatt says:

Personally I believe Alec sits in the chair as it’s pictured, and just cranes his neck and arms 90 degrees to the right to play. Bad posture must be better than bad feng shui….

36. Om says:

Serious question: How do you play or write about games all day without ending up riddled with RSI?

• Moraven says:

Breaks, stretching, don’t let hands get cold. Advil.

(Program by day, game at night)

Doing non keyboard gaming activities time to time also helps.

• LionsPhil says:

And while you’re taking the breaks, change your eye focal range to something other than “monitor”.

37. Premium User Badge jezcentral says:

I am totally and unironically proud of my gaming den. It has lots of blue lighting and a signed poster of Darth Vader (David Prowse).

38. realitysconcierge says:

I want one of these for every journalist on this site ^.^

39. danimalkingdom says:

Personally I’m just happy he has a copy of Have One On Me. Good man.

40. Laurentius says:

The heater bothers me a little, wouldn’t be enough to just turn your PC around and fire up Crysis or Metro ?

41. Squishpoke says:

A window? Top class.

42. Buttless Boy says:

That chair looks pretty snazzy.

43. The Dark One says:

Alec, how exactly did you fit that desk through the door, then rotate into its current orientation?

44. Edgar the Peaceful says:

What?! No reference to the lovely 35mm Nikon prime lens. What body have you got? /Slavering stalker.

• Rawrian says:

Quite a weird phrasing, “what body you have?”. Try something like “show me the goods” next time.

• Premium User Badge emotionengine says:

It’s not a weird thing to say when referring to (D)SLR cameras. Distinguishing between lenses and bodies just goes with the territory.

45. glock1974 says:

Brilliant article…..although this improves it 0.05%.

Maybe you should start a daily readers crib-photo-competition? Best Gaming crib photo every month wins the 10p.

• zbmott says:

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but it even translates the comments!

• Donjo says:

And.. now your comment is translate. Woah. I’d better look at it again.

• MrLebanon says:

it makes the RPS comments appear a lot more hostile than usual

• Premium User Badge darkChozo says:

“Cat, muthafucka! CAT, muthafucka! CAT CAT CAT, muthafucka! Alec, you gots a cold-ass lil cat, muthafucka! Did yo dirty ass know you gots a cold-ass lil cat, biatch? Pussies is phat. Y’all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! I like cats. Yo ass have one fo’ realz. A cat. Yo ass gots a cold-ass lil cat, muthafucka! CAT, muthafucka! I REALLY like cats. Do you like cats, biatch? Yo ass should like cats. Yo ass gots a cold-ass lil pussaaaaay fo’ realz. A CAT, muthafucka! CAT, muthafucka! MEOW, muthafucka! That’s tha noise pussies make. Did yo dirty ass know that, biatch? They go “meow, meow”, muthafucka! I straight-up gots nuff props fo’cats. I saw a cold-ass lil cat. Meow, meow, muthafucka! I straight-up gots nuff props fo’cats.”

I don’t know why I find this so funny.

• The Random One says:

“How tha fuck else ta make em trip tha impossible dream, ta have em aspire ta a thuglife of miraclez n’ multiple different places ta sit, biatch?”

That was beautiful.

46. Premium User Badge daphne says:

So I generally get the impression that Mr. Meer’s more grouchy than the rest of the RPS crew, so my initial reaction upon seeing this post was one along the lines of “wat”. Then I saw that it was a pisstake, but one that I really agree with.

And assuming it’s actually your gaming space, this is a post for the future “Greatest of RPS” compilations.

47. Premium User Badge PoulWrist says:

Thanks for sharing :D

48. amok777 says:

Right click and set as desktop background.
    Pretend I’m Alec Meer!

A new RPG for xmas!

49. The Random One says:

I’ve done the “this sounds like a band name” joke a lot lately, so I’ll pass this one. I’m not sure if it’s a good or bad idea to refrain from imagining what sort of band Foxes Noisily Screwing would be.

50. Premium User Badge cairbre says:

Alex your gaming den gets my vote. I’m glad to see you are spending my €1.56 wisely!