Merry Sausage-Swipe & A Happy Door Sniff From EVE

By Alec Meer on December 18th, 2012 at 9:00 pm.

put it away, Claus

We are under siege. Each day this week, and inevitably over the next one too, our inbox is assaulted by endless press releases about in-game Christmas events, seasonal well-wishing from free-to-play titles we’ve never heard of and news of flash sales on sinister-sounding virtual currencies. I don’t know how we’ll cope. Well, I do – we’ll just ignore 99% of it. But one piece of festive gimmickery did manage to force itself past the steely defences of my intractably cynical brain. The below is EVE Online’s batshit crazy tidings of the season, and it includes pervy troll-men, Santa being murdered with a ray-gun, live-action Eve and authentic Icelandic mythology.

This does tie in to actual in-game happenings, regardless of how out there it may initially seem. The Yule Lads are a genuine Icelandic myth, rest assured, and this is not the first time an EVE Chrimbo event has been themed around them.

“And be good.” Hah! This is not the game for such things.

I’m definitely going to hide my sausage just in case the Yule Lads come to the UK this year.

Hide my sausage.

HIDE MY SAUSAGE.

For more practical, less trollman-based detail of what’s going on in Eve over – ugh – “the holiday period”, you should get yourself over here. Hurry, there are gifts, to be had. Gifts!

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. MrLakestream says:

Could someone please make a Team Fortress 2-type of game based on the Yule Lads? I would definitely play as Sheep-Cote Clod “who harasses sheep but is impaired by his stiff peg-legs” most of the time, but would probably put some time in with Sausage-Swiper “who would hide in the rafters and snatch sausages that were being smoked”.

• forex broker says:

With the majority of forex traders using online forex brokers today, it is crucial that your forex broker has the capability to provide you with service whenever the forex market is open.

• bonniebova6 says:

Cole. I agree that Gloria`s blurb is impossible, on thursday I got themselves a Ford Focus from making $4135 this past 5 weeks and even more than ten-grand this past month. without a question it is the most-comfortable job Ive ever had. I began this four months/ago and practically straight away started bringin in at least $77 per/hr. I went to this site..See More

2. Ergates_Antius says:

Here, I’ll hide your….wait…no.

• The Random One says:

You’re a pretty cool guy, Alec, but you still have to at least buy me dinner first.

3. Batolemaeus says:

I’d embedd the actual video, not the one from the machinima people who blatantly steal other people’s content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlvsXekP2A

4. guygodbois00 says:

Slow day? I understand.

5. tinafey says:

my co-worker’s ex-wife makes $73 hourly on the internet. She has been without work for 9 months but last month her check was $21030 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more here http://www.fly38.com

6. haleha says:

Twilight Turtle Sky Star Night Light Music Projector Stars Constellation Lamp Hot Christmas Gift Birthday Gift for Kids
    so perfect, so amazing!

7. The Dark One says:

If you hadn’t mentioned EVE in the headline, I would have thought the banner image was of John.

Gap Gen says:

I had an Icelandic colleague who apparently had quite a bit of explaning to do after his kids accused the local shopping centre’s santa of eating children.

9. syndicatedragon says: