Hail Mary: Project GODUS Officially Funded

By Nathan Grayson on December 20th, 2012 at 10:00 am.

The next step: making it actually look like this.

Kickstarter isn’t a kind place. Well, OK, aside from the whole “free money from the absurd generosity of people’s hearts” thing, I mean. But these days, if you don’t understand how to work the machine, it’ll chew you up and spit you right back out – probably with even fewer pennies to your name than when you first started. Even game design legends aren’t safe, as evidenced by high-profile failures like Old-School RPG and Dizzy Returns, and Peter Molyneux’s Project GODUS certainly looked like it could go either way. For better or worse, though, the Kickstarter deities have officially accepted fans’ offering, and GODUS will now get its wings.

With a scant 40-some-odd hours to go, GODUS crossed the £450,000 starting line, so it’s full steam ahead from here on out. It then continued to sprint right past the £460,000 mark, so we’ll be getting three additional single-player and multiplayer modes of some variety. “With some extra funding, we can test out some super unique competitive gameplay and then get it in front of you, the backers, in our early beta play tests,” 22 Cans explained. “You guys can then tell us the features you think have the potential to make the final cut.”

Meanwhile, 22 Cans announced that Harry Waters, son of Pink Floyd’s legendary Roger Waters and keyboardist for both the current Roger Waters tour and his own band, will be collaborating on the game in some way. “We will be exploring how we can collaborate with Harry on the soundtrack for GODUS,” said the not-so-canny can collective. “It could be in the form of a bonus track on the soundtrack or it could be something else – regardless it’s exciting to see so many creative people wanting to contribute. So we’re a happy bunch.”

The Kickstarter’s still got a little more than a day to go, and – at the rate it’s going – there’s a chance it could hit some of its loftier stretch goals. Still though, I’m not sure how to feel about this. I wouldn’t say GODUS limped out the gate, but it certainly didn’t pull a Project Eternity of Star Citizen. So does this say something about dwindling demand for god games, the increasing frugality of Kickstarter users, or does it land somewhere in the middle. I’m leaning toward the latter, but it’s a lot to sift through.

But hey, GODUS is a thing now. That much is certain. Now then, here’s hoping it starts to shape up once it has some room to breathe. Its first couple showings, after all, weren’t exactly the strongest.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. KikiJiki says:

Disappointed that people would throw money at what was nothing more than an idea from a notorious underachiever until 4 days before the KS ended. I think it sends the wrong message about how to get backing for a project.

• brkl says:

I think this shows that it’s a bad idea to start a Kickstarter with so little, but also how important openness and constant updates are. If they had made the prototype before the Kickstarter, they could have ended up with a lot more money, but handling the Kickstarter so well after the beginning earned them enough money to pull it off.

• KikiJiki says:

I agree with this. I think that companies looking to Kickstart something should really have something more concrete than a couple of pretty pictures and flowery words when they’re asking for a lot of money.

You wouldn’t go to a publisher or an investor with so little to show, you’d get laughed out of the room, whether you have a respected name in your industry or not. I really dislike how companies seem to think they can approach Kickstarter with almost nothing and get funding, and I honestly feel sorry for the people throwing their money at these projects because I think they’re being exploited.

• Xzi says:

I’m not really sure how they’re being exploited if they end up getting exactly what they pay for. In the case of GODUS, they may not fully understand what it is that they are paying for yet, but apparently the idea of another god sim from Molyneux is enough to coax them into investing. So be it.

Personally, I’d be willing to help with this kickstarter if it didn’t cost a minimum of $32 to get beta access and a copy of the finished game. That seems quite high compared to many of the other great kickstarter projects. But then, that’s partially my fault for not taking notice of GODUS when the supporter tier was still available.

• brkl says:

Yeah, that’s another thing. It’s just too damn expensive for something that isn’t a sure thing.

I only put in five bucks because I like Molyneux’ passion.

• KikiJiki says:

Well by the end I don’t think there is any possibility of exploitation due to the prototype and demonstrations being released. At least by the end of the KS 22Cans have finally developed an acceptable pitch.

When all there was to go on was words and a couple of pictures though people still threw money at it, with nothing concrete about what they would be getting really. That’s where I think they were exploited and to a degree I think the pledgers were doing it to themselves.

As I said before – you wouldn’t pitch to actual investors the way 22Cans did when you’re asking for that much money, but it seems that you can when pitching to Joe Public because he just yells SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

• Cyrius says:

Beta access was for 15 weird symboled funny money, or about $20

If you can’t afford $20 you shouldn’t be spending it on a game.

Sure, Molyneux promises more than he delivers most of the time, but what he finally does deliver is typically more than what other game creators promise. I will play every single game that dude puts out until he dies.

• Tams80 says:

@Cyrius

It may not be not being able to afford a £15 game, but thinking £15 is just rather a lot when you can get games that have actually been released for the same price or less.

Also, decease with mentioning your silly money!

• Cyrius says:

@Tams80
            I really just typed that because I don’t have the button on my keyboard and didn’t feel like hitting up that character map :-P Also, I am very aware that this is a site from across the pond, gotta give my jabs where I can.

I have funded several Kickstarter projects at this point and have yet to have a single one of them delivered yet. Am I worried? No. I am more interested in the ambitious promises they present than the state of the project at the moment it is delivered. The state of gaming in most cases right now is promise very little and put a nice paint-job on it. This is not enough for me.

• KikiJiki says:

@Cyrius you’ve kind of proved my point though really. You didn’t stop to question the quality of the pitch for GODUS, whether it’s because you pledged a small amount, or for whatever other reason.

To me, a company asking for almost half a million currency of ANY unit should be showing something more meaningful than a couple of pictures you could photoshop up in less than a morning, and some flowery prose about how it’ll reinvent a ‘dead’ genre and is from a ‘legendary’ designer. It really concerns me that people seem willing to give money to this, when I can bet pound to penny that they’d ignore a bloke on the street asking for some change to get a cup of tea, especially given that some of the reward tiers are asking you to throw a lot of money at what was a huge pile of nothing at the start of their KS.

Again, I’m disappointed that money was thrown at this before a decent pitch was in place, and feel it sets a bad precedent.

• The Random One says:

Having $20 to spend and having $20 to piss away on a pipe dream are not the same thing at all.

• Cyrius says:

@KikiJiki

If that was your argument then yeah, sure. I waited until they showed the video.

That said, the video was little more than an engine demo. It was more than enough for me to go on, and it may not be for others.

Molyneux track record is not bad. He definitely promises more than he delivers, but I have yet to play a bad game from him. Granted his time at Microsoft was not his best, and the games were good but not great, but was that his fault? I guarantee Microsoft did not allow him to do risktaking in order to create something great that is floating around in his brain. But even his ‘greatness-lite’ games have been different enough but with enough quality that they separated them from the rest.

@The Random One
            I probably just have a different view on money than you. I have everything I need, all the rest of the money is for pissing away on whatever I please.

• KikiJiki says:

@Cyrius

Yeah that’s cool. I have no problems at all with people waiting until something substantial was shown before backing. I despair at the people who throw money at their screen because it has the name Molyneux attached and nothing else to go on though, and hope that they never get caught up in a complex financial scam later on in life.

Re: PM’s games, I’m not convinced that anything post Bullfrog was actually good. The last games of his I bought were B&W 1 and Fable. B&W was an unfinished buggy mess on launch, with multiplayer that conceptually never worked and stupid restrictions on creature that meant to get the one you wanted you needed to cheat, though having said that I was active in the community post launch and some great stuff came out from some mapmakers.

Fable was an incredibly average ARPG style game when there was a lack of them, so a lot of its shortcomings get a free pass. I’m sure if it came out today though the fact that you could woo women in different villages, marry them, collect the dowry and then beat them to death would be frowned upon. The really disappointing thing with Fable though was that the incredible dynamic world that was promised was the exact opposite – nobody cared how evil or good you were, they just called you by whatever nickname you purchased ingame.

I really think his last great game was DK, and to be honest from the evidence it looks more like the Bullfrog team collectively made great games than PM makes great games.

• S Jay says:

Notorious underachiever? Ok, I did not pledge because of Molyneux overhyping machine and clearly a “wishful thinking” kickstarter, but calling him underachiever is a bit extreme. The guy has a lot of games out there, maybe none of the later few really worth a revolutionary tag, but he did much more than I did.

Molyneux had 3 or 4 studios, several games, etc… I have zero games, I am an underachiever.

• Excelle says:

Agreed. It seems to be the ‘in thing’ these days to say that Molyneux is a poor developer. Whereas anyone who gamed in the 90s and 00s knows otherwise. Populous, Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, Theme Park, Magic Carpet, Black & White – all games that have swallowed hours and hours of my life. I hear Fable 1 & 2 are pretty good too, but I’m not much of a console gamer.

As soon as I heard that a proven developer was making a god game, and no less than the creator of the genre(!), I was interested. I admit I would have liked more detail in the concept, but there was enough there for me to back it. Happy to see we will be getting this game!

• pakoito says:

There’s a saying in the industry by Carmack: “you’re as good as your last game”. And right now Molyneux is pretty poor. Past achievements are not prediction of future ones, even less is last games have become increasingly worse.

• karmafarm says:

Well, by that logic Carmack is also pretty poor.

I not only backed this but was inspired to hit up gog.com for a copy of old fave Populous 2 and frankly I’ll be very happy if all Godus is is an update of the Populous series.

• MadTinkerer says:

“There’s a saying in the industry”

Allow me to be concise and erudite: FUCK THE INDUSTRY. “The Industry” is barely trying. We finally, barely got a decent X-Com update this year. Several big publishers are looking to going full F2P to save themselves instead of, say, making interesting and innovative games.

Meanwhile, Molyneaux never stopped trying. He never burned out, sold out, or lost out. That he’s continuously worked in the industry on his own projects from the 1980s to today is unimpressive because it’s MAGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Other than Peter Molyneaux, you need to be Japanese just to stay consistently employed while also making games you actually want to make for that length of time. And that’s thanks to the way The Industry is currently set up, so The Industry can go get fucked.

• KevinLew says:

The term “underachiever” in this case probably references how Molyneux has made all kinds of hype and promises with his last five or so game projects and they have failed to deliver anything as his initial press releases. In other words, he likes describe his projects with as much hyperbole as possible before they are released, and then the final result is often something vaguely generic.

Let’s talk a minute about Molyneux’s last game project: Curiosity – What’s In The Cube. If any other legendary game developer had released this game, do you think that they would have gotten away with it? Imagine if Bobby Kotick threw a press conference and said that this was one of the most ambitious and life-changing games that Activision has ever seen in its history. Then you find out that it’s just a cube where you poke at it by pressing one button on your Xbox 360 controller. The press would have a field day and Kotick would be ridiculed for months. But that’s basically how Molyneux presented Curiosity, and hardly anybody has stepped up to him and called him out on it.

I need to point out something that I have not seen anybody in the news mention. Curiosity is basically a MMO with all the other elements removed except for the grind. There’s no NPCs, no combat, no dialogue, no lore… It’s just grinding. Even better, you earn (or buy) coins to help you grind even faster. No other developer would be allowed to make this kind of game without massive criticism, but it’s okay if it’s Peter Molyneux since he’s a genius. I guess he is a genius, since he has 3 million people tapping away on a cube only because Molyneux told them to do it.

• Tams80 says:

Same. At least they had something to show unlike some Kickstarters.

That said, it looks like it will be little different to Reprisal, just with better graphics (though Reprisal could be said to have a deliberate artistic style).

I certainly wasn’t tempted to fund it. I love god games, but the basic concept just seemed boring. In terms of Kickstarters, Maia was much more appealing to me.

2. mollemannen says:

if it hit’s 500k in the next 30 hours this game becomes a lot more interesting for me.

• Xzi says:

Agreed. Possession mode sounds really different. I hope it makes it in.

• Teovald says:

550 seems also pretty interesting.
      Supporting Ouya should not need a tier though. They are already supporting Android, if Gofus runs well on a Tegra 3 Android tablet, it will run well on Ouya, because it is basically what it is (modulo some changes, for example in the permission system).
      Linux support would be great and should be a no brainer for many indie devs..

• Supahewok says:

Think the main challenge for Ouya is modifying the control scheme to work on a controller. Not the biggest hurdle to overcome, but I can see it taking a month or so to do well.

• Teovald says:

I did not realize that they are not targeting consoles (probably a wise move, it is very expensive). So yeah, there is that.
          Android manages gamepads natively, no need of OUYA for that, but it remains marginal, not many people are going to strap a gamepad to their phone or tablet.

• Excelle says:

Multiplayer co-op. Always :)

• Jenks says:

This plus the Ouya tier would be fantastic. Set the old lady up in front of the big screen on the Ouya and go through the game together.

3. Belsameth says:

A lot of people, probably, have a lot of money tied up in Kickstarter with very few projects delivering anything much. It’ll probably pick up a bit again when a few of the more high profile titles deliver.
    Besides that, December is already notoriously expensive…

• AmateurScience says:

That’s a good point, it’s been what 9 months since Double Fine. Those that have funded projects since then might have 4 or 5 by now, all with delivery dates of some time in the future. There’s got to be a point where people will stop and wait for their currently backed projects to come to fruition (or not!) before taking the plunge again.

Not so much kickstarter fatigue as saturation of risk.

Also I imagine that this time of year is not the best for a lot of people to be taking punts on currently non-existent projects what with the seasonal surge in ‘big’ games (available now, the novelty!) and other winter expenses.

Edit: I appear to have simply said the same thing as the OP without adding anything new, my apologies, I am a little distracted this morning.

• Acorino says:

Definitely the case for me.

• Simon Hawthorne says:

And, of course, that many are waiting for the sales that happen this time of year – GOG and Steam spring to mind.

• Teovald says:

I have just checked, I have backed 30 Kickstarters. 17 games, including 2 that did not meet their goals (and Ouya).
      None of these games have been released yet (Many of my other kickstarters are way older and have already shipped). It does not affect my future backings though : if I find a project interesting, think that the creators can pull it off and that it has no chance to be financed by a publisher, I back it.

• f1x says:

I think as long as games are delivered and they sustain a good % of what they promised / hype, things will go fine

now just hope failures dont start to happen, in terms of things that could undermine the users trust, scams, alien abductions, etc

Anyway, you guys that are better informed, which games DID came out already from Kickstarter, Faster than light?

• Teovald says:

I don’t think that any of the projects that have followed the enormous Double Fine Survival have shipped yet.
        Project Giana also comes from Kickstarter.

4. DonJefe says:

I think there’s a big market for god games. Well, “big” is maybe a stretch, but it is certainly a genre that has been ignored in the last few years despite the fact that there is a clear demand for it.

On the other hand, when you look back at the history of god games, there are certainly a lot of flawed games that come to mind. So maybe it’s just a genre that is near-impossible to get right.

5. AndrewC says:

Well done Peter!

Now, as interesting as GODUS is from a celebrity developer/state of kickstarter/pure soap opera stand point, let’s now ignore it for a bit and get stuck in with articles about the weirder corners of kickstarter!

• spindaden says:

Hear Hear!
      *raises glass, tips cap, thumps table*

I hope no other ‘celebrity kickstarters’ pop up for a while and after braben’s thing plods it’s course we can enjoy a quiet period where we don’t need bi-weekly articles on how average the latest celebrity kickstarter update is and can instead look at more interesting and original projects, people, corners of the internet or even (gasp) actual fully fledged right here right now maybe not quite but almost GAMES.

6. ecat says:

“So does this say something…”

I think the message in this case is: “Reality check your reputation before banking on it”. If nothing else it shows that Kickstarter supporters are neither mugs nor money fountains, this I feel is a good message to send.

7. Chupacabra- says:

Peter, I am disappoint … and with me so will all the people who put their trust in you and funded this egotrip when this game gets released (if it ever gets released).
    This is why crowdfunding is intrisically flawed.

• AmateurScience says:

It’s inherently risky yes, but it’s not flawed as long as the people offering funding are aware of the risks they are taking. I think most of the press surrounding kickstarter projects do a good job of emphasizing the risks involved, and I have enough faith remaining in humanity to think that most people are switched on enough to separate funding the development of a project (to whatever end) from making a purchase.

Where it breaks down is when the project stops communicating with the funders – as seen recently with the Code Hero project.

• Belsameth says:

Why is it flawed?
      People can *litteraly* vote with their wallet.

• Chupacabra- says:

In this case it’s flawed because it takes away the responsibility a developer has against the publisher and replaces it with a responsibility against 100.000 or 1.000.000 or whatever individuals who know squat about making games and the entire process.

• AmateurScience says:

You *could* argue that was better though. A publisher’s primary goal is to make money for it’s investors, which *may* be at odds with a developers desire to make the best game possible whilst keeping a roof over their heads. Whereas with kickstarter the goal of everyone – the developers and the funders – is to make the best game possible without potentially compromising the vision for a more saleable product.

Whilst it’s inherently more risky in terms of producing a commercially viable product, distributing that risk amongst many thousands of people means that – as long as those who donate understand that risk and only pledge what they can afford to lose – we can get games that we otherwise woudn’t where the overall risk for any one individual is actually pretty low.

• Arithon says:

That argument proves the opposite. First, you assume most publishers know or care about the development process – considering the console-aimed tripe we’ve been seeing, that’s not a good bet to take.
            Second, the Kickstarter contributors want and care about THE GAME. They are not expecting a quick return on their money, as shareholders and publishers do.

This means games that are GOOD, irrespective or whether or not they *may* be PROFITABLE will get made. A situation that has been in sad decline since the big four publishers ate all the good indie studios, since now unless it’s a rinse-and-repeat franchise that has to sell four million copies to break even, it will never see the light of day.
            Kickstarter has put an end to the tail wagging the dog. Now WE get to choose which bones get the money!
            Imagine if EVERY game had to find its first £500,000 of budget from a Kickstarter BEFORE a publisher would run with it. I can see the end of COD right there.

• f1x says:

That would definitely not be the end of COD considering COD sales….
            at least if those who buy that damn same COD every year manage to type kickstarter.com in to their browser/google…with just maybe a 15% of them would be enough…

• Chupacabra- says:

You are correct! But when big names ask for crowd funding, my eyebrows automatically go into frowning mode.

If this project was lead by the next Gabe Newell or Will Wright or John Romero I would gladly fund this project. We’re talking about a guy who has already proven himself. This project got funded because he put he put a sticker with his name on this project.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a smart move on his part. Now he alone has control over this project.
            And if he really wanted to, he could get it funded the normal way.
            He is abusing the system in my opinion. It’s like Bill Gates begging for money to make a new version of Windows.

Now he gets a budget and no deadline to come up with some kind of game with no clear idea of what it will be!

• Jenks says:

I’ve bought every game Peter M has released and I’ve been disappointed by one, Fable 3. People know what they’re funding. You don’t like his games, fine. Acting like you’re the smartest one in the room and we’re all eventually going to be enlightened and reach your level of understanding is both condescending and asinine.

• Chupacabra- says:

Someone is mad up in here!
        Call me when you’ve reached my level of enlightenment, we can go out for burgers.

• Jenks says:

Maybe after a few thousand hours of classes in cynicism and douchebaggery I’ll be up there with you, and together we can rail against crowd funding because of how stupid the crowd is.

8. Yachmenev says:

It started off as one of the worst kickstarters, but now feels like one of the best. No one can fault the effort 22 Cans to get it back on track. Anyone who thinks that kickstarter is just free money should look at the work they have put into this one now.

• The First Door says:

It really isn’t one of the best Kickstarters out there. If anything I’d say it ended up being adequate for a Kickstarter. Most of the work they’ve had to put into this was because the original pitch video was so poor and lacking in details.

It was nice to see, however, that when they put out a proper prototype of what the game was actually going to be that they got the funding they needed!

• maninahat says:

See, this was how I felt. I eventually contributed with only 50 hours to go, because by then, I had finally seen enough for me to take the risk. I certainly wouldn’t have put down a cent at the start.

• The First Door says:

I was the same, even if I fell the other way and decided it wasn’t for me. It’s just good they finally got the prototype out there! One thing that does worry me slightly though for people who’ve backed it is the promised demo never quite materialised.

• b0rsuk says:

I’m afraid 22cans (not Peter Molyneux) have paid a hefty price for this. It smells like they had to crunch to show anything resembling a prototype. Initially the prototype was meant to surface shortly after the Kickstarter deadline.

That’s not a good start.

9. remoteDefecator says:

Surprised and happy to hear this news. If I wasn’t broke, I would have put some money behind GODUS. I’ll always be a fan of Molyneux, even if he hasn’t really had the magic in a decade or so. I never played or followed the development of any of the Fable games, so maybe that has something to do with it. I just find his attitude toward games and development endearing, and I hope he knocks it out of the park with GODUS.

10. Dark Malady says:

I’m glad it succeeded, while people seem to harp on about broken promises, I’ve enjoyed all the Bullfrog/Lionhead games I’ve played, they may not have had every promised feature but they were still great games.
    Something someone once said to was the incredibly cliche “shoot for the moon and if you miss, you’ll at least land among the stars” which is incredibly apt I feel, as Molyneux may have promised the moon in the past (really his ideas weren’t just feasible), but you cannot deny that his games have had “star” power.
    I was happy to Invest because I believe that the final product will be Interesting and Fun. I have no idea what the final product will turn out to be… something a little like populous… which is enough for me to know for now, details can happen after a couple months working.

Of another note is the fact that they chose to finish something like this less than a week before Christmas, which is when even if you are not buying things for everyone you know or putting up a feast, your waist deep in sales. that seems stupid to me, but with curiosity settled in… I can see how they would want to get moved onto the next thing.

11. Entitled says:

I can’t believe this! In spite of all my warnings, people keep liking things that I don’t like!

12. jnms says:

It’s often overlooked (especially here): This KS project was in £ – and this is making funding a lot harder to get.

The conversion rate is poor. I am sure a lot of Americans don’t want to pay over $30 for a Kickstarter game ($50 in the case of Elite), when in the past they have been able to pay between $10 and $20.

Not to mention that on the UK Kickstarters you have to give Kickstarter you Credit Card details and I know a few people that refused to back Godus due to that fact alone.

It would seem that getting funding for a UK Kickstarter is more difficult by default…

• AmateurScience says:

I know I’ve been repelled by the payment system on a number of occasions. I imagine the number of impulse backers is fewer because of the credit card requirement, as oppose to to just confirming the Amazon payment.

13. ribobura osserotto says:

Well, after you folks writing +10 articles on it, no fucking wonder. You should stop sucking Molyneux’s cock so much.

14. BStramke says:

Anyone noticed that the Screenshot (or better: Artwork) here shows rocks and rivers but the Videos don’t have any rocks or rivers at all?

Also, Peter starts to balance the game already, my guess is that he wants to finish this in this year in the state we seen it in the videos.

• Unaco says:

Could be, maybe, perhaps, because the Video is from an unfinished Alpha/Prototype of the game, and as such doesn’t feature all intended features of the finished game, while the concept art is closer to the intended vision of the game once it is finished. Also, the top video on the KS page does feature rocks.

• mcwill says:

It’s had 2 weeks work on it, and at least one of the videos goes into some detail talking about the decisions they’re making about the mechanics of the water and explaining why it’s not in the “public” prototype yet.

15. somnolentsurfer says:

I really don’t get the degree of vitriol directed at this project. Between Molyneux and Schafer, the directors of the two kickstarters I’ve backed defined my childhood. Both those men created games that still rank among my favourite of all time. Both have more recent work in their portfolio that has been beautiful, enjoyable, disappointing and frustrating. Only real differance is that 22 Cans have many times more to show than Doublefine did during their funding drive.

• mcwill says:

Because Molyneux’s name turns some people into purple-faced man-children.

16. b0rsuk says:

Okay, I’m mildly disappointed this has been funded. That would be some good food for thought for Molyneux.

But it happened. At this point the best thing to do is to wish 22cans and Peter luck. This is sounds like Peter’s last chance to make a good game without publisher constraints and restore his tarnished reputation.

17. derbefrier says:

Well I am happy for them. Despite all of the hate for this guy from the internet community I still think he has it in him to make a good game. the fable games, while not living up to all of his hype were still good games and I don’t doubt GODUS will be any different. Will he make wild promises that ultimately don’t make it? yeah knowing him that’s probably a given. Will it still be a good game? I think it will be. I didn’t pledge because there are other things I wanted to spend my money on at this time but I will be patiently waiting to buy this game on release.

18. Michael Fogg says:

The POTUS approves the GODUS.

19. mcwill says:

Oh noes! They didn’t punish Molyneux with failure like I wanted them to! THE FOOLS!

Again, this comment thread illustrates why we can’t have nice things. No Half Life 3? Your fault. Seriously.

20. Brise Bonbons says:

I was never going to back this (I don’t back much, for that matter), and I am ambivalent about their success at this stage, but I look forward to seeing what Molyneux can do under his own direction. I don’t expect much, to be frank, but if nothing else we will get the chance to see whether he’s still got the juice.

It would be a great comeback story if he produced something really neat, so that’s what I’m rooting for.

21. Malfious says:

I’ve never funded a project until this one, I though they would take paypal as a payment option but it seems you can only do that through the Godus website… Does anyone know if paypal payments show up in the total amount raised?